What's new

After Arjun, LCA, Now the turn of Nag

Titanium

Reaction score
India Seeks Anti-tank Missile
By VIVEK RAGHUVANSHI

India has been working since 1990 on its homegrown Nag, a third-generation, top-attack, fire-and-forget missile that uses infrared guidance. The Nag is slated to gradually replace the 2-kilometer-range Milan and 4-kilometer-range Konkurs, both manufactured by BDL under license from France and Russia. So far, about 40 tests of the Nag missile have been conducted. User tests are planned for next year, a hurdle it must pass to enter production, a Defence Ministry official said.

But the new global tender indicates the Nag is not expected to be operational in the near future, said Mahindra Singh, a retired Army major general.
The homegrown Arjun main battle tank, once planned to carry the Nag, has been armed with the Israeli Lahat anti-tank missile.
India has bought small quantities of Russian Kornets and Israeli Spikes and Shipom missiles for testing on Indian armor. å

TITANIUM you need to get a life

All you do is India bash and slate religions.

TITANIUM you need to get a life

All you do is India bash and slate religions.

What to do, every time I want to move away........there comes one more, presented on platter.

No, am not inventing the failures of DRDO.

What to do, every time I want to move away........there comes one more, presented on platter.

The way header of the thread and intention expressed in it simply doesn't resemble to what have mentioned in the latest press addition.

But fear Allah, and know that Allah is with those who
restrain themselves. (al-Baqarah 2:194)"

What you perceive to be failures are necessarily not...

Practise makes perfect.. if we are inventing we are bound to fail couple of times before striking it rich.. have you seen are media, govt trying to hide failures??

I think Indian should be proud of failures as well.. at least we are not begging foreigners, we are developing something indigenous which is a hallmark of all great nations..failures implies transparency and will to succeed...

even if we fail so what? we will learn from them and one day we shall and we will and we must succeed..

What you perceive to be failures are necessarily not...

Practise makes perfect.. if we are inventing we are bound to fail couple of times before striking it rich.. have you seen are media, govt trying to hide failures??

I think Indian should be proud of failures as well.. at least we are not begging foreigners, we are developing something indigenous which is a hallmark of all great nations..failures implies transparency and will to succeed...

even if we fail so what? we will learn from them and one day we shall and we will and we must succeed..

How shall i put this indigenous efforts ..... Ok step by step..

1. Arjun MBT ... Developed with coordination from Russia
2. LCA .... Developed with design cooperation with especially Dassault and Israeli assistance
3. Nag ... Pure example of reverse engineering of Russian Equipment (thou DRDO is trying to enhance its range and guidence system

Really Indigineous...

Oh man we are here to discuss defence systems. You Evil, driving fear of God in me:).

The forum is the only place, which bring so much optimism.

Coming to the topic, Whats going on the Missile Program riddle. On the one hand we hear Interceptor missile of 99.8% efficiency, claimed better than American Patriot.
Next day, we hear Anti-tank missile is nowhere near operation in the forseeable future.

How shall i put this indigenous efforts ..... Ok step by step..

Correction

German design and consultancy., power pack, tracks

2. LCA .... Developed with design cooperation with especially Dassault and Israeli assistance

Add BAE design consultancy, Alena for Composite---wing, Dautch for Engineering.

3. Nag ... Pure example of reverse engineering of Russian Equipment (thou DRDO is trying to enhance its range and guidence system

Really Indigineous...

Correction

German design and consultancy., power pack, tracks

Add BAE design consultancy, Alena for Composite---wing, Dautch for Engineering.

:cheers: :smokin:

The way header of the thread and intention expressed in it simply doesn't resemble to what have mentioned in the latest press addition.

Oh I did not see your reply.

By the way, What is wrong with the header? can you point out please.

How do you know my Intentions? I have not added a single word to the Press release.:what:

Do not assume ...ok? We discuss good, bad and ugly news.

A RETIRED servicemen's opinion is consider the truth. Amazing!

Right guys lets not let this thread descend into the usual nonsense. It is going to be either NAG missile development or nothing at all. I don' want to see any more comments that should be in other threads. SO NO religion NO dragging in of other projects etc etc. IF any of you have any issues with threads please report them. Thanks!

Oh I did not see your reply.

By the way, What is wrong with the header? can you point out please.

How do you know my Intentions? I have not added a single word to the Press release.:what:

Do not assume ...ok? We discuss good, bad and ugly news.

According the article, retired Army Personnel has stated that NAG is not expected to get operational in near future as well as at the same time he does stated that NAG competence will be get tested in next user trial in following year only because development of the MMW Seekar has been more problematic and it is unlikely to that the seeker will enter service any time soon which is supposed to be replaced IIR seeker as module .

This is where contradictions get emerges because author has its own framework of mind as he is the one who was user of such weapons once upon a time and hence he has doubted the NAG opertionalisation will get delayed due some technical glitches even after 45 test in test range at Ahmednager not 40 as stated in article but he doesn’t disregarded entirely that Nag project would not be proceeded further.

But in subsequent post that have made including yourself have entirely proclaim that Nag will not get operational in forcible future by justifying claim in associating with delayed project like MBT Arjun and LCA.

So in conclusion, according to my precise predication, I didn’t made slightest mistake in doubting your intention with header and how the people will justify their claims by presenting their baseless imagination.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom