Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
After Lahore, Pakistan is born in Nepal
By Web Desk
Published: May 4, 2015
880676-pakistan-1430735141-524-640x480.gif

PHOTO: TWITTER

KATHMANDU: With rescue efforts still underway in quake-hit Nepal, a second child born at the Army field hospital has been named ‘Pakistan’ in a unique attempt to show appreciation to Pakistan for their relief efforts, according to an Inter Services Public Relations official.

2nd child born in Pakistan field hospital Nepal, named "Pakistan". Their unique way of appreciating Pak efforts.pic.twitter.com/dRasyou5cf

— Sana Tauseef (@SanaTauseef3) May 4, 2015

The first reported birth at the Army field hospital was on April 30 in Bakhtapur and the child was named after the city of Lahore, the Foreign Office confirmed.

Pakistan Army established a field hospital on April 29 where rescue efforts have continued.

“Pakistan Army Field Hospital has been established at Bakhtapur, the most affected area due to earthquake in Khatmandu, Nepal,” the Inter Services Public Relations said in a statement.

Nepal Army Chief General Gaurav SJB Rana last week lauded Pakistan’s relief efforts in the aftermath of the earthquake which has claimed more than 7,000 lives.

Many took to social media to rejoice the name.

Pakistan as a name of an individual is odd.

Gurkhas have this penchant for naming their children in unique ways.

I recall an instance when a Gurkha's wife had to be air lifted due to an medical emergency in an IAF plane. She delivered on board.

The Child was named Jahaaz Bahadur.

I recall an instance when a Gurkha's wife had to be air lifted due to an medical emergency in an IAF plane. She delivered on board.

Jahaz bahadur shows he named the baby after some bravery show sort of stuff and reason. that means nepalese really have a taste in picking such names. Clearly, shows they associated pakistan and lahore with eveything positive and chose the name.
Those who want to feel jealous can do so for eternity.

Gurkhas and our Pashtun friends have a whole lot on common it seems. :p

Gulab Khan, Faulad Khan and much more!

it will be most funny when these guys when grown up if join yr army then what will u think or call them:rofl:

A Pakistani muslim also named his son bhagwandas in tribute to his stand for judiciary during the days of judicial movement.

Good for him. Pakistan is beautiful name, but would be odd for a person

it will be most funny when these guys when grown up if join yr army then what will u think or call them:rofl:
With Pakistan as his name the guy i surely hope will have better sense of judgment in joining institutions, in a sense he might be able to see who is worthy of being joined or not. And also when indian army has written a beautiful history in the name of rescue mission and that too at this very sensitive and painful time of Nepal's suffering.
Ifyouknowwhatimean

Now just like that indian brigadiers wife was threatening officials for meeting some survivors etc, india will threaten nepal and force them into naming a baby after india or some city.
Btw india was the first country to rush to rescuse efforts yet no nepalese chose any of the indian city's name. No freebies for guessing why they didnt.

Next new born name FATA.:lol::lol:
I would rather want to see named Hafiz saeed. And watch indians panicking

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom