What's new

AIDS infested India - deadly threat to Bangladesh

H1V1 is spread through air unlike HIV which spread through semen and blood.

I know it well. I just said that BD should screen Indians as like Indians do for BDmen. Why would we take risk even it does not spread through the air?

there is a new device which locks the stuff between legs.... and i guess that should be used for the insecure people.... u need 2 hands to clap... likewise u need 2 organs to spread aids... ha..

I know it well. I just said that BD should screen Indians as like Indians do for BDmen. Why would we take risk even it does not spread through the air?

Well it will take 2,3 days to test every Indian for HIV. Indians can meanwhile do all those acts which spread HIV till they tested positive for HIV.

Better option would be distributing free packs of condoms to every Indians going to BD. Indians are happy, BDians are happy. Condom companies are happy as well. :cheers:

Gay pride parade draws thousands

Sun, Nov 28th, 2010 10:12 pm BdST

Gay pride parade draws thousands | Style | bdnews24.com

NEW DELHI, Nov 28 (bdnews24.com/Reuters) - Thousands of people danced, sang and cheered through the streets of Delhi on Sunday in a colourful and vibrant celebration for the first gay pride parade since gay sex was made legal in India.

Under a huge rainbow flag, to the sound of drums, whistles and horns, 2,000 gay activists and supporters clad in feather face masks shouted slogans and waved placards as they marched through the capital of this still sexually conservative country.

"Today is about saying that we are gay and we are proud. We are not going anywhere, we are a part of society, and today we can celebrate being different," said Amit Agrawal, one of the parade organisers.

The parade brought traffic to a halt in the commercial heart of the city, leaving bemused drivers watching in astonishment as kissing male couples, dancing transsexuals in bright pink skirts and thousands of rainbow flags went past.

While the previous two annual marches were billed as protests against legislation that criminalised homosexual sex in the world's largest democracy, in July last year a landmark case in the Delhi High Court finally overturned the colonial-era Section 377 of India's penal code after nine years of legal action.

"Last year it was about protest, but this year it is all about celebration. It has only been a year, but it has been a huge year," said Hillol Dutta, a gay activist.

Yet despite the ruling, gays still face a social stigma in India, where hugging and kissing in public even among heterosexual couples is strongly frowned upon.

Strong religious and family values mean many homosexuals choose to hide their sexuality for fear of discrimination, while attacks by police, especially in rural areas, are common.

"It is still socially unacceptable. Many gays have to keep their sexuality concealed, many are married," said Ashok Das, who was not taking part in the parade.

But attitudes are slowly changing, especially in the cities of Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. Eighteen months ago, only one bar catered to Delhi's gay community, but today a host of nightclubs host regular gay nights as owners and promoters look to cash in on the 'pink rupee'.

"Change is good, but you have to take small steps. The youth have accepted it, but I think it will take at least 10 years before society in general accepts homosexuals," said Saurabh Gaur, a heterosexual man who had come to support a gay friend.

bdnews24.com/lq/2212h.

......................................................................................
Wish to see a lots of heterosexual men after 10 years in Bharat.......lol.

Last edited:
wtf! Gay parade? I mean a crowd of gay? O dear......they really need some divine intervention this time. My country is a thousand times better than that, we have girlfriends!!!

wtf! Gay parade? I mean a crowd of gay? O dear......they really need some divine intervention this time. My country is a thousand times better than that, we have girlfriends!!!

You mean there is no Gay in Bangladesh?

oh really..Then kindly explain what is this..

It is not that the estimated more than 10 million gay/lesbian Bangladeshis are having a great time in Bangladesh

A new visitor from abroad may be struck by the open display of physical affection between same genders in Bangladesh. On the surface it can appear to be quite a friendly environment for gay people.

Dhaka Diary: Gays and Lesbians: the hidden minorities of Bangladesh

Well, when the mainstream community totally denies their existence then one can assume the degree of prosecution they face for having different sexual preference!

Why gay men flee Bangladesh

Quite a lot is known about homosexual practice in Bangladesh, thanks to the work of an Australian gay man, Professor Gary Dowsett, who wrote a research paper, Men Who Have Sex With Men In Bangladesh, as part of an HIV-related research project.

Dowsett describes a complex pattern of sexual activity ‚ teenage male prostitution in Dhaka parks, a custom of sex between male cousins and brothers-in-law, a tradition of transvestism.

All this, he notes, has nothing to do with western "gay identity", although this is now also starting to appear.
Until recently homosexuality was almost never spoken about in public.

This is beginning to change, but the results are sometimes a little strange.

A recent article in the Dhaka Daily Star noted, "We have a much higher percentage of gays and lesbians in our society than we had five years ago."

Dr Safiul Azam, associate professor of Sociology at Dhaka University, went on to say homosexuality was increasing at the rate of 3.5 percent a year.

Dauvergne, Catherine; Millibank, Jenni --- "Applicants S396/2002 and S395/2002, a gay refugee couple from Bangladesh" [2003] SydLawRw 6; (2003) 25(1) Sydney Law Review 97

On 11 October 2002 the High Court granted leave to appeal from a decision of the Full Federal Court, Kabir v Minister for Immigration & Multicultural Affairs (MIMA) (hereinafter Kabir).[1] The case concerns a gay couple from Bangladesh seeking asylum. This marks the first time that a final appellate court anywhere in the world will consider a refugee claim based on the ground of sexual orientation. Refugee decision-makers around the world follow each other’s rulings closely and the High Court of Australia has played an important role in developing international refugee jurisprudence to date. The outcome of this case has the potential to influence decision-making in all refugee-receiving states.

Why are you wasting your time searching for references? Go join the parade!
Atleast I forced some indians to search for Gays! LOLZZ:rofl:

Why are you wasting your time searching for references? Go join the parade!
Atleast I forced some indians to search for Gays! LOLZZ:rofl:

I think you have had the most successful day of your awesome life.

So there are gays in bangladesh, and when you get your divine intervention, then come and make snide remarks about my country. Until then, shut the duck up.

Few gays in the whole BD and a parade of 2000 gays in Delhi are not same. Also our society dose not legalized it. And why referring foreign web sites which does not represent BD.

That will be perfect population control method for bangladesh i suppose then.Atleast help india that it providing bangladeshi's AIDS to control its population menace.;)

Back
Top Bottom