What's new

Agartala conspiracy case was not false: Deputy speaker

If NE states and Indian Kashmir can keep its current demography and not get flooded by migrants from "mainland" India, in the long term, they may leave the Indian union and join any neighboring unions of nation states. So that is their challenge, keeping and maintaining their majority indigenous demography and they may need an ongoing insurgency to discourage large scale migration from "mainland" India.

I don't know about Kashmir but if you do a poll in NE right now with two options 1)Stay with India, 2)Independence, I am 100% positive that 90%+ (I am being conservative here) people will chose #1. Only an idiot would opt to form a landlocked country which will have to depend upon you mullahs after that. But wouldn't you just love that, gotta tell you I have a thing for your +/- delusions :lol:

I don't know about Kashmir but if you do a poll in NE right now with two options 1)Stay with India, 2)Independence, I am 100% positive that 90%+ (I am being conservative here) people will chose #1. Only an idiot would opt to form a landlocked country which will have to depend upon you mullahs after that. But wouldn't you just love that, gotta tell you I have a thing for your +/- delusions :lol:

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

I believe you are from NE. You are pretty much landlocked anyways now and ports in Burma or Bangladesh are only sea access available.

The future I am talking about is decades from now when ASEAN will be a highly integrated well developed region. Bangladesh may or may not join ASEAN. But you will have the option to join a group that has high growth level and is very closely integrated with Chinese, Japanese and Korean economy. Even if Bangladesh is not allowed to join ASEAN, I think you will be welcome, due to ethnic similarity.

By 2020 with ongoing ASEAN integration, you will start seeing the merits of this new option to join your true neighbors and relatives to the east, not the people who you ended up with because of British colonial history and who is connected to you only with a 14 mile wide Chicken neck.

Lastly, I would like to know if have a poll to ask people in NE states, if they want to remain with "mainland India" or want to join ASEAN+2 (Japan and Koreas), what do you think will be the results? Landlock is not an issue, as you will be able to use ports in Burma, as a member of ASEAN.

Laos is also another landlocked ASEAN state.

Asean-map_550x400pix.jpg

^^^
Nice try but if wishes were horses, beggars would ride!!

According to many sources in last 2/3 decades some 20000 people have died for their independence cause....so these are the rest 10% who you the 90% decided to perish with earth ? Nice decision...keep it up :tup: .

Following are excerpts from some sources:

Since ULFA’s uprising began some 20,000 people have died. Violence flared up again last year after peace talks with the government collapsed.

INDIA Assamese rebels celebrate Gandhi Day in blood - Asia News

Six relatives of ULFA leaders are killed in Guwahati, likely by former ULFA members. The attack is reportedly in retaliation for a recent ULFA attack on an apartment building that houses former militants. Some 20,000 people have died in Assam in the past 15 years (Agence France Presse, 03/08/99).

UNHCR | Refworld | Chronology for Assamese in India

Back
Top Bottom