What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is difference b/w Z-10 and T-129 training and operating wise ?

Just as Zulu would be absorbed easily due to AH-1 providing base. Similarly Z-10 is providing base

why there are no sidewinders on the list ?Any one can tell me whether Aim 9X has been tested on these vipers?
It could be that Pakistan has already purchased a large number of these recently.

What is difference b/w Z-10 and T-129 ?
Different manufacturers, different avionics, different weapons, different counter-measures.
Just because they fill the same role, you assumed operating one will help you learn about the other?
If you were to say operating AH-1 will help you operate AH-64, i could believe you.

Different manufacturers, different avionics, different weapons, different counter-measures.
Just because they fill the same role, you assumed operating one will help you learn about the other?
If you were to say operating AH-1 will help you operate AH-64, i could believe you.

Different avionics how. Sensors are similar , HMD, countermeasures, same two person layout. ?

Different weapons doesn't matter. both provide similar operating philosophy which wouldn't be hard to excel.

Compare F-16 pilots converting on to JF-17 scenario without any two seaters.

that's a great news for pakistan .................. Pakistan is busy these days purchasing some good weapons ..

And it's happening so rapidly.. Really good to see.

Let's look at South Korea's decision

Flagbig.GIF

On 21 September 2012, the U.S. Congress was notified of the possible purchase of 36 AH-1Z Vipers by South Korea. The request included 84 engines (72 installed and 12 spares), 288 AGM-114K3 Hellfire missiles, 72 AIM-9M-8 Sidewinder missiles, integrated missiles launchers, targeting systems, and radar jammers.

The order would be worth $2.6 billion. The Viper was competing against the Boeing AH-64 Apache and theTAI/AgustaWestland T-129 for the order; a decision was expected by the end of 2012.

In April 2013, South Korea announced they had selected the AH-64E Apache.

I wonder why they went for Apache. Could It be due to availability at the time? AH-1Z is a great Machine as a alternative to the Apache!

By
DOUG CAMERON
April 6, 2015 6:12 p.m. ET

View attachment 212609

The State Department has approved Pakistan’s request to buy almost $1 billion in U.S.-made attack helicopters, missiles and other equipment aimed at fighting insurgents in the country’s mountainous north and west regions.

U.S. defense companies are engaged in a three-way tussle with Russia and China to sell weapons to Pakistan, complicated by the need to avoid upsetting neighbor India and its even larger arms’ import market.

The Pentagon said Monday that Pakistan had requested 15 AH-1Z Viper helicopters made by the Bell arm of Textron Inc., as well as 1,000 Hellfire missiles produced by Lockheed Martin Corp. and a host of other communications and training equipment with a total value of $952 million, according to a notification to Congress, which needs to approve any sale.

Any deal would be structured as a foreign military sale between the two governments.

“This proposed sale of helicopters and weapon systems will provide Pakistan with military capabilities in support of its counterterrorism and counterinsurgency operations in South Asia,” said the Defense Security Cooperation Agency, which oversees U.S. military exports.

Write to Doug Cameron at doug.cameron@wsj.com

State Dept. Approves Pakistan Arms Request - WSJ

When we need it most they didn't give us and now we don't required them and they are selling us. We don't need these and yes for Hellfire missiles

Operating Aeroplanes is not the same as operating cars.

Even if the Aeroplane has the same weight and capability but is manufactured by two different companies its flying characteristics would be very different. Its maintenance and logistics and the technical aspects would require it to be a separate entity in the organisation.

As an active operator country of AH-1W Cobras, Turkish Army demands an attack helicopter which is going to be comparable with W+ copter and It is T129 Atak borned based on Mangusta. Before went to T129 Atak development, It was AH-1Z King Cobra choosed to order 145 but Cause of USA difficult policies not to give permission to integrate Turkish mission computer and weapon systems, The tender cancelled. AH-1Z is a great machine without any doubt. If Turkish Army satisfied the capabilities of W Cobra, Z will be more than enough to be used all type of war environments.

What is difference b/w Z-10 and T-129 training and operating wise ?

Just as Zulu would be absorbed easily due to AH-1 providing base. Similarly Z-10 is providing base

Z-10 and T-129 both, won't be procured together......only one of them.

As an active operator country of AH-1W Cobras, Turkish Army demands an attack helicopter which is going to be comparable with W+ copter and It is T129 Atak borned based on Mangusta. Before went to T129 Atak development, It was AH-1Z King Cobra choosed to order 145 but Cause of USA difficult policies not to give permission to integrate Turkish mission computer and weapon systems, The tender cancelled. AH-1Z is a great machine without any doubt. If Turkish Army satisfied the capabilities of W Cobra, Z will be more than enough to be used all type of war environments.

Agreed, but since Turkey has it's own full T-129 ATAK program underway, why would it want local systems integration in the AH-1Zs? Just get them as they come.

Well could be the $31mil price tag in wikipedia wrong?
Hi,
possibly, beacuse the price of what ? a unit cost or a complete life cycle cost and then wikipedias own credibility where you can alter the information.
so i wouldn't place my bets on this particular source

Hi,
possibly, beacuse the price of what ? a unit cost or a complete life cycle cost and then wikipedias own credibility where you can alter the information.
so i wouldn't place my bets on this particular source
Well this is what I found From Wiki
Unit cost
US$27 million[1] CUTAWAY: AH-1Z Viper enters production as substantially new aircraft - 12/20/2010 - Flight Global
US$31 million (new built)[2] http://www.finance.hq.navy.mil/FMB/11pres/APN_BA1-4_BOOK.pdf
Though the second link is not opening.

The Zulu is a very different class of machine in terms of sophisticaton from the Z-10. The Zulu carries just as much payload as the Apache and unlike the Apache can carry the Aim-9 missile for longer ranged air to air engagement. In other words, if an Apache and A Zulu Cobra were to go head to head.. the Zulu Cobra would kill the Apache before it even got close enough to pose a threat. In addition, that Aim-9 capabiliy also gives the Zulu Cobra a better capability in engaging aircraft attacking it.

The Hellfires Rs are the real surprise to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom