What's new

Ahmadis in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Enlighten us about what the Thread is about !

It says Qadiyanis in Pakistan which includes everything .
The "in Pakistan" bit is deliberate, for we never discuss the pros and cons of any religion, the nature of any religion, the way to practice any religion. We're discussing Ahmedis as a people of Pakistan and their rights (or lack of) as people of Pakistan.

They should call themselves whatever they wish - they consider themselves Muslims - others do not have the right to force their beliefs on them and place restrictions on their speech.
I would've initially pointed out that on Al Islam website, Black Blood posted, Ahmedis describe themselves as Ahmediyya Muslim in each and every sentence, never just Muslims.

However even that can't be ethically enforced upon them, its good they are doing this on their own. Enforcing that would mean, from tomorrow I should by law call myself as Sunni Muslim not muslim or Shia Muslim, or Bori Muslim, the list is endless.

Religion should never be enforced.

I am not advocating that people should force their believes on others.

No body should feel ashamed of their beliefs. If their prophet was Mirza Ghulam Ahmed then they should be called as such but not as Muslims.
According to the Al Islam page, their assertion is that GAM was the second coming of Hazarat Isa (AS), I've also heard of them calling him Imam Mahdi.

Not a second prophet, but the thing about freedom of professing a religion is that even if they did have that belief, it should still be allowed.

Lot's of Quranic Ayahs being quoted in this thread, something to ponder upon:

Lakum deenukum waliya deen

To you be your religion, and to me my religion

109:05

@ EmO

If GOP or the mullah bogeyman wants to target the community there couldn’t be no Rabwah in Pakistan.

@ gutto786

Both of those were Mujaddideen—regenerators /reformers but they never claimed prophet hood.

What happened in Lahore is unrelated to issues such as Ahmedi discrimination in Pakistan. Government has failed in protecting its citizens, Muslims or non Muslims alike. So what’s this fuzz is all about? Yes there is a law that Ahmadis’ cannot declare themselves as Muslims. We can discuss if the law is wrong or right. But then again not many people know that they (AMC/LAM) were given their chance to bring forward any argumentation to support their claim during the parliamentary sessions in Pakistan in 1974. Mirza Nasir(Khalifatul Masih III) came across so badly that Justice Yayhya Bakhtiar latter said:

“The entire Assembly proceedings [of 1974] were held in secret, in order to avoid provocation of the masses.”

The transcript of the proceedings at the parliament was never published by GOP considering the sensitivity of the issue. However Molvi Allah Wasaya wrote a book on this, which has details account of what had happened during the proceedings. Everyone should read it before commenting upon their status in constitution. Why didn’t anyone from Ahmadiyya Community challenged Ordinance XX in SC?

Last edited:
Hate and horror in Lahore

A DAY after the slaughter of nearly 100 Ahmadis in Lahore last week, Britain’s Channel 4 aired a programme on Iraq in its ‘Unreported World’ series.

The narrator described the plight of the Christians and other minorities in the north who were being regularly targeted by Sunni militias.

One ancient community that had been living there for the last 4,000 years was being especially persecuted. Out of the million Christians who lived in Iraq as equal citizens before the war began, half have now fled the country.

If such a concerted pogrom had been launched against Muslims anywhere in the world by non-Muslims, we would have been up in arms. Russia’s brutal treatment of Muslim Chechens and the Serbian ethnic cleansing of Muslim Bosnians have been widely condemned. So how is Pakistan’s treatment of its minorities any different?

I was sent a video clip of the reaction of a senior Ahmadi cleric to the Lahore massacre in which he was asked what his demand to the government was in the wake of the terrorist attacks. He replied: “We demand nothing and expect nothing but what is our due as citizens of Pakistan.” I was deeply moved by the stark simplicity of his answer.

That Ahmadis are at risk in the Islamic Republic is hardly a secret: they have been attacked, killed and harassed without any protection from the state for years. Surely the Punjab government should have posted policemen to protect their houses of prayer especially on Friday.

However, this is expecting too much from a government that did not take down hoardings on the streets of Lahore bearing the message “Friends of Ahmadis are enemies of Islam”. When its law minister Rana Sanaullah consorts openly with leaders of banned terrorist organisations, and its chief minister pleads with jihadi groups not to attack targets in Punjab — implying they are free to murder people in other provinces — little good can be expected of such a government.

Currently, instead of providing security for his beleaguered people, Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif is engaging in a war of words over the fact that a large number of extremist terrorists are now active in Punjab. He objects to the term ‘Punjabi Taliban’ as though their ethnic origin is of any concern to the victims: the fact that they are terrorists who are killing mostly fellow Muslims in the name of Islam seems to mean little to him.

For several years now, the presence and proliferation of militant groups in southern Punjab has been common knowledge. The emergence of Ajmal Kasab, the terrorist found guilty of his role in the attacks on Mumbai in 2008, from the same area is not without significance.

Two days after the Lahore massacre, a man in Narowal entered a house, stabbed an Ahmadi to death and wounded another, shouting that he would kill every Ahmadi he could find before he escaped. The fact is that the police do not bother to investigate crimes against Ahmadis seriously, and to my knowledge, hardly anyone has been prosecuted for attacks against any minority community.

This callous attitude in officialdom can be expected in a country where popular TV anchors openly profess their anti-Ahmadi bias. One of them was allegedly caught on tape urging a terrorist to ‘interrogate’ a hostage because he was supposed to be ‘an agent of the Ahmadis’, although the newsman in question later denied it. The prisoner was found executed a few days later. Another famous anchor on a religious talk show encouraged a guest to declare Ahmadis ‘wajib-ul-qatal’, or deserving of murder. A few days later, two Ahmadis were duly killed. No action or public outcry followed either event.

At the heart of this indifference to the fate of our fellow citizens is a deeply rooted intolerance. Somehow, the fact that they follow beliefs other than the majority faith makes them unworthy of full and equal citizenship. Many mullahs fulminate regularly and openly against Ahmadis from the pulpit after Friday prayers. Many have called for their expulsion from the country. One has even demanded that they be given the choice between conversion or death.

And yet these very people hold forth incessantly about the injustice Muslims supposedly face in non-Muslim countries, denouncing perceived Islamophobia in the West. Were Muslims to face even a small fraction of the prejudice in non-Muslim countries that Pakistani minorities do every day of their lives, I cannot begin to imagine the hysteria on our streets, our mosques and — most of all — our TV channels.

So why is our sympathy and our humanity reserved only for those who follow the same beliefs we do? Surely there is no contradiction between faith and compassion for all people everywhere? I can understand an ignorant young jihadi, brainwashed by cynical, cruel clerics and terrorists into turning himself into a human bomb, and blowing up whoever they designate as a target. But how to explain the hard-hearted attitude of millions of Muslims who form the majority in Pakistan, many of them educated and sensible in other matters?

Contributing to a New York Times blog, Samra Habib writes after the Lahore massacre: “In 1991, I left Pakistan with my family and moved to Canada. We feared attacks by Muslim extremists and packed our bags in the middle of the night and managed to leave. Hiding our religion from non-Ahmadis had become part of our daily lives….

“I’ve spent most of my life here in Toronto and have become accustomed to being accepted by my friends and peers and sharing my thoughts and beliefs without fear of repercussion. I often forget that years ago, things were different for me and I, too, feared identifying myself as an Ahmadi. People I love in Pakistan still don’t have the luxury to celebrate their religious differences or even publicly greet friends in a traditional Arabic greeting….”

In the West, religious differences are accepted in a way that few Muslims are capable of doing. For us, faith is the defining element in our identity. Over the years, I have met many fine people who happened to be Ahmadis. Many of them have become friends, and I value these friendships. I suppose this makes me ‘an enemy of Islam’ in the eyes of those whose hoardings were not taken down by the Punjab government.

DAWN.COM | Columnists | Hate and horror in Lahore

Wahabis, Sunnis, Shias, Ismailis, Bohras, etc dont have additional prophet.

What are your views about Riaz Ahmad Gohar Shahi? He had also claimed Mehdi some years back. For Ahmedis, he could be genuine person to follow.

Anybody who comes with the signs! not just anybody..........If ahmadis were doing it just by the way or due to some worldly gains.....they wouldnt have gone through continous persecutions and still stay peaceful......these are things to pounder upon only if somebody is unbaised!!

