What's new

After initial balk, India reconsidering buying Iron Dome

LOL... nah dude... it means... a simple software and seeker upgrade of Nasr will totally defeat the purpose of "Iron Dome".... Such "domes" are to be used against an enemy with almost zero brains.

ABM defense shields on the other hand are effective (not counting the MARV and few other special missiles)
So pakistan has good Missile ! If this the case how to defeat it, There must me a option

Is it same like prahaar missile ? Sorry for comparing it but just asking my doubt. Or better than prahaar missile of India. Both are tatical rite ?

It's a sub-theatre missile, carries a minimal sub-kiloton warhead for formations. No need to get your panties in a twist. And no, there are almost no "cost-effective" counter measures for such missiles, where to defeat one, you'd need to unleash 200.

So pakistan has good Missile ! If this the case how to defeat it, There must me a option

Behind the Iron Dome: How Israel Stops Missiles

1121-iron-dome-israel-630x420.jpg

The system has stopped roughly 90 percent of incoming missiles, not counting the hundreds that it let through deliberately because it was clear they would land in unoccupied areas, according to a spokesman for the Israeli Ministry of Defense. Iron Dome has undoubtedly saved the lives of Israeli citizens. It has probably saved the lives of people in Gaza, as well, because without the shield in place there would have been an outcry from the Israeli public for a ground invasion of Gaza to root out the missile launchers. That would have caused many more deaths on both sides.

“All of us are very proud,” Barak said by telephone from the company’s headquarters in Petah Tikvah, a city east of Tel Aviv. “It seems like kind of science fiction.” The system has “more capabilities that they haven’t seen yet,” he added. “I prefer not to get into the detail of the performance. We want to have some surprises.”

The Iron Dome program, partially funded by the U.S. Department of Defense, is headed by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, an Israeli government-owned company that is the general contractor and makes the Tamir interceptor missiles. The radar is from Elta Systems, a subsidiary of Israel Aerospace Industries. MPrest, the third partner, makes the command-and-control system and is half-owned by Rafael, while Barak owns a quarter of the company.

Typical command-and-control software for military gear is highly customized and hard to modify. The key to MPrest’s success, Barak says, is that the command-and-control software is simple and modular, so customers can quickly adapt it without reprogramming. The Israeli army was able to recalibrate Iron Dome batteries almost immediately, without a software rewrite, when Hamas fighters began to fire longer-range missiles.

Microsoft’s (MSFT) Windows and .NET architecture make up the base layer of the system. On top of that goes MPrest software that can “manage tens of thousands of objects, each changing several times per second,” the company says on its website. The “objects” are the building blocks of the software, consisting of either code or data or a mixture, which can communicate with one another as the program is running.

Barak calls the software “generic,” in a positive sense, meaning it’s reusable for various purposes. The same basic technology is being used for civilian purposes, including for a vehicle fleet management system in Israel, Brazil, and Argentina, he says.

In the Israeli navy, Barak was the commander of C4I—an acronym for command, control, communications, computers, and intelligence. Until the early 1990s, 10 incompatible systems were communicating simple messages at a “lowest common denominator” level, producing fragmented information to the military leadership. He led an effort to knit the systems together to form a complete picture of the battlefield.

Barak took over MPrest Systems at the end of 2003, immediately upon retiring from the navy. He teamed up with three men who had served under him, joining their existing company and changing its direction from wireless communications to command and control. The company now has 120 employees and is growing each year by “double digits,” Barak says. “We have very good profits. A lot more than the average in our business.”

Business could get even better after Iron Dome’s success in the Gaza conflict. Singapore has already fielded a system, according to Aviation Week. And South Korea has shown interest in the system, Alon Ben-David, an independent defense analyst, told Bloomberg.

It's a sub-theatre missile, carries a minimal sub-kiloton warhead for formations. No need to get your panties in a twist. And no, there are almost no "cost-effective" counter measures for such missiles, where to defeat one, you'd need to unleash 200.
Sounds great. Good job by Pakistan. Sir what about Prahaar ? Its have same capability ? as NASR ?

Shalom, wrror ! :)

Apniii hi baradariii walonn ko discredit kar raheiin haiiin aaap - Bengy would never forgive you ! :disagree:

@HK Indian MBT, Singapore has fielded such a system for entirely different reasons. Small place with limited air-space and classifiable bogy's, mostly as an anti SAM system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yups, almost similar credentials. Can't locate much open-source info though.
So why and on what babsis Indian Army official says Israeli system could provide protection against Pakistan’s short-range tactical nuclear missile? Is is another Scam in making or what ? Or May be Iron Dron can defence against Nasr . Can u shed more light on it. WIth specs if possible

It's part of a bigger mosaic, may I say. I am trying to upgrade the deal with the Indians: Why buy "iron-dome" when you can buy the much improved "Iron Fortress".... abbay salay... there's always an ulterior motive / story behind every pitch I make...... :D

Shalom, wrror ! :)

Apniii hi baradariii walonn ko discredit kar raheiin haiiin aaap - Bengy would never forgive you ! :disagree:

It's always about the "feel-good" factor, anything that can get the edge off. If ground realities were to run your daily life, you would never even get out of bed. It's all about management of a bad situation. Your people know it, so do ours. It's a game, we all have to participate, this is what makes the world go round.

Generals need to sacrifice some soldiers, parents have to burry their martyred sons/daughters, and general public has to witness some sort of action, and then go about their daily routine and pay more taxes. It's how the system is built, can't do much about it.

So why and on what babsis Indian Army official says Israeli system could provide protection against Pakistan’s short-range tactical nuclear missile? Is is another Scam in making or what ? Or May be Iron Dron can defence against Nasr . Can u shed more light on it. WIth specs if possible

Yara, this system is absolutely useless for a variable trajectory weapon such as Nasr. It has different attack vector profiles, almost impossible to intercept. Such weapons always are. Israelis are mostly hoo-ha because they have Arabs as adversaries, imagine having India, Pakistan or China being their neighbor or adversary. They'd have to stitch their own arses on a daily basis.

Everything losers can say "if that" and "if this":

1_15526478926953109e.jpg

@HK Indian MBT, Singapore has fielded such a system for entirely different reasons. Small place with limited air-space and classifiable bogy's, mostly as an anti SAM system.
Yes yes... ! I thinks IronDrone works fine as SAM. And what i think is ,By buying these anti missile drone India actually containing Pak's Nasr use againt Indian Troops. Fear and Doubt may haunt Pak's nuclear option too. Any way its good tatics by IA. That too when Pakistan has Missile like Nasr ,Which may lead to massive retaliation in few seconds. Its a very thin line between Life and Death . WoW:pop:

:D:D My apologies, whenever I mention "Arabs" in wider context, that does not include your royal highness, Mosa or Yzd... :D :D

Everything losers can say "if that" and "if this":

1_15526478926953109e.jpg

O... haramjada Brutus kithay haiga? Kuch patta karrao! :D

@Hyperion

For Brutus is an honorable man ? :lol:

After all of my replies to your questions, is this the conclusion you draw? I want to seriously hurt you with my hands now.... :D

Yes yes... ! I thinks IronDrone works fine as SAM. And what i think is ,By buying these anti missile drone India actually containing Pak's Nasr use againt Indian Troops. Fear and Doubt may haunt Pak's nuclear option too. Any way its good tatics by IA. That too when Pakistan has Missile like Nasr ,Which may lead to massive retaliation in few seconds. Its a very thin line between Life and Death . WoW:pop:

Back
Top Bottom