What's new

Afzal Guru hanged

Interesting point however what you mentioned is a commonpitfall as they its known in economics associated with opportunity cost. However this can be a double edge sword to economic development of inde and sentiments are changing in west, go through cbc comment or radio francais and you can clearly see public views shifting towards the other side with respect to issues like palestine,armenian genocide and kashmir. To pakistans credit, they are right behind israel in lobbying at washington take note , i am skeptic whats their current reason but it was reported in the media, :coffee: , though inde is in a difficult position because nationlism does not run deep enough yet to overcome certain identities though i am curious about the state of this union in a 100 years if i am alive :)

See one thing you should know about South asians is we are extremely emotional people and place an insane amount of importance on something called honor (or even ego). So no matter the cost, Kashmir will be defended. It has become a matter of honor for us - not to capitulate before religious bigots. And we will not.

Second when you have a population of 1.3 billion, which is larger than the entire western civilization put together, and increasingly an economic power then you would understand why the views of the listeners of CBS or radio francais hardly matters.

About the state of the union 100 years hence, dont worry we have survived all the doomsday predictions right from our inception as a modern political state and we will do just fine. We have our differences, our regional, ethnic, linguistic, religional differences. But at the end of the day you should understand we are a civilizational state (unlike Canada or US) with a shared history, culture,heritage and faith running into 1000s of years and they are the connecting fabric of our nation..

Doesn't look like an election stunt, I think this will be the general SOP henceforth. After the president rejects the mercy plea couple of times.....it's straight to the gallows.
You should have heard Manish Tiwari's Press Conference. He started with UPA doing this doing that. Then he moved to Gujrat Riots targeting BJP.

Only a naive won't see Politics behind it. BJP is going to corner Congress over Shinde's remarks and Congress needs few issues to pitch against BJP.

At last our Govt did what was required to be done a long time ago and thankfully did not bow down to the pressure emanating from Kashmir.Kudos to the Indian Govt.

Oh and BJP SHOULD make Modi (with an able wingman) their greatest weapon!!

Everything is falling into place :

1) Motabhai (Gadkari) has been sent home

2)Rajnath is back and he is known to be close to Modi

3)Vasundhara Raje is back in power in Rajasthan and she is a close confidante of Modi.

4)The election board of BJP is being re-constituted to include Modi, Shivraj Chauhan and his loyalists Amit Shah and another guy are also being brought in.

5) The allies one by one are falling in line - Sukhbir Badal (Akali) have said they will support Modi and both Shiv Sena and MNS (potential ally) have indicated they have no problem with Modi. Today Nitish has said that those who suggest thus name for PM are his rivals thus giving the reconciliatory signal towards Modi. Potential allies include ADMK, BJD and TDP.

6)The Sangh which is the organizational backbone of BJP also seem to have rallied behind him with the reports about VHP and RSS openly endorsing his PM 'credentials'.

Anyway the ultimate power lies in the hands of the aam admi. its upto him to exercise his options carefully. Lets see what 2014 has for us. One thing, this is going to be a very very interesting rat race.

It is the true tribute to the security personnel who died defending parliament.

Also RIP to the gardener who died in attack.

Just watching an interview of Afzal Guru in AajTak, dated 20/12/2001. Donno if this was broadcasted before.... but quite revealing though. Guy is admitting his crime & also goes to say that it has nothing to do with Kashmir cause, but due to his deteriorating financial conditions he took up the mission to attack. Apparently Jihad is more of a business & has nothing to do with the cause. wow..

Interesting point however what you mentioned is a commonpitfall as they its known in economics associated with opportunity cost. However this can be a double edge sword to economic development of inde and sentiments are changing in west, go through cbc comment or radio francais and you can clearly see public views shifting towards the other side with respect to issues like palestine,armenian genocide and kashmir. To pakistans credit, they are right behind israel in lobbying at washington take note , i am skeptic whats their current reason but it was reported in the media, :coffee: , though inde is in a difficult position because nationlism does not run deep enough yet to overcome certain identities though i am curious about the state of this union in a 100 years if i am alive :)

Man if nationalism doesnt run in indians,then you can be rest assured that it doesnt run in anyone in any country...you once come to india and see how much indians love their country..considering the poverty and illiteracy in india it is really incredible that inspite of their various identities,everyone considers themselves indians..Unlike pakistanis indians believe their country is 5000 years old(which may be historically false)...many people in india have this deep rooted pride in their country but they criticize their evils and are slowly evolving.

Westerns and even Pakistan have very weak knowledge about our nationalistic identity. Our nationalistic goes back to ancient India. We have very much successful in preserving out ethnic identity along with our deep national identity. Certainly our history don't start with Arab conquest of Sindh as many Pakistani thinks.

can anyone post the link of afzal guru interview on kind of committing his crime.... I did saw the part of it in headlines today.....

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom