What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully India lobbies will pressure USA to cancel AH-1Z Vipers deal with Pakistan, we don't need just few 15 peanuts.

:D

The Zulu is a very different class of machine in terms of sophisticaton from the Z-10. The Zulu carries just as much payload as the Apache and unlike the Apache can carry the Aim-9 missile for longer ranged air to air engagement. In other words, if an Apache and A Zulu Cobra were to go head to head.. the Zulu Cobra would kill the Apache before it even got close enough to pose a threat. In addition, that Aim-9 capabiliy also gives the Zulu Cobra a better capability in engaging aircraft attacking it.

The Hellfires Rs are the real surprise to me
Any chance of aim 9x with zulus ?

The Zulu is a very different class of machine in terms of sophisticaton from the Z-10. The Zulu carries just as much payload as the Apache and unlike the Apache can carry the Aim-9 missile for longer ranged air to air engagement. In other words, if an Apache and A Zulu Cobra were to go head to head.. the Zulu Cobra would kill the Apache before it even got close enough to pose a threat. In addition, that Aim-9 capabiliy also gives the Zulu Cobra a better capability in engaging aircraft attacking it.

Pls dont fuel oil to the fire:P

Can these Aim-9 (short range) be replaced by some sort of BWR missile.

A 1000 hellfires II is no joke -- these are one of the primary weapons of even apache

Great news we are moving along ....

Apache originally started as the Model 77 developed by Hughes Helicopters for the United States Army's Advanced Attack Helicopter program to replace the AH-1 Cobra.

@gambit can throw more Light

that Aim-9 capabiliy also gives the Zulu Cobra a better capability in engaging aircraft attacking it.
Starting in the 1980s, the Stinger and AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles and the AGM-122 Sidearm anti-radiation missile were evaluated for use upon the AH-64.The Stinger was initially selected; the U.S. Army was also considering the Starstreak air-to-air missile

As an active operator country of AH-1W Cobras, Turkish Army demands an attack helicopter which is going to be comparable with W+ copter and It is T129 Atak borned based on Mangusta. Before went to T129 Atak development, It was AH-1Z King Cobra choosed to order 145 but Cause of USA difficult policies not to give permission to integrate Turkish mission computer and weapon systems, The tender cancelled. AH-1Z is a great machine without any doubt. If Turkish Army satisfied the capabilities of W Cobra, Z will be more than enough to be used all type of war environments.
Indeed. But AH-1W still remain the primary combat chopper for Turkey right? Are there any plans on a version of T-129 with a larger takeoff weight?
if an Apache and A Zulu Cobra were to go head to head..
This is what armchair generals don't understand, Attack Choppers rarely go up against enemy Attack Choppers, almost never. If anything, their effectiveness should be measured by how good they are at maneuvering and taking out tanks from distance.
Can these Aim-9 (short range) be replaced by some sort of BWR missile.
You can only replace them with a BVR missile if you were to fit a Fighter planes radar in the Cobra. Maybe they can use AWACs for target acquisition, but i have never heard of it even at experimental level.

A lot of them would be used up in hunting talibunnies.....
perhaps might be used on high value targets / greater casualty targets -- killing a couple of talibs on one hellfire is very costly

You think congress will create any trouble?

@gambit @SvenSvensonov

I am too much confused now... Mi35, Mi-28, WZ-10, T-129 And AH-1z Viper. Which one is best for Pakistan and what we have decided to buy??

well why i am smelling only AH-1Z will be future of Pakistan . best thing here is hellfire missile man nothing can beat it .its battle proven . z-10s are here for test and real war experience only .my two cents

You think congress will create any trouble?

@gambit @SvenSvensonov
no way they will never do anything as past they never stopped us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom