What's new

After MiG-29 jets, India mulling offer of refurbished submarines from Russia?

There is possibility for that, we got offered about 3-5 used Kilo class that will be refurbished later if we buy them, maybe some 7 years ago, but then rejected and we buy 3 Chang Bogo class from South Korea with TOT.

Dear @Indos.... I never heard about Chang Bogo class submarines.... but since it's south Korea make I assume they are deadly.... are they comparable with our Kilos and scorpeans? Or they are more advanced? If possible please shed some light ...

Now you're trying to worm your way out? Well can you prove they're not the same submarines?
he's right- you havent confirmed its THE SAME SET of KILo subs that Russia offered India that Russia had previously offered Indonesia..

Russia can offer whatever it wants
It doesn't mean that we will buy them

We just gave away a 32 year old submarine to Myanmar after completing it's refit.
Why would we buy 30 year old which will barely have 10 years of life left in them that too for 500 million USD each
I am all for conducting refit and upgrade on our existing fleet since the cost is only 130-150 million USD and we can get 10 years of additional service

he's right- you havent confirmed its THE SAME SET of KILo subs that Russia offered India that Russia had previously offered Indonesia..
With respect, he hasn't provided anything to say otherwise either. :laugh: The Russians have a history of trying to sell rubbish to India and other countries and many times the Russians have succeeded.

No he is not- Read the whole thread- It was Khanivore who said it was the same (Assumption) so he needs to prove his assumption, not the other way around- For example- If you buy a used f-16 from Turkey/with US blessing- and I say it was rejected by Taiwan- then who has to prove to you me or you?

Dear @Indos.... I never heard about Chang Bogo class submarines.... but since it's south Korea make I assume they are deadly.... are they comparable with our Kilos and scorpeans? Or they are more advanced? If possible please shed some light ...

You can read it here. The sonar, weapon, CMS are modern but the hull is from old Type 209 design by Germany. We choose it particularly since we got more TOT from this submarine. The first batch (3 subs) will enable Indonesian shipbuilding company, PT PAL, to learn how to assemble the submarine and do system integration. The second batch (another 3) will enable PT PAL to make the whole submarine hull for the third submarine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chang_Bogo-class_submarine

The Chang Bogo-class submarine (Hangul: 장보고급 잠수함, Hanja: 張保皐級潛水艦) is a variant of the Type 209 diesel-electric attack submarine initially developed by Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft (HDW) of Germany, intended for service with the South Korean Navy and Indonesian Navy. A Daewoo (DSME)-upgraded model of the Chang Bogo class Type 209 is being independently exported by Korea to Indonesia in 2012, after a series of heavy competitions from Russian, French, and German-Turkish consortiums including from Germany's original Type 209.[3] The variant is being considered for possible purchase by Thailand as well, as both newly built and second-hand options.[4] The class is named for ancient Korean maritime figure Jang Bogo.

Back
Top Bottom