What's new

Agni V Discussions

hey guys, Put more light on Agni 5 being a Quasi(cruises at lower altitude and can change trajectory) ballistic missile... is it true ??????

In my opinion
No. The article You are referring states Quasi ICBM as it can reach some continents if not all :lol:

The groundbased midcourse system is extremely hard to develop, but once it is successful, then it becomes really easy to knock down the ICBM.

The THAAD system is much easier to develop, however it is extremely hard to knock down the ICBM with the THAAD system.
Actually you are giving too much importance to midcourse interception. Other layers are important too.

Technical details regarding THAAD reveal that it can intercept any kind of missile in the world. Main limitation was its radar system but this weakness has been fixed.

Indeed THAAD is a very good system. But if the reports of Agni 5 being a quasi BM is true then it will be tough for any ABM system in the world to intercept it.

I need more views on Agni being a Quasi BM
THAAD isn't a simple thing.

just curious in what stage does the indivisual warhead shoots out from a mirv missile specially icbm???my point being if we can detect it earlier and can intercept it before indivisual warhead shoots out we can nullify the mirv capabilty ,all we need to do is just have high range radar along with less response time for the interceptor to launch...i am not any expert...just an engineering student...just raw thinking...any expert here can teach me something about it??

To give a proper analogy to see the exact technological place of Agni V in today's world:

Agni V, technologically speaking, is akin to a "Mig-15 wannabe" in its first public debut as a technology demostrator with a post- WW2 era radar (read: accuracy) , a half fuel tank(read: distance), without missles (read: functional miniaturised nukes) and any modern electronics (read:re-entry tech and HUGE reliability issues), trying to boast being able to penetrate 21st century sky defended by S-400/ 500s and J-20s.

That is the GAP!

Do you really think that this "mig-15" stands a chance?

It's like seeing the first day of Tejas prototype flying and dream to wipe out F-22As with that...

Now somehow this "Mig-15" is a symbol of India's entry into the Elite Club of...

Indian style dilution has no bound.:rofl:

Only a juvenile ammature would compare a missile to an aircraft...still I ll humor you.

1) What do you know about A5s accuracy ..what is its CEP?

2) It has enough miles on it ..to reach and destroy each and every city in China..even if fired from deep with in India landmass.

3) Miniaturized nukes ..again you talking with your pants down..what do you know about Indian nuclear weapons ..do you know how does an Indian 200-250 kt thermonuclear weapon weigh?

4) Reliability issues ..ya right!!..just because you govt hides its failures..to keep you people dumb and deaf ..does not mean your missiles are more reliable than ours.

Chini denial knows no bounds!! ;)

Only a juvenile ammature would compare a missile to an aircraft...still I ll humor you.

1) What do you know about A5s accuracy ..what is its CEP?

Consider youself lucky as I happen to be online, and ready to lecture you a bit before calling the day...

Agni V's expected CEP = 1000km long X 600km wide = 600,000km2, an area slightly smaller than pakistan.:rofl:

Of course "success", that's where the whole DRDO hoggydoggy chips in : 5000km missle with CEP as long as 1000km, 20% of it. :rofl:

See, the area is so large that vitually ANY launch as long as it doesn't exploid in the mid air and is towards the right general direction ( say South, not ending up at North) can be claimed by DRDO as a "total success". In fact it will be very very difficult NOT to hit within such an area.

In comparion, DF-4 of China: its first launch was at beginning of 1970s with the similar distance. Its expected CEP=100km X 70km=7000km2, 10X more accurate than A5, meaning if it were targeted at New Delhi, it would have end up in metro of New Delhi, north or south of it doesn't matter. Yet DF-4 is NOT classified as ICBM, not by a long shot.

2) It has enough miles on it ..to reach and destroy each and every city in China..even if fired from deep with in India landmass.

No no :no: it can't.

Its CEP means if it's targeted at beijing for instance, it has an equal chance to end up in Japan, or Russia or South Korea, or Mongolia. It's anyone's guess. Comprendido, genius?

And it is only based on the assumption that it COULD carry nuke warheads on which we don't have ANY evidence to suggest so.

The whole Agni thing is based on A HUGE assumption, for

i) India can't make nuke small enough, and

ii) India's re-entry tech is so primitive (and not expected to improve to the required standard in the forseeable future, trust me, it took UNSC 5 decades of hardwork to achieve that), that any nuke warhead you suppose to amount on A5 would have been melted during re-entry. Hence what we'll have on the ground would be a pile of wasted iron, like a tiny zinc astraoid, IF it did hit Beijing after all.

Take a good look, this Agni test is without ANY warhead!

Futhermore, Agni V's survivalbility = 0, since it weights 50 freakin tons (joking right?)!

It thus can NOT be movil. You can't even make a much much lighter Aryan tank mobile without destroying most of the Indian bridges for god's sake. Hence any such launching platforms would be destroyed by highly accurate Chinese cruise missles at T1 during attacks.

THE ONLY realistic chance for India to launch nuke into China is to put it inside a plane and go for a 9*11 style suicide mission, which again has success probablity close to zero during its long journey.

3) Miniaturized nukes ..again you talking with your pants down..what do you know about Indian nuclear weapons ..do you know how does an Indian 200-250 kt thermonuclear weapon weigh?

No, your pants is caught down and you still keep lying. Such tech in India is non-existent if not at the most primitive stage, let's be honest.

thermonuclear weapon warhead? In your wet dream or what? Don't kid yourself. It's almost comical. Does india even have multi-stage thermonuclear weapon at all????

India is not capable of mounting of a simple nuclear device smaller enough onto A5 warhead that would survide re-entry and have significant impact whatsoever to the big boys in the forseable future, let alone thermonuclear one, undertood?

Trust me on this one, no matter with how much Rupees Ruskies won't sell you this tech.

4) Reliability issues ..ya right!!..just because you govt hides its failures..to keep you people dumb and deaf ..does not mean your missiles are more reliable than ours.

Yeah right! What about reliability issue of Agni V, huh? Like a headless chicken, your DRDO even had no idea it would suceed or not, and no 100% confidence which general direction it could end up, with CEP = 20% of missile's coverage - ywt another world record I guess. errr.. another "elite Club"? :lol: .

And the head of DRDO just said that it will go into production within a year after 2 more tests, with a "naked" warhead ( aka PAPER warhead of course). :rofl:

Honestly, do you think how reliable it is? The chance that it will hit anything at all with that pile of plain iron (no warhead), even the general direction of it, is anyone's guess.

The upside for you is that New Delhi and all India cities are also within Agni V's theoritcal range, so be afraid and be very afraid. :lol:

@Speeder2

You need to check your eyes (pun intended)

Show me how your DF-31 is better than Agni 5 (apart from obvious higher range.) You can't rate a missile from it's tests!

The test was actually scheduled to done yesterday but was postponed due to bad weather so does that mean it wouldn't work on a rainy day?! The higher SEP was chosen to give a missile definite success!

Your DF-31A (latest version) is ) is a long-range, road-mobile, three stage, solid propellant intercontinental ballistic missile. Agni 5 is ) is a long-range, road-mobile, three stage, solid propellant intercontinental ballistic missile WITH composite rocket motors, guidance ring-laser gyro-based inertial navigation systems, micro-navigation systems and accelerometers to measure the ICBM's acceleration and detect any change in its vehicular motion.

I don't even know if your missiles have these functions. Show me how your DF-31A is better than Agni 5 please. :)

What is the exact CEP for Agni ? I have been searching for that stuff ? Is it even available in public domain.

Agni 3 had a CEP of 40 meters ! But i am not getting any figures for Agni 5.

Back
Top Bottom