What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well why i am smelling only AH-1Z will be future of Pakistan . best thing here is hellfire missile man nothing can beat it .its battle proven . z-10s are here for test and real war experience only .my two cents

no way they will never do anything as past they never stopped us

Actually, they are still blocking the transfer of the 5 potential OHP frigates..........because Attack helos can be put to use that USA wants (cleaning up the terrorists).....but not the same with ships, f-16s or P3Cs

Actually, they are still blocking the transfer of the 5 potential OHP frigates..........because Attack helos can be put to use that USA wants (cleaning up the terrorists).....but not the same with ships, f-16s or P3Cs
sir jee i think they will never stopped it as its direct linked to WOT

Does anyone know which helicopter they used at the end of movie Furious 7? Because it looked freeking awsome.

This is good news imo. We should dangle the Chinese and the Russians a little bit to see if USA will sweeten the pot or at least provide written assurance that we won't have any issues with getting the necessary parts afterwards.

I wonder why they went for Apache. Could It be due to availability at the time? AH-1Z is a great Machine as a alternative to the Apache!

Yeah South Korea know better than Pakistan, they have more high experiences and wise intellectual people.

They made right decision. Hence, SK and PK policy are not same levels.

Does anyone know which helicopter they used at the end of movie Furious 7? Because it looked freeking awsome.

I don't know thr name buy it look likes the same Helo that was used in Abbottabad.

Yeah South Korea know better than Pakistan, they have more high experiences and wise intellectual people.

They made right decision. Hence, SK and PK policy are not same levels.

I am certain PA made a excellent decision, Apache was offered in the early day of WoT/Musharraf (I believe they did or I am wrong?) but it was not selected. The AH-1Z has same powerplant, Weapons Package similar defensive countermeasures as Apache yet its Cheaper and it is meant for naval use thus it has few extra cards up it's sleeve. Most Navy equipment is superior to its non Naval versions.

@Oscar @Manticore @Donatello @Imran Khan

The Hellfire Missiles approved are NOT Anti Tank missiles

They are AGM 114 R Hellfire 2
pakistan requested for AGM-114 R hellfire . that is need of time . or you think we should buy missiles which we keep in the storage for possible war with India and ignore the war which we are fighting today ?

The Government of Pakistan has requested a possible sale of 15 AH-1Z Viper Attack Helicopters, 32 T-700 GE 401C Engines (30 installed and 2 spares), 1000 AGM-114 R Hellfire II Missiles in containers, 36 H-1 Technical Refresh Mission computers, 17 AN/AAQ-30 Target Sight Systems, 30 629F-23 Ultra High Frequency/Very High Frequency Communication Systems, 19 H-764 Embedded Global Positioning System/Inertial Navigation Systems, 32 Helmet Mounted Display/Optimized Top Owl, 17 APX-117A Identification Friend or Foe, 17 AN/AAR-47 Missile Warning Systems, 17 AN/ALE-47 Countermeasure Dispenser Sets, 18 AN/APR-39C(V)2 Radar Warning Receivers, 15 Joint Mission Planning Systems, and 17 M197 20mm Gun Systems.

"The latest Hellfire variant is the AGM-114R multi–purpose Hellfire II missile, (aka Hellfire Romeo). According to the U.S. Army, the AGM-114R will replace all other Hellfire II missile configurations (K/N/M/P). The AGM-114R consolidates the capabilities of all previous Hellfire missile variants. It is equipped with semi–active laser (SAL) seekers into a single missile capable of defeating a broad range of targets. The AGM-114R can be launched from multiple air, sea and ground platforms, autonomously or with remote designation. From pre-launch to detonation, the AGM-114R employs a range of technological improvements that boost its effectiveness and utility. The AGM-114R features a three–axis inertial measurement unit, which enables properly equipped launch platforms to engage targets to the side and behind without maneuvering into position. The AGM-114R can be launched from higher altitudes than previous variants due to its enhanced guidance system and improved navigation capabilities. A new multi–purpose warhead enables the missile to defeat hard, soft and enclosed targets, which allows pilots to engage many targets with a single Hellfire loadout. The Army is currently only purchasing this variant. "

AGM-114 Hellfire Missile | Variants, AGM-114R, Budget/Costs, Specs

More information here:
AGM-114 Hellfire II Missile - Army Technology

In short
Hellfire Romeo is a one stop missile for all types of ground targets, anti-armor or anti-talbunnies. US army will only purchase and consolidate this version in their fleet.

I am sure you have enough sense that Hellfire-II is not meant for Taliban In Reality!!!

You can check the specifications of Helfire R 2

AGM-114R Hellfire II
  • Target: Bunkers, light vehicles, urban (soft) targets and caves
  • Range: 8,000 m (8,749 yd)
  • Guidance:
    • Semi-active laser homing
  • Warhead: Integrated Blast Frag Sleeve (IBFS) (combine blast fragmentation and fragment dispersion).
  • Weight: 50 kg (110 lb)
  • Speed : Mach 1.3

You can check the specifications of Helfire R 2

AGM-114R Hellfire II
  • Target: Bunkers, light vehicles, urban (soft) targets and caves
  • Range: 8,000 m (8,749 yd)
  • Guidance:
    • Semi-active laser homing
  • Warhead: Integrated Blast Frag Sleeve (IBFS) (combine blast fragmentation and fragment dispersion).
  • Weight: 50 kg (110 lb)
  • Speed : Mach 1.3
dont embarrass yourself with wiki info its really not good to post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom