What's new

Ahmed Mohamed demands $15m compensation and written apology for homemade clock arrest

Most comments are either inflammatory or ignorant by design Sir, but that excludes yours as I have read them.

Due process was followed in the initial arrest and subsequent release, and even the lawsuit is another step along the way as Ahmed exercises his due rights. Those trying to portray this incident as some form of islamophobia are doing so only to mislead others. Any other student doing the same acts would have been treated the same.

You are correct in saying that American values dictate that he has a fair chance at proving his complaint and be compensated if he is able to do so. Similarly, the school district will have a fair chance at defending itself for the actions that it took. Justice will prevail, of that I have no doubt, whatever the outcome may be.

Doodh ka doodh aur paani ka paani, jald hee faislaa ho jaye gaa.

Fair enough!
Also i will like to again point out, to everyone, it is not always that the Americans or Europeans are biased toward Asians/Muslims/Pakistanis.. As a told, i myself have seen Europeans being interrogated and searched at airports while i have never been asked any extra question passing through all those security checks, carrying a Pakistani passport in my hand. So it is not a case of hatred or biased toward a certain community, we need to understand that.
Equal stress on the fact that this particular is properly followed and justice is done. I hope what you, Syed ali Haider is saying will be true and that will end the case. While the case was given un due publicity just to portray it in the wrong sense, completely ignoring it by "fame is enough" and "other important things to do" remarks is equally wrong if not more.

Fair enough!
Also i will like to again point out, to everyone, it is not always that the Americans or Europeans are biased toward Asians/Muslims/Pakistanis.. As a told, i myself have seen Europeans being interrogated and searched at airports while i have never been asked any extra question passing through all those security checks, carrying a Pakistani passport in my hand. So it is not a case of hatred or biased toward a certain community, we need to understand that.
Equal stress on the fact that this particular is properly followed and justice is done. I hope what you, Syed ali Haider is saying will be true and that will end the case. While the case was given un due publicity just to portray it in the wrong sense, completely ignoring it by "fame is enough" and "other important things to do" remarks is equally wrong if not more.

The case is important no doubt, if only to reiterate the importance of equality before the law and entitlement to due process. Everybody must have these rights in a civilized society if it is to endure.

LIKE?
Arresting kids with clocks in there bags? :lol:
What is wrong is wrong,, no matter who does it!!!

to keep everyone safe in such times where not even major cities like paris are safe from muslim attacks.

A) he might get an apology because of wrongful arrest and handcuffing a minor (read might)
B) How do you quantify the $15 million compensation? What for lol!

A) he might get an apology because of wrongful arrest and handcuffing a minor (read might)
B) How do you quantify the $15 million compensation? What for lol!

Sir, the police had enough probable cause to arrest him, it was not wrongful. He has a difficult case to prove that his rights were violated.

Sir, the police had enough probable cause to arrest him, it was not wrongful. He has a difficult case to prove that his rights were violated.

If police formally arrest the child, place him in handcuffs, lock him in the back of a police car, or place him in a holding cell at a police station, it can easily be said that the child is, in fact, in custody and not free to leave. - US Criminal Lawyer's exact words.

Note words: "In custody, not the same ting as "under arrest".

Edit: Added para for Improper Questioning of suspect:

If the police arrest or detain a child and refuse the child’s request to call his parents or another adult, or to talk to an attorney, there can be more consequences than the child’s statements being kept out in court. The parents could file a complaint with the police department or local government against the officers or department involved. If the situation was particularly serious and the child was physically abused or deprived of food, water, or rest while being interrogated by police, the parents could file a lawsuit on behalf of the child for violation of the child’s civil rights.

If police formally arrest the child, place him in handcuffs, lock him in the back of a police car, or place him in a holding cell at a police station, it can easily be said that the child is, in fact, in custody and not free to leave. - US Criminal Lawyer's exact words.

Note words: "In custody, not the same ting as "under arrest".

As I said Sir, he will have a difficult case to prove that his rights were violated by the school district or the police. But it is his right to seek redress if he can prove his case.

he got his 15 minutes of fame or shame. plus all kinds of free stuff.

he wants more?
They insulted and assaulted a child on basis of this religion and ethnicity and put his and family's lives on risk. Surely he deserves much more than this. I wish him best of luck and down with the bigots and Islamophobes.

As I said Sir, he will have a difficult case to prove that his rights were violated by the school district or the police. But it is his right to seek redress if he can prove his case.

Ditto, I am in full agreement with you. Personally I have nothing against the boy but the father is a known "political" activist of sorts and could be exploiting his son.

to keep everyone safe in such times where not even major cities like paris are safe from muslim attacks.
And they are trying to do so by apprehending anyone with a clock? :O
You don't really get the point here.

Ditto, I am in full agreement with you. Personally I have nothing against the boy but the father is a known "political" activist of sorts and could be exploiting his son.
Exactly, so there should be a case against him and if he is proven guilty of even spreading this stupid conspiracy then he should be held accountable.

And they are trying to do so by apprehending anyone with a clock? :O
You don't really get the point here.

Anyone with anything suspicious enough.

Seriously, imagine taking the same thing openly to your school/college in Pakistan...and now imagine that thing beeping in the middle of an ongoing class. Now imagine just being in that class where someone brings something shaped like a bomb and all of a sudden it starts beeping like maybe a bomb(from wat most people understand about bombs through movies/games).

Stereo types exist for a reason. If you're black or muslim in the west, YOU ARE MORE LIKELY to do something stupid.

