What's new

AIDS infested India - deadly threat to Bangladesh

Why are you posting an article published in 2005? How is it relevant to anything? This article is outdated and inaccurate.

I just read first couple of lines when I came across this - "India has the world's largest AID infested population."

Fact#1 -

India does not have the world's largest AIDS population. It has the world's third largest behind South Africa and Nigeria.

India HIV caseload seen dramatically lower | Reuters - UN USAID revised figure

Fact#2 -

India's AIDS population is in the range of 2.5 million (not 5+ million).

This has been mentioned in the source above and also, most AIDS cases in India are restricted to certain pockets in south and NE India.

Fact#3 -

India's AIDS prevalence rate is 0.30%, not 1%

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2155rank.html

Compare this with AIDS prevalence rates in developed countries -

USA - 0.6
Spain - 0.5
Portugal - 0.5
Canada - 0.4
Italy - 0.4
France - 0.4

Therefore, the AIDS prevalence rate in India is lower than that of several developed nations. As a matter of fact, the global figure is 0.80% and India's figure is 0.30%.

Yet, some people here keep presenting outdated information to taunt India. Lame really.

Thank you ingis, but some respected (!) members must keep bumping this thread by asking really really really dumb questions every few days.

Get a life pls, and concentrate on the REAL issues faced by bangladesh, don't be so obsessed with the hindoooos!

I think BD should hammer out the AIDS and Border killing issues before transit starts.

If you BJP/RSS hindutvamullas don't put an end to your "hate threads" opening spree, I won't restrain myself either. But I promise I'll only post about the real threats posed by hindutvamulla agendas; no BS, no "illegal immigration" sort of conspiracy theories.

So, to begin with, an article about some US ban on Indian sex workers. It's relevant, because GoB can learn from it and ban their clients, Indian truckers, from entering BD and infecting the environment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US bans Indian sex workers

sex_workers_india_reut_670.jpg

KOLKATA: Their eyes lined with black pencil and lips painted red, women in sequined saris line the labyrinth of squalid lanes that make up Sonagachi, one of Asia’s largest red light districts in the old quarters of this bustling eastern Indian city.

In front of open sewers, they chat on mobile phones and flirt with customers, who follow them into the dark doorways of decrepit brothels, up winding staircases into tiny rooms with just a bed, television and posters of Hindu gods on the walls.

In the global battle against HIV/AIDS, sex workers like those in Sonagachi are a crucial link in a chain of infection that some 20,000 experts gathered in Washington are debating how to break – but without having foreign sex workers there.

US travel restrictions on visas for sex workers mean thousands of them have been unable to attend the annual International AIDS Conference (IAC), the world’s largest forum to discuss policy on fighting the deadly virus.

In protest, sex workers from around the world have been staging a parallel conference in Kolkata – a five-day “Sex Worker Freedom Festival” to demand an end to the discrimination many face due to their profession.

“Sex workers are key to all policy decisions on AIDS,” says Samarajit Jana from the Durbar Mahila Samanwaya Committee (DMSC), an Indian collective of 65,000 sex workers, and one of the co-organisers of the Kolkata conference.

“It has been proved that if you can succeed in controlling transmission amongst sex workers, you can be rest assured that you will not face an epidemic. They must be part of the discussion.”

A study published by the Lancet Journal of Infectious Diseases in March showed that female sex workers’ risk of HIV infection is 14 times higher than those of other women, adding this was a “disproportionately high” burden of the disease.

Ah now it all makes sense. So that's where you went to get y... nvm. :P

Don't act like a scumbag.

India: My life in the 'red lights' of Sonagachi

UNODC: Can you tell us how you came to be here at such a young age?

Munni: All I remember is I am from Bangladesh and I came here when I was ten years old. I tell people I am a Hindu and that my name is Munni. I am sixteen now but I tell people I am twenty years old. I have been here for five years and this is my home. I have no family. 'Ma' (the lady pimp) is my family. She looks after me, feeds me, even gives me money to buy saris (dresses) for Durga Puja. But she means business and I have to work. When I was little, a man came to my house and said he will keep me in a palace and that I will marry a prince but I have to do as he says. He brought me to Kolkata and left me here at one of the dirtiest brothels promising to return but never showed up.

34fef5k.jpg

https://openaccess.leidenuniv.nl/bitstream/handle/1887/12767/IIAS_NL42_16.pdf?sequence=1

A thread running for 19 pages, still not closed after so many insulting and personal attacks. :undecided:

No wonder, India is becoming role model for control of AIDS where few years ago was one of the most badly affected countries.

People need to read a lot about this disease and the measures taken, factors to be taken into account and social structure, demographic processes like birth rate, immigration, emigration etc.

Anyone needs lecture on these points, let me know, but keep your language clean.

MODs kindly take strict action against the person posting flame baits.

First you get personal, then portray the story of a child trafficking victim as the confession of an illegal immigrant.

I'm not reporting this time, hoping you'd repent.

And I hope you people take your illegal citizens back.

A thread running for 19 pages, still not closed after so many insulting and personal attacks. ...blah blahs

Why don't you crybabies post something similar in one of the bazillion hindutva threads running in the BD forum? Are all Indian forumers here BJP/RSS sympathizers?:undecided:

First you get personal, then portray the story of a child trafficking victim as the confession of an illegal immigrant.

I'm not reporting this time, hoping you'd repent.

When did I get personal ?

And its abit rich coming from you, who posted a month old news (which has already been posted), in a year old thread just to troll?

bnagladeshis might have done something wad in their life that Allah(Swt)has bought the AIDS threat on them.

Back
Top Bottom