What's new

AIDS infested India - deadly threat to Bangladesh

This thread had become polluted because of 1) racism 2) personal attacks 3) flaming, and not because of our concerns about AIDS spreading from within India.

well are Indians are the only one responsible for all these pollution..one guy who is talking like he is the guradian of Islam and insulting all the other religon and what not which is strictly prohibited in Islam as told by friends from here..
Don't take it as an insult against your country. There is no shame in admitting the fact that AIDS in India can reach a pandemic level if your government is unable to control the flow of infected people through the borders.

How convinent , insulting a country and then talking about dont take it as an insult right..the better thing both side remember is that if you are trying to insult a country you will get double the insult back to our country (it is also said by a friend from your country who i respects a lot because of his maturity which many of you guys lacks) you are saying like every truck driver in India is carrying AIDs to Bangladesh..we are creating awareness among the truck drivers and prostitutes about the unprotected sex and the diseases.and its yeilding results...may be its time for you government to do the same..
This thread has nothing to do with "hatred against India" as some indian guy pointed out. The reason we are discussing this topic:

It has everything to do with Hatred of India..dont play angels shall we?

- This old thread has been revived because this AIDS threat from India can become a troublesome issue once the transit deal is implemented - so we need to discuss on containing this biological threat.
Yes sure..we are all for it..but what i see is as soon as the old thread is revived the members including the one who revived is busy insulting each others nation
- Morality comes into play here for obvious reasons. AIDS does not spread through thin air. As a Muslim country, not many people here indulge in promiscuous behavior. But it's not so much of a social taboo in India, and you know that. Don't take it otherwise - I'm not saying Hindus are deficient in morality, just talking about India as a whole.

Being a muslim country doesnt give you moral high ground..do you think there is no gays in your country??is there no pedophile??is there every person having relationship with single women..there are a large portion of people in India who are conservatives ..the main problem in most of the muslim nations in my view is that people afraid to come out ..its the same to an extent in my country too but comparing some countries we are much better..

- Prostitutes do not choose their partners. They will have sex with anyone who pays for it, be it BDeshi or indian. That's why I put forward the idea of AIDS-negative certificates for non-infected indian citizens.:D This is something GoI has to implement. GoB can only push GoI in this regard.

Yes good idea..go for it..And also prostitues can ask customers to wear condoms..
- But why go through so much hassle just to pass through Bangladesh, eh? We are building the transit infrastructure for India as a gesture of goodwill and to strengthen our friendship further, with our own money. Reminds me of what bd4ever told me that day: If we can build deep sea ports and airports worth billions and billions of dollars, we could as well manage this measly 1 billion dollar to build the transportation infrastructure for India. You see the point seiko? Now we're not only paying the 1 billion dollar back, we are also paying the interest. But I don't think there is any conspiracy here - India loaned us the amount just to accelerate the work on transit infrastructure. So India, if willing, can go further and take some steps (and invest some more $$$) to contain the AIDS threat if it values the transit facility and it's bond with Bangladesh so much. :D

Clearly you need to get yourself updated about your country's economy and i am not going to explain it to you..but know this many of the Indian states are buying loans from world bank and other nations for the development of infrastructure..you are not the first country and you are not the least..you should know that this transit will create lots of job opportunities in your country too..and you are not buying loans from India only then why this whining and crying over Indian loans only..there are loans you bought in higher interest from other countries for various developmental purpose i dont see any one objecting that..

@Apocalypse

you are soo not the victim here :no: :no:

What the hell do expect man ? You think a thread started by your's truly idune is going to contain intelligent posts and sane responses ?

Fine ok lets all cut the crap and bs and go back to the 'topic' ie

AIDS infested India - deadly threat to Bangladesh :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AIDS is a serious problem here in India however recent steps such as legalizing gay sex are helping prevent unsafe sexual practices. :coffee:

Last edited:
This thread had become polluted because of 1) racism 2) personal attacks 3) flaming, and not because of our concerns about AIDS spreading from within India. Don't take it as an insult against your country. There is no shame in admitting the fact that AIDS in India can reach a pandemic level if your government is unable to control the flow of infected people through the borders.

This thread has nothing to do with "hatred against India" as some indian guy pointed out. The reason we are discussing this topic:

- This old thread has been revived because this AIDS threat from India can become a troublesome issue once the transit deal is implemented - so we need to discuss on containing this biological threat.

- Morality comes into play here for obvious reasons. AIDS does not spread through thin air. As a Muslim country, not many people here indulge in promiscuous behavior. But it's not so much of a social taboo in India, and you know that. Don't take it otherwise - I'm not saying Hindus are deficient in morality, just talking about India as a whole.

- Prostitutes do not choose their partners. They will have sex with anyone who pays for it, be it BDeshi or indian. That's why I put forward the idea of AIDS-negative certificates for non-infected indian citizens.:D This is something GoI has to implement. GoB can only push GoI in this regard.

- But why go through so much hassle just to pass through Bangladesh, eh? We are building the transit infrastructure for India as a gesture of goodwill and to strengthen our friendship further, with our own money. Reminds me of what bd4ever told me that day: If we can build deep sea ports and airports worth billions and billions of dollars, we could as well manage this measly 1 billion dollar to build the transportation infrastructure for India. You see the point seiko? Now we're not only paying the 1 billion dollar back, we are also paying the interest. But I don't think there is any conspiracy here - India loaned us the amount just to accelerate the work on transit infrastructure. So India, if willing, can go further and take some steps (and invest some more $$$) to contain the AIDS threat if it values the transit facility and it's bond with Bangladesh so much. :D

Hey Apocalypse,

You do have valid point as far as treating AIDS for what it is ..a Boundry less Epidemic ....Except you have deployed a circular logic by introducing the Muslim-promiscuous angle to it.

What are BD members worried about
A)Infected Indian citizens arriving in your country and Infecting your Red Light Workers?
B)Infected Indian citizens arriving in your country and Infecting your normal citizens?

Either way you look at it, the carriers will need some Recipient in your country as well, is'nt it? ..... And none looks promiscuous as depicted by you in your post.

So as they say in the HIV world -- "Prevention is the best protection against HIV".

So your post was good ... but for gods sake don't play the suger-honey Muslim card here. Play safe.

As a Muslim country, not many people here indulge in promiscuous behavior.
..everyone is doing it.Yup! even Muslims :lol:

"AIDS-negative certificates" good one :lol:

In 'window period' HIV can spread even from HIV negative people--> may be we should educate ourselves as well.....rather than coming to quick conclusions.....

Last edited:
And of course AID is a threat to humanity(and not only Bangladesh)..........In that sense your concern is justified--> my question is what are you doing so that you do not get the infection.......

Last edited:
Hey Apocalypse,

You do have valid point as far as treating AIDS for what it is ..a Boundry less Epidemic ....Except you have deployed a circular logic by introducing the Muslim-promiscuous angle to it.

What are BD members worried about
A)Infected Indian citizens arriving in your country and Infecting your Red Light Workers?
B)Infected Indian citizens arriving in your country and Infecting your normal citizens?

Either way you look at it, the carriers will need some Recipient in your country as well, is'nt it? ..... And none looks promiscuous as depicted by you in your post.

So as they say in the HIV world -- "Prevention is the best protection against HIV".

So your post was good ... but for gods sake don't play the suger-honey Muslim card here. Play safe.

Stumper,

BD still kept itself immuned to AIDS epidemic despite surrounded by one of the most AIDS prevalent neighbours. You think it happened out of thin air. Please give credit to where it dues even if it were the Muslim card.

See the map posted by one of your buddy. Does that give you any clue?

GR08_2007_HIVPrevWallMap_GR08_en.jpg

Many countries enforce HIV test for immigrant. BD could enforce the same to Indian drivers as they are the most vulnerable group.

"AIDS infested India - deadly threat to Bangladesh"

Do Bangladeshi guys go to India for vacations? :lol::lol:

BD still kept itself immuned to AIDS epidemic despite surrounded by one of the most AIDS prevalent neighbours. You think it happened out of thin air. Please give credit to where it dues even if it were the Muslim card.
Iaj : No -- Its not out of thin air, im not against someone pointing out the level of this spread in my part of the world. I was contesting the "Pious Muslims of BD" angle that he was suggesting. I was asking him to spare us that, i did give him credit for a otherwise good post. I'm not completely aware of your prevention programme but do appreciate the results achieved by GoB in this regards. Full marks to GoB. But dont bring in the religious angle to it. Thats my point.

"AIDS infested India - deadly threat to Bangladesh"

Do Bangladeshi guys go to India for vacations? :lol::lol:
Hundreds of thousands of Bangladeshi's bring home the trophy full of infected germs from abroad every year, It's more about hop that fence and you are home free, if not shot dead by BSF.

Iaj : No -- Its not out of thin air, im not against someone pointing out the level of this spread in my part of the world. I was contesting the "Pious Muslims of BD" angle that he was suggesting. I was asking him to spare us that, i did give him credit for a otherwise good post. I'm not completely aware of your prevention programme but do appreciate the results achieved by GoB in this regards. Full marks to GoB. But dont bring in the religious angle to it. Thats my point.