What happened to that kid was just standard procedure. You have a clear bias in you. Anything that sounds even remotely anti-muslim, you're going to go nuts over it without first checking the facts. You don't like something, just go ballistic, SOP for highly emotional Pakistani masses.

I get scanned at airports too (used to get scanned at uni/college everyday), and sometimes it's just me (airports etc), one single guy who gets singled out and they make me open up my baggage. I don't go crazy over that. Because I know they're not specifically targeting me, they're just making sure nothing blows up. I'd get much much worse treatment in my very own country if I were to do what that kid did up to the point where I might even get shot and even killed. And on top of that, I'm pretty sure MANY Pakistanis would say that it was perfectly fair and that that idiot had it coming doing something that stupid (carrying around something that looks like a bomb).

And I forgot to mention the most important thing : WHY DID HE NOT SUE EARLIER !!!!!!?????

Last edited:
Anyone with anything suspicious enough.

Seriously, imagine taking the same thing openly to your school/college in Pakistan...and now imagine that thing beeping in the middle of an ongoing class. Now imagine just being in that class where someone brings something shaped like a bomb and all of a sudden it starts beeping like maybe a bomb(from wat most people understand about bombs through movies/games).
Don't compare it my school or any Pakistani school for that matter, i myself was responsible for placing a firecracker in one of my class fellows pocket in class room so there goes that. A beeping clock, at WORST will result in the teacher saying a line or two that is enough to scare the hell out of kids, we do not have our security agencies rush on such incident and nor does it makes sense.
Still, if is is necessary, justifying the harassment do not make any sense at all. As i said, if the father you people are pointing out is the guilty party he shouldbe dealt with in this case.

Stereo types exist for a reason. If you're black or muslim in the west, YOU ARE MORE LIKELY to do something stupid.
That is you personal stance right? I hope the Americam way do not preach this as well. The claims are totally otherwise.

What happened to that kid was just standard procedure. You have a clear bias in you. Anything that sounds even remotely anti-muslim, you're going to go nuts over it without first checking the facts. You don't like something, just go ballistic, SOP for highly emotional Pakistani masses.
Lolz,, chill out man, in case you have not read my posts here on other threads, let me point out that i have been repeatedly saying that if the father is responsible he must be punished, also have been saying again and again that my objection is to stupid dumb *** statements like "he have got 10 minutes of fame due to the harassment so he should be HAPPY about it" or that "the agencies have IMPORTANT things to do rather protecting its people and listening and settling there concerns" Thirdly, i don't know if he is Pakistani, you people were mention his dad is some political stunt man in some other country so i do not think he is Pakistan to begin with.
BEFORE starting a argument and getting personal it is wise to at least get your information corrected and facts straight. I just hope that these above comments do not reflect upon the SOP of free American citizens!

I get scanned at airports too (used to get scanned at uni/college everyday), and sometimes it's just me (airports etc), one single guy who gets singled out and they make me open up my baggage. I don't go crazy over that. Because I know they're not specifically targeting me, they're just making sure nothing blows up. I'd get much much worse treatment in my very own country if I were to do what that kid did up to the point where I might even get shot and even killed. And on top of that, I'm pretty sure MANY Pakistanis would say that it was perfectly fair and that that idiot had it coming doing something that stupid (carrying around something that looks like a bomb).
May be that will help as it seem you are just arguing for the sake of argument and not even reading what other have to say. This is exactly what i have been saying (mentioned in three posts) and you still feel it is me going bonkers over the issue. Need to check your attitude toward the whole issue and debate sir.
Fair enough!

Don't compare it my school or any Pakistani school for that matter, i myself was responsible for placing a firecracker in one of my class fellows pocket in class room so there goes that. A beeping clock, at WORST will result in the teacher saying a line or two that is enough to scare the hell out of kids, we do not have our security agencies rush on such incident and nor does it makes sense.

That's anecdotal evidence. :P

Still, if is is necessary, justifying the harassment do not make any sense at all. As i said, if the father you people are pointing out is the guilty party he shouldbe dealt with in this case.

There was no harassment.

His father did nothing illegal. The kid did nothing illegal. The state has nothing to deal with. What the kid went through was not punishment, it was just pre-caution. A kid brought something that looked suspicious, authorities were called in to investigate, nothing was found, so they let him go. The kid was not harmed/hurt unnecessarily.

That is you personal stance right? I hope the Americam way do not preach this as well. The claims are totally otherwise.

It's based on science. Stereotypes exist for a reason. Some are created through propaganda, others are from genuine statistically backed phenomenon.

Lolz,, chill out man, in case you have not read my posts here on other threads, let me point out that i have been repeatedly saying that if the father is responsible he must be punished, also have been saying again and again that my objection is to stupid dumb *** statements like "he have got 10 minutes of fame due to the harassment so he should be HAPPY about it" or that "the agencies have IMPORTANT things to do rather protecting its people and listening and settling there concerns" Thirdly, i don't know if he is Pakistani, you people were mention his dad is some political stunt man in some other country so i do not think he is Pakistan to begin with.

Punished for what ? He did nothing illegal. There was no intent to harm anyone/anything. And the kid was not harassed. Just investigated, since the authorities don't have a magic crystal ball that tells them who intends to harm others and who's just messing around with a "clock" that looks like a bomb.

And once again, why did they not send a legal letter to the authorities and threaten to sue them any earlier (Right the next day the incident happened) ? Only after many many months did they figure out that they should try to take legal action to get justice ? What were they doing earlier ? Touring the entire country based on a fake/engineered incident.

Back
Top Bottom