What's new

Agartala conspiracy case was not false: Deputy speaker

You've made several points. Now please consider a few points too.

1. Two-nation theory was a blunder. The sufferings caused in the mass is always caused by people, not the religion. Hindus and Muslims can co-exist together as we are doing here in Bangladesh.

Mujib did support the two-nation theory.

2. Awami-league was only trying to protect the interest of then East Pakistan which was being oppressed. They had absolute support of the masses which was later proved in the elections.

3. As a ruler, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib might have been terrible, (though I don't agree with that, I just wanna stay on topic and avoid any argument regarding that.) but he was a great leader; OUR LEADER! He suffered jail, he was abducted and he was tortured; and yet he fought for the people of Bangladesh. Sheikh Mujib was one of the key activists of the two nation movement too. If not for the oppression of the military, he would never have considered a separate state. He tried his best to keep Pakistan intact. Also, Mujib's role in Agartala-conspiracy theory is still unclear. If he was guilty indeed, the military would never have let him participate in the elections. And even if he was, he was still protecting the interest of the majority. So he wasn't guilty in that case either.

Bhutto should have allowed Mujib to hold office. He wouldn't have lasted 6 months anyways.

And yes, West Pakistanis did have an attitude of extreme indifference and apathy toward Bengalis. They hardly took the security of East Pakistan seriously, mismanaged that security situation which ultimately went out of control and hence the result.

4. If he had connections with India, maybe Pakistan would still be intact and there wouldn't be such hostilities between India and Pakistan. He would have brought peace to this region.

Correction: The key dispute between India and Pakistan was the issue of Kashmir. And still is to this day.

5. Pakistani Army giving power to Mujib? The people chose Mujib. The army occupied the power. They were the illegal authorities. They should be tried in court.

Impossible then, and impossible now since they are all dead.

Why was it impossible back then? Cold war-era complications. They went to kiss Uncle Sam's boot in order to save their skins.

6. The existence of RAW and Indian agents in our landmass is overrated. People of Bangladesh suspect that the ISI is invloled more on our soil. If that is true, they have to be neutralized first.

I'm not asking you to trust anyone (including me), but it'd be better if you really look into that yourself.

And ISI? What could they possibly gain? :lol: They have many more complicated issues to address in their own country than Bangladesh.

The Agartala Conspiracy Case consolidates the East Pakistani sentiments against discrimination in all fronts, It may be conspiracy by the then Pakistan rulers, but in reality, it was the heroic act by numbered 35 men and the "number one" was Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. All true bengladeshi should be proud of this so called conspiracy as it lay the seed of Independence for them.

It may be terrorism to India, but NE rebels are fighting for freedom, All true Indians should be proud of this so called terrorism as it lay the seed of Independence for them.

My brothers and sisters got killed so I know the number. You are spreading the number which most pakistanis believe is true. You are trying to justify the killings. So it shows who's side you are on.

About an Indian thanking me, yes I know they supported us in 1971 war and fed my countrymen for 9 months; gave us arms, training. It bothers you huh? No wonder. I have no problem with him thanking my post.

Finally I'm gonna say something which might get me infractions. But Kalu Miya, neither I am an Indian nor I am an ALger. I am a Bangladeshi and it boils my blood when someone tries to insult our martyrs. Right now you've just done that and you've been insulting our liberation war.

You've been insulting the blood of our martyrs. Blood of 30,0000 martyrs. Just remember that.

You will pay for that.

You are entitled to your own opinion and I mine. I am not afraid of any threats, I have reported your post. If you get more explicit, I will report to authorities, which might affect your stay in the US.

1. It's 'Hammer-fist'. Try to insult him by calling him 'ham-fist' and I'll start reporting you.

2. Mujib had Bhashani's full support. AL had their support because of Pakistani oppression. No need to use deception and propaganda.

3. Useful idiot? And you are knowledgeable? I'm sorry, people of your caliber can't even be 0.01% of what Mujib was despite of his mistakes.

4. Proof?

SPEADING A FALSE PROPAGANDA WON'T WORK. GO PROVE AGARTALA IN A PAKISTANI COURT IF YOU ARE SO CONCERNED!

I am glad that I will never want to be like Mujib, though he has millions of fans in Bangladesh, still. I am not one of them. It looks like you are one.

Bhutto should have allowed Mujib to hold office. He wouldn't have lasted 6 months anyways.

And yes, West Pakistanis did have an attitude of extreme indifference and apathy toward Bengalis. They hardly took the security of East Pakistan seriously, mismanaged that security situation which ultimately went out of control and hence the result.

Correction: The key dispute between India and Pakistan was the issue of Kashmir. And still is to this day.

Why was it impossible back then? Cold war-era complications. They went to kiss Uncle Sam's boot in order to save their skins.

I'm not asking you to trust anyone (including me), but it'd be better if you really look into that yourself.

And ISI? What could they possibly gain? :lol: They have many more complicated issues to address in their own country than Bangladesh.

You cannot reason or discuss with this Awami online cadre bahini, it is their way or the highway. I just wish that we put this Awami garbage in the dustbin of history for good. For that I hope they come to power next time and continue their misrule and show the country their true face even more.

You are entitled to your own opinion and I mine. I am not afraid of any threats, I have reported your post. If you get more explicit, I will report to authorities, which might affect your stay in the US.

I am glad that I will never want to be like Mujib, though he has millions of fans in Bangladesh, still. I am not one of them. It looks like you are one.

Hmmm, see you in Bangladesh then. I am going to take you to the court of law (among other things). :-) Now go report me to the authorities. :lol:

Edit: and please don't chicken out and please stand by your opinion till the end.

You cannot reason or discuss with this Awami online cadre bahini, it is their way or the highway. I just wish that we put this Awami garbage in the dustbin of history for good. For that I hope they come to power next time and continue their misrule and show the country their true face even more.

You can wish . . . . but it will never happen. BAL has its mistakes. But talking about Sheikh Mujib in this way! You are twisting history and spreading lies in so many ways. My brothers have given blood and you are playing with the number. Anyway, I will take you to the court of law. From what I've heard, you've got big plans. And any plan coming from a man with evil propaganda and someone who is trying to spread ink into the history of our nation, cannot be good for us. It pays to know the identities of anti-state elements and it also pays to have some ability to do something about anti-state elements.

You might differ with me but I respect you for your civilized post. Kudos. I just couldn't tolerate that guy calling Sheikh mujhib an 'Idiot'. Yes he had his mistakes as the president. But he had a key role in the making of Bangladesh. He achieved so much in his lifetime. Keu ekjon ashlo ar unake idiot bole daklo, eta mene neyar moto na. Ar uni shoheed der niye je moja ta neyar try korchhe, sheta kono Bangladeshi'r pokkhe mene neyar moto na. Unar big goal gula expose korar bebostha korte hobe ebong ai type er lok ke Bangladesh e kono rokom branto-ideology chhorano theke biroto rakhte hobe. Just arekta kkotha, ai lok amar bhai er rokto niye moja nicchhe, she etar jonne pay korbe.

About your last point.

ISI . . . . Jamat . . . . ULFA . . . . 7 sisters . . . . . destabilization . . . . . transfer of Indian troops to the east . . . . makes any sense?

Hmmm, see you in Bangladesh then. I am going to take you to the court of law (among other things). :-) Now go report me to the authorities. :lol:

Edit: and please don't chicken out and please stand by your opinion till the end.

You can wish . . . . but it will never happen. BAL has its mistakes. But talking about Sheikh Mujib in this way! You are twisting history and spreading lies in so many ways. My brothers have given blood and you are playing with the number. Anyway, I will take you to the court of law. From what I've heard, you've got big plans. And any plan coming from a man with evil propaganda and someone who is trying to spread ink into the history of our nation, cannot be good for us. It pays to know the identities of anti-state elements and it also pays to have some ability to do something about anti-state elements.

I am glad that your kind is not liking what I am saying. Do what you can that is in your power.

And there is a difference between calling some one an idiot which is a slur and put down and "useful idiot", which is a bona fide political jargon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

My brothers and sisters got killed so I know the number. You are spreading the number which most pakistanis believe is true. You are trying to justify the killings. So it shows who's side you are on.

About an Indian thanking me, yes I know they supported us in 1971 war and fed my countrymen for 9 months; gave us arms, training. It bothers you huh? No wonder. I have no problem with him thanking my post.

Finally I'm gonna say something which might get me infractions. But Kalu Miya, neither I am an Indian nor I am an ALger. I am a Bangladeshi and it boils my blood when someone tries to insult our martyrs. Right now you've just done that and you've been insulting our liberation war.

You've been insulting the blood of our martyrs. Blood of 30,0000 martyrs. Just remember that.

You will pay for that.

Note how this guy is making a threat and accusing me that I am insulting blood of martyrs of 1971, because I bring up uncomfortable history of Agartala case and how India was involved in it.

There is no doubt that genocide occurred in 1971.
I am not denying it but my question is if they lied about the Agarthala thing, they lied about other thing too. e.g. Bengali not being the national language, however as far as I know 56 constitution makes Urdu and Bengali national languages. Yet most Bengali says seperation was due to not making Bengali as the national language.