GOB did $$hit except some NGO's robbed millions of dollars playing AIDS card. Its the social value which acted against AIDS. People still get married as virgin in this country.. By the way I am not virgin... ;)

<seiko: well are Indians are the only one responsible for all these pollution..one guy who is talking like he is the guradian of Islam and insulting all the other religon and what not which is strictly prohibited in Islam as told by friends from here..>

I didn't mention "Indians" at all in that statement, no point getting so defensive. And I have nothing to do with how another guy harasses indians. Hope you understand bro. :D

<seiko: How convinent , insulting a country and then talking about dont take it as an insult right..the better thing both side remember is that if you are trying to insult a country you will get double the insult back to our country (it is also said by a friend from your country who i respects a lot because of his maturity which many of you guys lacks) you are saying like every truck driver in India is carrying AIDs to Bangladesh..we are creating awareness among the truck drivers and prostitutes about the unprotected sex and the diseases.and its yeilding results...may be its time for you government to do the same..>

I, for one, prefer to stay away from the insulting and counter-insulting game. If my words hurt your feelings, accept my apologies. Besides, having different PoV from yours does not make "many BD members" immature.

Good to hear about the initiatives. Our NGOs have been doing the same for years.

<seiko: It has everything to do with Hatred of India..dont play angels shall we?>

Nop. Nothing to do with hatred. It's legitimate fear. AIDS is a deadly disease, and it's spreading like no tomorrow. I'm afraid, if ever our PM conveys this fear to your PM, your PM might react with the typical, complicated "you're insulting us" attitude without even considering the magnitude of the problem.:hitwall:

Hatred is that when indians sing the "20 million BD invaders" tune. I wonder where they get the number, but let's leave that for another thread.

<seiko: Yes sure..we are all for it..but what i see is as soon as the old thread is revived the members including the one who revived is busy insulting each others nation>

Yes there are these few culprits who started a flame war. Last time I checked, the mods are taking care of that.

<seiko: Being a muslim country doesnt give you moral high ground..do you think there is no gays in your country??is there no pedophile??is there every person having relationship with single women..there are a large portion of people in India who are conservatives ..the main problem in most of the muslim nations in my view is that people afraid to come out ..its the same to an extent in my country too but comparing some countries we are much better..>

Good point. I'm sure there are all those people in our country. But religion definitely is playing a leading role here in preventing promiscuous behavior. India can incorporate moral teachings into it's primary and secondary education system. There will be far reaching benefits if people know how to play safe. :D

<seiko: Yes good idea..go for it..And also prostitues can ask customers to wear condoms..>

Actually, most of them do. Some customers, however, bring their inner animal out at times. :D

<seiko: Clearly you need to get yourself updated about your country's economy and i am not going to explain it to you..but know this many of the Indian states are buying loans from world bank and other nations for the development of infrastructure..you are not the first country and you are not the least..you should know that this transit will create lots of job opportunities in your country too..and you are not buying loans from India only then why this whining and crying over Indian loans only..there are loans you bought in higher interest from other countries for various developmental purpose i dont see any one objecting that..>

Were we talking about insulting each others country a while ago? Do you realize that compared to all Indian states' GDPs, BD's GDP is higher than all but Maharashtra's (and even that by a slight margin)? WB's GDP is about half that of BD's. My point: don't throw stones from a glass house. :D (if you care, pm me for indian sources on this)

Thanks for the loan guys. I was just saying we didn't need it, not that it's harmful for us. And don't give me the "BNP did something worse" crap. I'm not here to defend past gov's ill actions. Neither did I protest about the transit deal. If it helps improve the relationship, so be it! :cheers:

But man, GoI & GoB must do something jointly about the AIDS threat before transit is implemented.

Last edited:
Where we talking about insulting each others country a while ago? Do you realize that compared to all Indian states' GDPs, BD's GDP hgiher than all but Maharashtra's (and even that by a slight margin)? WB's GDP is about half that of BD's. My point: don't throw stones from a glass house.

WB has half the population of BD so it makes sense. But I'm not sure from where did you get the statistics, West Bengal is the third largest contributor to India's GDP.
source : http://mospi.nic.in/6_gsdp_cur_9394ser.htm

Population directly relates to GDP, BD is more populous(by almost 20m) than even most populous Indian state. UP is one of the poorest state in India but contributes 2nd largest share of GDP only because of it's population.

but know this many of the Indian states are buying loans from world bank and other nations for the development of infrastructure

Care to explain why did you find it insulting? India is a federal republic, so individual states borrow money from world bank, IMF and other financial institutes. So comparison of Indians states and BD is neither provocative nor insulting.

Last edited:
@Apocalypse

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

NOT !

ahh the sweet delicious irony...the guy who revives a dead thread, gives a religious angle to things and then gives us a lecture on morality! ....real classy dude :tup:

It seems our friends across the borders seek/dream of 'parity' but have to make do with 'charity'

(anything which remotely resembles charity anyways)
:smokin: :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom