Ahmadinejad sees better Pakistan-Iran relations

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ahmadinejad sees better Pakistan-Iran relations

51b1421c2d1ec.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has felicitated Prime Minister Mian Nawaz Sharif and the people of Pakistan on the successful completion of election process in the country and victory of the PML-N.

In his message of felicitation, President Ahmadinejad expressed confidence that relations between the two brotherly countries would flourish under the leadership of Mr Sharif.

In a separate message of congratulation to the prime minister, Speaker of Iran’s Consultative Assembly Ali Larijani said that transfer of power to the PML-N was indicative of high confidence reposed by the people of Pakistan in the person of Mr Sharif and his party.He hoped for increased parliamentary interaction between the two countries in the days ahead.—APP

Ahmadinejad sees better Pakistan-Iran relations - DAWN.COM

Nawaz Sharif's Personal relationships should not have any relevance here. Nawaz Sharif is Prime Minister of Pakistan and he has to objectively pursue Pakistan's National Interest.

Aren't they giving him the boot soon? so who cares what he thinks?

Nawaz Sharif is a pro Saudi, where does Iran-Pak relations go in that sense?

With Pakistan's commitment to the IP pipeline, the relations will improve regardless of Nawaz' pro-Saudi stance. The Saudis know this, and they know that there is nothing that can be done now about the relations between Iran and Pakistan. All they can do is damage control, which is why the Saudis considering giving Pakistan a $15 billion bailout package in the form of gas and other forms.

Aren't they giving him the boot soon? so who cares what he thinks?

Everyone cares what he thinks, because his policies are expected to be carried on by his successor.

Everyone cares what he thinks, because his policies are expected to be carried on by his successor.

Not really. Khamenei's policies sure, but not Ahmadinejad's. Ahmadinejad and Khamenei have had a falling out.

Probably friendly on the outside, while not really co-operating or trading a lot.

Pakistan in my opinion should stay away from Irani and Arab intentions & plans...
With it comes blackmailing

Not really. Khamenei's policies sure, but not Ahmadinejad's. Ahmadinejad and Khamenei have had a falling out.

Probably friendly on the outside, while not really co-operating or trading a lot.

I heard the guy who is supposed to run in ahmadinejads place is like his apprentice or something no?

Oh yeah well I don't follow your politics so I did not know. :D

So whose the front runner and where does he stand?

It's a bit up in the air right now. I would say the main 2 guys are probably Ghalibaf and Jalili.

Jalili is very religious and right wing. I can't see how he will improve Iran's economy/situation, in fact he will probably make it a lot worse.

Ghalibaf is quite religious also, but has a good business mind. He has been a good mayor of Tehran.

Then you have the 2 somewhat moderates, Aref and Rowhani. Probably one of them will drop out of the race so that the moderate vote doesn't get split.

Apart from that the rest of the candidates are all religious and right wing as well.

It's a bit up in the air right now. I would say the main 2 guys are probably Ghalibaf and Jalili.

Jalili is very religious and right wing. I can't see how he will improve Iran's economy/situation, in fact he will probably make it a lot worse.

Ghalibaf is quite religious also, but has a good business mind. He has been a good mayor of Tehran.

Then you have the 2 somewhat moderates, Aref and Rowhani. Probably one of them will drop out of the race so that the moderate vote doesn't get split.

Apart from that the rest of the candidates are all religious and right wing as well.

So are you hoping for Ghalibaf? Also are all of these in good graces of Khameini?

He will have to because maintaining friendly relationship with both countries is necessary for Pakistan's role in Afghanistan. As soon as the NATO leaves,It is inevitable that AF would return to its previous state i.e. Norther Alliance Dominated Karazai Govt vs Taliban. So having Iran on the same page is necessary for enjoying a soft corner of Pakistan in Northern Alliance. Meanwhile KSA and religious policial parties' support is necessary for enjoying a soft corner in Taliban and of course Al Quaida. Thus if Pakistan is able to maintain good relationships with both Iran and KSA. That means more leverage in AF to broker a peace deal between Hamid Karzai led government and Taliban. What I am surprised at is to see that NS has not mentioned UAE anywhere! This sparks some suspicions as if something is not right between Pakistan and UAE

So are you hoping for Ghalibaf? Also are all of these in good graces of Khameini?

I would guess they are all in his good graces, but I am sure he favours some more then others. I think Jalili and Velayati are 2 of his favourites for sure.

I like Ghalibaf or either of the 2 moderates Rowhani or Aref.

Back
Top Bottom