Agreed. Here is a source from the Holy Quran, Im searching for more, as I am not a scholar in Islam :) so bear it with me until then.

Muhammad is not the father of any male among you, but he is the messenger of God and the seal of the prophets; and God is aware of all things (33:40).
The Arabic word for seal is khatam which by a change of vowel can also be read as khatim, meaning "that which puts the seal". Both words are derivatives of khatama, which means both to end or conclude something or to put a seal in order to indicate such an end or conclusion (see, e.g., Lisan al-'Arab, Qamus, Aqrab al-Muwarid).

*EDIT: last verse of the Qur'an declares:

Today I have completed my religion for you and perfected my favor on you and chosen al-islam as your religion (part of 5:3).

REF: Muhammad: The Last of the Prophets

Thanks for making it so simple for everybody.......Now the question is: in our daily matters when do we use a stamp.... Like an engineer or a lawyer stamps a document to authenticate it and it doesnt necessarily puts an end to the usage of the document........The purpose of seal if to authenticate some document not to close that document for ever. The holy prophet was the last prophet to bring a new teaching and now till the judgement day there will not by any new teaching or any other book then quran.....and Holy prophet(PBUH) completed the islam means that he brought the best and complete(total) teaching for human kind and there is no need for any new teaching but that doesnt end the door for the revivors and prophets rather it authenticate the teaching to make it possible for infinite prophets to come after Prophet Muhammed(PBUH) as the document is now authentic and ready to be used by anyone from Ummah!!

Thanks for making it so simple for everybody.......Now the question is: in our daily matters when do we use a stamp.... Like an engineer or a lawyer stamps a document to authenticate it and it doesnt necessarily puts an end to the usage of the document........The purpose of seal if to authenticate some document not to close that document for ever. The holy prophet was the last prophet to bring a new teaching and now till the judgement day there will not by any new teaching or any other book then quran.....and Holy prophet(PBUH) completed the islam means that he brought the best and complete(total) teaching for human kind and there is no need for any new teaching but that doesnt end the door for the revivors and prophets rather it authenticate the teaching to make it possible for infinite prophets to come after Prophet Muhammed(PBUH) as the document is now authentic and ready to be used by anyone from Ummah!!
Read the ref please I wont bother replying to you since you didnt went to the source first.

*EDIT: PS: The Arabic word for seal is khatam which by a change of vowel can also be read as khatim, meaning "that which puts the seal". Both words are derivatives of khatama, which means both to end or conclude something or to put a seal in order to indicate such an end or conclusion (see, e.g., Lisan al-'Arab, Qamus, Aqrab al-Muwarid).

I am not advocating that people should force their believes on others.

No body should feel ashamed of their beliefs. If their prophet was Mirza Ghulam Ahmed then they should be called as such but not as Muslims.

I don't believe they are ashamed of their beliefs - they consider themselves a sect named after Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (Ahmadiyya sect IIRC) and call themselves Ahmadis (Like others call themselves Sunni, Shia, Wahabbi, Deobandi, Barelvi etc.) while also considering themselves Muslims.

1100804144-1.gif

I am translating this article in English for our beloved Non Urdu members..

A Pakistani citizen going under medical treatment in Gangaram Hospital in Lahore Mr: Abdul Rehman said that he is the Great grandson of Mirza Ghulam ahmed qadiyani and he is the son of 3rd Qadiyani khalipha mirza Nasir.

He was talking in express news program " Point Blank " .

He stated that i read the book " Qadiyaniat and Islam" of Maulana Ahsan elahi Zaheer which provided references from the books written by Mirza .

He said after reading the book i believed that He ( my great grandfather ) is not a promised messiah nor a Prophet so i converted to Islam in 1999.

These days i am working at Bhasha dam and few days back i came to Lahore and on a Bus stop near Gangaram hospital almost 10 to 12 people came to me and asked whether i belonged to " Rabwa" ( Qadiyani town near Jhang district in Chaniot )
When i said yes , they Kidnapped me put me in the van and took me to an unknown place where they Tortured me and assuming dead threw me out of the van at the same place they had kidnapped me.

After knowing the incident Allama Ibtisaam elahi took me to the hospital .

Abdul rehman says that he was severely tortured only because of Turning to Islam and becoming a Muslim and they are pressing me to become a Qadiyani again!

Regards:

Don't be a fool - there are far more instances of Muslims belonging to mainstream Islam committing atrocities upon minorities in Pakistan - you really don't want to open that can of worms.

Hate and horror in Lahore

A DAY after the slaughter of nearly 100 Ahmadis in Lahore last week, Britain’s Channel 4 aired a programme on Iraq in its ‘Unreported World’ series.

The narrator described the plight of the Christians and other minorities in the north who were being regularly targeted by Sunni militias.
One ancient community that had been living there for the last 4,000 years was being especially persecuted. Out of the million Christians who lived in Iraq as equal citizens before the war began, half have now fled the country.

If such a concerted pogrom had been launched against Muslims anywhere in the world by non-Muslims, we would have been up in arms. Russia’s brutal treatment of Muslim Chechens and the Serbian ethnic cleansing of Muslim Bosnians have been widely condemned. So how is Pakistan’s treatment of its minorities any different?

I was sent a video clip of the reaction of a senior Ahmadi cleric to the Lahore massacre in which he was asked what his demand to the government was in the wake of the terrorist attacks. He replied: “We demand nothing and expect nothing but what is our due as citizens of Pakistan.” I was deeply moved by the stark simplicity of his answer.

That Ahmadis are at risk in the Islamic Republic is hardly a secret: they have been attacked, killed and harassed without any protection from the state for years. Surely the Punjab government should have posted policemen to protect their houses of prayer especially on Friday.

However, this is expecting too much from a government that did not take down hoardings on the streets of Lahore bearing the message “Friends of Ahmadis are enemies of Islam”. When its law minister Rana Sanaullah consorts openly with leaders of banned terrorist organisations, and its chief minister pleads with jihadi groups not to attack targets in Punjab — implying they are free to murder people in other provinces — little good can be expected of such a government.

Currently, instead of providing security for his beleaguered people, Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif is engaging in a war of words over the fact that a large number of extremist terrorists are now active in Punjab. He objects to the term ‘Punjabi Taliban’ as though their ethnic origin is of any concern to the victims: the fact that they are terrorists who are killing mostly fellow Muslims in the name of Islam seems to mean little to him.

For several years now, the presence and proliferation of militant groups in southern Punjab has been common knowledge. The emergence of Ajmal Kasab, the terrorist found guilty of his role in the attacks on Mumbai in 2008, from the same area is not without significance.

Two days after the Lahore massacre, a man in Narowal entered a house, stabbed an Ahmadi to death and wounded another, shouting that he would kill every Ahmadi he could find before he escaped. The fact is that the police do not bother to investigate crimes against Ahmadis seriously, and to my knowledge, hardly anyone has been prosecuted for attacks against any minority community.

This callous attitude in officialdom can be expected in a country where popular TV anchors openly profess their anti-Ahmadi bias. One of them was allegedly caught on tape urging a terrorist to ‘interrogate’ a hostage because he was supposed to be ‘an agent of the Ahmadis’, although the newsman in question later denied it. The prisoner was found executed a few days later. Another famous anchor on a religious talk show encouraged a guest to declare Ahmadis ‘wajib-ul-qatal’, or deserving of murder. A few days later, two Ahmadis were duly killed. No action or public outcry followed either event.

At the heart of this indifference to the fate of our fellow citizens is a deeply rooted intolerance. Somehow, the fact that they follow beliefs other than the majority faith makes them unworthy of full and equal citizenship. Many mullahs fulminate regularly and openly against Ahmadis from the pulpit after Friday prayers. Many have called for their expulsion from the country. One has even demanded that they be given the choice between conversion or death.

And yet these very people hold forth incessantly about the injustice Muslims supposedly face in non-Muslim countries, denouncing perceived Islamophobia in the West. Were Muslims to face even a small fraction of the prejudice in non-Muslim countries that Pakistani minorities do every day of their lives, I cannot begin to imagine the hysteria on our streets, our mosques and — most of all — our TV channels.

So why is our sympathy and our humanity reserved only for those who follow the same beliefs we do? Surely there is no contradiction between faith and compassion for all people everywhere? I can understand an ignorant young jihadi, brainwashed by cynical, cruel clerics and terrorists into turning himself into a human bomb, and blowing up whoever they designate as a target. But how to explain the hard-hearted attitude of millions of Muslims who form the majority in Pakistan, many of them educated and sensible in other matters?

Contributing to a New York Times blog, Samra Habib writes after the Lahore massacre: “In 1991, I left Pakistan with my family and moved to Canada. We feared attacks by Muslim extremists and packed our bags in the middle of the night and managed to leave. Hiding our religion from non-Ahmadis had become part of our daily lives….

“I’ve spent most of my life here in Toronto and have become accustomed to being accepted by my friends and peers and sharing my thoughts and beliefs without fear of repercussion. I often forget that years ago, things were different for me and I, too, feared identifying myself as an Ahmadi. People I love in Pakistan still don’t have the luxury to celebrate their religious differences or even publicly greet friends in a traditional Arabic greeting….”

In the West, religious differences are accepted in a way that few Muslims are capable of doing. For us, faith is the defining element in our identity. Over the years, I have met many fine people who happened to be Ahmadis. Many of them have become friends, and I value these friendships. I suppose this makes me ‘an enemy of Islam’ in the eyes of those whose hoardings were not taken down by the Punjab government.

DAWN.COM | Columnists | Hate and horror in Lahore

Well TTP Punjabi Wing attacked Ahmedi's worship place just like they are attacking mosques, hotels, army intallations, crowded places and they are killing innocent Muslims as well as other minority religions.

Its not that it was TTP's first attack on Pakistani soil.
It is not that the TTP only attacks minorities.
Its not that TTP is target killing only this sect.

According to data released by Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), from 9/11 till now, 30,452 people have been killed or injured. These include 21,672 civilians and 8,785 military personnel

‘Global war on terror claims 30,000 Pakistani casualties' | ummid.com

These are Pakistanis casualities which also includes minorities.
What a big fuss if 100 or so Ahmediyas were killed by TTP.
What percent Ahmediyas make of total casualities?
Do the math your self.

The above article is rubbish, non sense.
Comparing the state of Ahmadiyas with Chechniya, Bosnia is hypocracy.

Both of the above cases are that where a military of a country declared war and openly killed innocent Muslims and commited crimes include genocide, masss murder etc etc.

If they want to compare Chechniya and Bosnia compare it with Palestinians and blame Israel for its crimes not Pakistan.

The Pakistani Law has no where said that we should kill Ahmadiyas or any non-muslim for that matter.

Get it thorugh your thick skull emo ...My religion Islam does not allow the killings of innocent Human Beings .. Note: It is said Human Beings.

About instances of killing ahmadiyas by some people, fact this, they are some ppl, few of them, say 100 of them.. Dont label the wrong doings of some ppl to the whole Pakistan.

If by what the article said we hate ahmadiyas so much.. i wonder why not every Pakistani go out and kill every ahmadi in Pakistan.
Why not burry them in Mass Graves, why not kick them out of Pakistan, why not give medals to the ones who have killed an ahmadiya, why not call them national hero.

What ever the west say the fact remains discrimination b/w Non-Muslims and Muslims is Haram in Islam and Ahmediyas are not Muslims.

If some people in Pakistan are doing that its wrong. These people with extreme views are called Terrorists, they are the ones which are violent and dont tolerant other faiths.

P.S
before i hear the word bigots and pseudo agian.. Let me clear i dont support TTP.
I condemn the attacks on Innocent people in general.

I don't believe they are ashamed of their beliefs - they consider themselves a sect named after Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (Ahmadiyya sect IIRC) and call themselves Ahmadis (Like others call themselves Sunni, Shia, Wahabbi, Deobandi, Barelvi etc.) while also considering themselves Muslims.

Unlike Ahmadiyas,
Sunni, Shia, Wahabbi, Deobandi, Barelvi etc believe in the finality of our Prophet Muhammad S.A.W

Unlike Ahmadiyas,
They do not believe in any other prophet.

This is the difference that makes them non-muslims.