I am not denying it but my question is if they lied about the Agarthala thing, they lied about other thing too. e.g. Bengali not being the national language, however as far as I know 56 constitution makes Urdu and Bengali national languages. Yet most Bengali says seperation was due to not making Bengali as the national language.

Urdu was declared only national language in 1952. After bloodshed in 21st February, Bangla became co-national language. It was the first crack between east west relation.

You might differ with me but I respect you for your civilized post. Kudos. I just couldn't tolerate that guy calling Sheikh mujhib an 'Idiot'. Yes he had his mistakes as the president. But he had a key role in the making of Bangladesh. He achieved so much in his lifetime. Keu ekjon ashlo ar unake idiot bole daklo, eta mene neyar moto na. Ar uni shoheed der niye je moja ta neyar try korchhe, sheta kono Bangladeshi'r pokkhe mene neyar moto na. Unar big goal gula expose korar bebostha korte hobe ebong ai type er lok ke Bangladesh e kono rokom branto-ideology chhorano theke biroto rakhte hobe. Just arekta kkotha, ai lok amar bhai er rokto niye moja nicchhe, she etar jonne pay korbe.

About your last point.

ISI . . . . Jamat . . . . ULFA . . . . 7 sisters . . . . . destabilization . . . . . transfer of Indian troops to the east . . . . makes any sense?

Mujib has his spot in Bangladesh's history. Though he's overrated.

And Jamaat funding and arming ULFA? :lol: ULFA is not a Muslim group. Nor is there any evidence to prove it. I doubt if they'd have the necessary organization to do so.

The issue of ULFA was simple.

Bangladesh during the BNP administration was very indifferent to the presence of ULFA militants on its territory. Especially since they were no threat to Bangladesh in the first place. It was from there where the ULFA militants planned their operations in NE India. That was what India was whining about in the first place.

Even after AL came to power to root out ULFA militants, the Indians will still make an issue out of it just to score political points. This happened during Khaleda Zia's last visit to India.

It's not possible to root out every single ULFA militant out there. Typically, they operate is small, mobile groups deep in the jungles. Similar to that of pirates.

Hell, even a technologically advanced nation like the US can't monitor and control everything that's going on at their border with Mexico. India shares the largest border with Bangladesh, and not with China or Pakistan. Hence, it is by no means an easy task.

Besides, ULFA is on its deathbed. And things are slowly improving over there.

Mujib has his spot in Bangladesh's history. Though he's overrated.

And Jamaat funding and arming ULFA? :lol: ULFA is not a Muslim group. Nor is there any evidence to prove it. I doubt if they'd have the necessary organization to do so.

The issue of ULFA was simple.

Bangladesh during the BNP administration was very indifferent to the presence of ULFA militants on its territory. Especially since they were no threat to Bangladesh in the first place. It was from there where the ULFA militants planned their operations in NE India. That was what India was whining about in the first place.

Even after AL came to power to root out ULFA militants, the Indians will still make an issue out of it just to score political points. This happened during Khaleda Zia's last visit to India.

It's not possible to root out every single ULFA militant out there. Typically, they operate is small, mobile groups deep in the jungles. Similar to that of pirates.

Hell, even a technologically advanced nation like the US can't monitor and control everything that's going on at their border with Mexico. India shares the largest border with Bangladesh, and not with China or Pakistan. Hence, it is by no means an easy task.

Besides, ULFA is on its deathbed. And things are slowly improving over there.

Ten trucks arms were arrested during BNP term, so they were not supporting them. We can't officially say we support them though I think we should officially support any freedom fighters, it's our moral duty. Besides, treating freedom fighters as terrorist is a sin for us Bangladeshi.

Ten trucks arms were arrested during BNP term, so they were not supporting them. We can't officially say we support them though I think we should officially support any freedom fighters, it's our moral duty. Besides, treating freedom fighters as terrorist is a sin for us Bangladeshi.

Hmm....don't know about that :angel:

Bangladesh as a much smaller less powerful nation, surrounded by three sides and having shared rivers, we cannot afford to antagonize India. So these kind of support of insurgency should be avoided by Bangladesh. China and Burma both have border with North East states, if something happens from those borders then it is not our responsibility and India will not be able to be very tough with China or Burma. China is way too powerful and India needs Burma more than Burma needs India. So we should stay out of this business and let others handle it, if they find it in their interest.

If NE states and Indian Kashmir can keep its current demography and not get flooded by migrants from "mainland" India, in the long term, they may leave the Indian union and join any neighboring unions of nation states. So that is their challenge, keeping and maintaining their majority indigenous demography and they may need an ongoing insurgency to discourage large scale migration from "mainland" India.

Logically, If we do not support NE fighters morally, it will make the concept of aper/oper Bangla fake.

Back
Top Bottom