I am not saying it.. Quran Said it, Hadiths Said this.

I think the base line here is that Ahmadi's are not considered a sect of Islam but a different religion altogether.

this debate is going no where , this thread on forum represents very much the situation we have in our country. Pakistan is hijacked on the name of religion , we need to stop this and stop confusing religion with country. GOP must come up with amendment to religious law so that this sort of discrimation can be tackled with law enforcement , There has to be an end to this rubbish religious discrimination. What one beleives is his or hers private matter.

Blakened by NFP

Kudos to television journalist, Talat Hussain, for surviving the audacious Israeli attack on the Freedom Flotilla, and returning home to tell the tale.

Now, if only our brave media personalities could exhibit exactly the same kind of commitment and guts in condemning all the gore and tragedies that take place in the name of faith in our own country …

That would be asking for a bit too much, wouldn’t it? After all, they know that if they were to do so, not only would they suffer labels of being ‘liberal extremists,’ or ‘western/Indian/Zionist agents,’ but no prominent government functionary would dare or bother receive them as heroes either.

The way certain frontline members of the present government received Talat (as if he had just returned after liberating Palestine from the clutches of the aggressive Zionist state), the question arose (at least in some cynical minds), where exactly were the same ministers and elected politicians (from both the PPP and PML-N), when the Ahmadi community was picking up the bodies and limbs of their dead ones slaughtered by extremists on the May 28?

Not a single leading member of the ruling cabinet and the opposition (except Interior Minister Rehman Malik) bothered to visit some of the injured Ahmadi men, women and children at a hospital in Lahore.

But interestingly, prominent ruling functionaries and their counterparts in the opposition were ready with rose garlands and flying accolades for the returning three Pakistanis (yes, that many) from the tribulations on the Turkish ship.

Late Benazir Bhutto in her book ‘Islam and Reconciliation’ insists that democracy and democrats are the nation’s best defence against extremist thought and organizations. This makes sense – but in theory only.

Because never mind the obnoxious reactionary claptrap that is gleefully spouted by the lunatic fringe present in shape of religious parties, certain TV personalities and ‘security analysts,’ have our (more sober) elected representatives sounded any better?

Subdued lip service and worn out statements of condemnation were all that the country’s prime minister and the chief minister of Punjab had to offer to the loved ones of those mutilated by the extremists. But what else could they have said?

They are all products of a constitution penned by elected parliamentarians (in 1973); a constitution a part of which actually gives vent to the views and demands of Sunni Islamic parties known for their unabashed hatred for ‘heretics’ and minorities.

So what can one expect even from elected parliamentarians whenever the country is faced by a situation in which groups of self-righteous majority Muslim sects pounce upon every opportunity to practice their hateful fantasies of religious cleansing and the genocide of ‘heretics.’ Does not certain section of the glorious 1973 constitution give them this divine right?

No wonder the prime minister seemed more concerned about a single TV journalist, and as usual the leaders of the main opposition party, the PML-N, are still struggling to condemn the terrorists by name.

Punjab CM, Shahbaz Sharif, called them ‘criminals.’ In Sindh and Karachi, dear sir, we call gangsters in the slums of Lyari and dacoits in the forests of Dadu and Moro, criminals. But those who explode themselves in market places and worship grounds and hurl grenades at unarmed civilians in the name of Allah and Islam; we call them Islamic extremists – or more clearly, the Taliban and their sectarian foot soldiers in the shape of the supposedly defunct Sipah Sahaba, Lashkar-e-Taiba, Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, etc.

Shahbaz remained numb and mum even when the Punjab’s chapter of the Thereek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) – also called the ‘Punjabi Taliban’ – proudly owned the gruesome attack on the Ahmadi’s places of worship.

What’s more, when Rehman Malik suggested that there should be an armed operation against the ‘Punjabi Taliban,’ the Punjab CM erupted with anger, accusing Malik of ‘creating division between provinces and ethnicities.’

Ah, if only Mian Shahbaz Sharif is willing to show similar anger and concern about armed religious extremists running wild. Easy to bad mouth the Ppresident and his interior minister, but not so much the monsters that spill innocent blood?

Muhammad Ali Jinnah’s vision and wish of a tolerant, modern and democratic Muslim Pakistan today is not only being held hostage by the extremists and the legacy of a long reactionary dictatorship of General Ziaul Haq, many democrats too are being held captive by their own religious biases and a clearly flawed and lopsided constitution.

Recently, only a handful of PPP, ANP and MQM’s women legislators in the national assembly were willing to openly condemn the killing of the Ahmadis. It was after the initiative taken by these brave women that some of their male colleagues decided to join in.

But Pakistan’s military dictators, religious parties and parliamentarians aren’t an exception. More than ever they are becoming a stark reflection and echo of many Pakistani Muslims, most of whom too were left scratching their heads when confronted by the tragic sight of scores of Ahmadi men, women and children being slaughtered by the extremists.

Of course the ‘liberal extremists’ were first to register their outrage (on the net), but the majority of Pakistani Muslims remained awkwardly quiet. And why not! Their understanding of Islam and Pakistan is riddled with glaring theological misconceptions and historical half-truths. Though they may never sound as obviously rabid as, say, the Nazis of Germany did (in their hatred against anything non-Aryan’), but by their silence and denials in the context of the rising incidents of intolerance, sectarian chauvinism and audacious acts of holy terror, haven’t we become silent but willing agents of the fascist Islamist agenda?

Many Pakistani Muslims, even of the ‘moderate’ stock, do not realize that they too would become instant victims of the extremists if these monsters succeed in imposing their wicked fantasy of a supposed ‘Islamic state.’

This ‘Islamic state’ that the reactionaries – ranging from conventional religious parties such as Jamat-i-Islami and Jamat Ahle Hadith, to terror and extremist outfits like the Taliban and its many sectarian lashkars are advocating – has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with any of the Quran’s central themes like justice, equality and mercy.

Keeping in mind the hatred spouted by some religious parties and the violence imposed by the terror groups is enough to understand that the vision of this so-called holy state that each one of these men and groups want to enforce is about violently eliminating not only non-Muslms and those belonging to non-Sunni Muslim sects in Pakistan, but also those Sunni Muslims considered as ‘moderate.’

Now imagine a state such as this that is also blessed with nuclear weapons.

History teaches that the charisma, appeal and dynamism of any version of fascism are squarely depended on a continuous need for violence, aggression and war. The fascists would first eliminate their obvious opponents, and then turn their guns against perceived enemies of the state and their ideology. These may be minority communities who do not fit into the puritanical worldview of the fascists. Fascists would use them as scapegoats to whip up ‘unity’ among the majority and to explain the state’s economic and political failings. Finally, the guns and bombs would be aimed at the world at large, because according to the fascists, the outside world could not tolerate the ‘progress,’ ‘might’ and ‘piety’ of the fascist republic.

Simply put, any kind of fascism is a recipe for a bloody disaster. Once a fascist ‘Islamic state’ has gotten rid of all non-Muslims, ‘heretics’ and people from minority Islamic sects, it is then bound to lead its people to a kind of war that might mean their complete and final obliteration.

That’s why when extremists and their supporters in Islamic parties and among the many half-literate middle-class sections talk about the ‘supremacy of Islam’ and the need to implement the shariah law, they are actually talking about reaching and implementing a parasitical state of nihilism.

In conclusion I would like to share a queer observation: The Shias constitute the largest ‘minority Muslim sect’ in Pakistan (about 20 to 25 per cent of the population). This community has for many years been at the receiving end of violence and hatred unleashed by a number of militant Sunni sectarian organizations. Hardly has one seen certain frontline Shia organizations such as the Imamia Students Organization (ISO) vehemently protest against such violence. But ironically, ISO is always out in force whenever Arab Muslim organizations such as the Hezbollah and Hamas come under stack from Israeli state aggressors.

Same is the case with a majority of Sunni religious parties and a number of urban middle-class Pakistanis. They are likely to protest and make a loud noise if Muslims come under sigh in Guatemala or Sisley, but would remain tight-lipped and inauspicious when Muslims, non-Muslims and so-called heretics are attacked and murdered by those who claim to be the only true and good Muslims.

Interesting article by NFP , he very well pointed out the hipocracy by our journalists and parliamentarians comunity. WTF!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom