What's new

After Arjun, LCA, Now the turn of Nag

3. Nag ... Pure example of reverse engineering of Russian Equipment (thou DRDO is trying to enhance its range and guidence system

Really Indigineous...

I am sorry to say reality is bit different then your hypothetical imagination. Pls describe some technical complexity of your imagination as how does Nag become reverse engineered stuff?

3. Nag ... Pure example of reverse engineering of Russian Equipment (thou DRDO is trying to enhance its range and guidence system

Really Indigineous...

I am sorry to say reality is bit different then your hypothetical imagination. Pls describe some technical complexity of your imagination as how does Nag become reverse engineered stuff?[/QUOTE]

Spandrel AT-5 (9M113 Konkurs) is a Russian ATGM DRDO produces under license. Which was wire guided but since ATGM have evolved one with IR seeker is being developed by DRDO with tandem warhead. This version as i described before will have greater range and IR passive Seeker guidence.

I remember it has some issues with its guidence system. :guns:

Really Indigineous...

I am sorry to say reality is bit different then your hypothetical imagination. Pls describe some technical complexity of your imagination as how does Nag become reverse engineered stuff?

I wonder why you missed the first two points? Hope you agree on the LCA and Arjun.

About anti-tank Missile? Do you know India is "trying" to develop one since 1959?

Spandrel AT-5 (9M113 Konkurs) is a Russian ATGM DRDO produces under license. Which was wire guided but since ATGM have evolved one with IR seeker is being developed by DRDO with tandem warhead. This version as i described before will have greater range and IR passive Seeker guidence.

I remember it has some issues with its guidence system. :guns:[/QUOTE]

Agreed India Licence producing russian ATGM, but does that translate into reverse engineering according to your misconception?

Pls go and read my previous post again quoting to tinanium regarding seeker, because your statement is pretty outdated.

Since LCA and Arjun are completely irrelevant to this discussion, there is no point of taking them into consideration.

Very interesting article, one more then interesting thing about that it was our first ATGM effort which initiated with miniscule budget of only Rs. 6 Lacs.

Since LCA and Arjun are completely irrelevant to this discussion, there is no point of taking them into consideration.

Very interesting article, one more then interesting thing about that it was our first ATGM effort which initiated with miniscule budget of only Rs. 6 Lacs.

You know the value of circa 1959 Rs 6 Lakhs?

Don't loose perspective.

I remember it has some issues with its guidence system.

Agreed India Licence producing russian ATGM, but does that translate into reverse engineering according to your misconception?

Pls go and read my previous post again quoting to tinanium regarding seeker, because your statement is pretty outdated.

Can you please update me what is the status of Nag missile and If its specs have changed........

It is IIR guided, with a range of 6 KM tops and DRDO also wanted it to be mmW (millimeter wave) guided type but the concept was droped...Nag if operationally produced will be with Imaging Infrared (IIR) passive Seeker and tandem warhead to penetrate Reactive Armour on Tanks. To get in par with Tow II and Gil System may be.
Kindly UPdate me?. :sick:

Can you please update me what is the status of Nag missile and If its specs have changed........

It is IIR guided, with a range of 6 KM tops and DRDO also wanted it to be mmW (millimeter wave) guided type but the concept was droped...Nag if operationally produced will be with Imaging Infrared (IIR) passive Seeker and tandem warhead to penetrate Reactive Armour on Tanks. To get in par with Tow II and Gil System may be.
Kindly UPdate me?. :sick:

Only becuase of complex nature of MMW seeker, its operational version is being dropped. But that doesn't mean its application cannot be used in other areas such as now MMW seeker is intended to operate as an optional system that can replace the IIR passive seeker as module as well as it can also incorporated into the guidence system, is a CCD Camera.

Only becuase of complex nature of MMW seeker, its operational version is being dropped. But that doesn't mean its application cannot be used in other areas such as now MMW seeker is intended to operate as an optional system that can replace the IIR passive seeker as module as well as it can also incorporated into the guidence system, is a CCD Camera.

Do you even know what is the purpose of CCD camera. You know what mmW guidence is meant for and how it is different from IIR?. Just donot know do you?. :disagree:

Millimeter Guidence System:
Radar (active) guidance technology prevailed in anti-ship and surface attack weapons during the 1980s. This guidance technique was recently adapted to land attack missiles. After the missile flies to a pre-designated location where line of sight to the target is expected, it activates its radar in a scan mode, and will home in on the signal expected to be the target. Such signal can be the strongest in the area, or one that emits a characteristic signature. Radar guided missiles are highly vulnerable to countermeasures and deception, which sometime necessitate human intervention for target verification and intervention at terminal phase. When used over land, radar seekers can be augmented by other elements (such as EO, GPS, LADAR etc).

Other applications of much smaller radar guidance use millimeter wave radars, to locate, classify, identify and engage armored vehicles and other priority targets. The use of millimeter wave seekers provides very high resolution, all weather capability and high immunity to current conventional countermeasure techniques employed by armored vehicles.

Infrared Guidence System:
In a substantially non-spinning guided missile, a passive-infrared-imaging fuze comprising at least one set of body-fixed wide-angle optics providing at least forward hemisphere coverage, a multi-element detector array and a microprocessor for image and data processing, aim-point selection and fuzing;
Infrared homing refers to a passive missile guidance system which uses the emission from a target of electromagnetic radiation in the infrared part of the spectrum to track it. Missiles which use infrared seeking are often referred to as "heat-seekers", since infrared (IR) is just below the visible spectrum of light in frequency and is radiated strongly by hot bodies. Many objects such as people, vehicle engines and aircraft generate and retain heat, and as such, are especially visible in the infra-red wavelengths of light compared to objects in the background.

Now you know what you are talking about...........

Do you even know what is the purpose of CCD camera. You know what mmW guidence is meant for and how it is different from IIR?. Just donot know do you?. :disagree:

Millimeter Guidence System:
Radar (active) guidance technology prevailed in anti-ship and surface attack weapons during the 1980s. This guidance technique was recently adapted to land attack missiles. After the missile flies to a pre-designated location where line of sight to the target is expected, it activates its radar in a scan mode, and will home in on the signal expected to be the target. Such signal can be the strongest in the area, or one that emits a characteristic signature. Radar guided missiles are highly vulnerable to countermeasures and deception, which sometime necessitate human intervention for target verification and intervention at terminal phase. When used over land, radar seekers can be augmented by other elements (such as EO, GPS, LADAR etc).

Other applications of much smaller radar guidance use millimeter wave radars, to locate, classify, identify and engage armored vehicles and other priority targets. The use of millimeter wave seekers provides very high resolution, all weather capability and high immunity to current conventional countermeasure techniques employed by armored vehicles.

Infrared Guidence System:
In a substantially non-spinning guided missile, a passive-infrared-imaging fuze comprising at least one set of body-fixed wide-angle optics providing at least forward hemisphere coverage, a multi-element detector array and a microprocessor for image and data processing, aim-point selection and fuzing;
Infrared homing refers to a passive missile guidance system which uses the emission from a target of electromagnetic radiation in the infrared part of the spectrum to track it. Missiles which use infrared seeking are often referred to as "heat-seekers", since infrared (IR) is just below the visible spectrum of light in frequency and is radiated strongly by hot bodies. Many objects such as people, vehicle engines and aircraft generate and retain heat, and as such, are especially visible in the infra-red wavelengths of light compared to objects in the background.

Now you know what you are talking about...........

Absolutely I did a horrible mistake in rush to quote your previous post, still I admit my mistake in respect of CCD Camera.

But before that give me a break!

Did you even realize one of the unbelievable ironies of your post and its contents? In very first statement you accuse me of having ignorant about Functionalities of CCD Camera, if you really had known anything about it why didn’t you came out with your own reasoning about CCD Camera rather then copy pasting work that you had done regarding MMW and IIR Guidance.
But I am regretting for bursting you bubble over here. Your statement regarding IIR and MMW guidance system are nothing but some introductory part quoted from Wikipedia and defencewebsites respectively. Why didn’t you provide me with entire link of these websites?

Second and foremost thing, I didn’t made claim naively in my previous post regarding compatibility of MMW application with IIR and CCD Camera. If you really want to realize the validity of my previous post, then go and have some search in NAG ATGM archive of Bharat Rakshak.

?

Second and foremost thing, I didn’t made claim naively in my previous post regarding compatibility of MMW application with IIR and CCD Camera. If you really want to realize the validity of my previous post, then go and have some search in NAG ATGM archive of Bharat Rakshak.

Man is this forum for fighting or grabing words and statements or about debate on certain issues which are useful for our knowledge..

I respect your comments and now i shall comply.,..

I only replied to IIR and wwM guidance systems. What CCD and CMOS based technology are and how they have changed the Imaging world we can have a separate thread for that.

Man is this forum for fighting or grabing words and statements or about debate on certain issues which are useful for our knowledge..

I respect your comments and now i shall comply.,..

I only replied to IIR and wwM guidance systems. What CCD and CMOS based technology are and how they have changed the Imaging world we can have a separate thread for that.

Now this called as systematic reply without any bias and useless varibles which indicates realistic approach. Anyway, Could I ask your name? because since I have begin posting on this forum I have quoted your posted on numerous occasion. Since it is quite ambigious to call you with someother fancy name

Now this called as systematic reply without any bias and useless varibles which indicates realistic approach. Anyway, Could I ask your name? because since I have begin posting on this forum I have quoted your posted on numerous occasion. Since it is quite ambigious to call you with someother fancy name

Its Asif ...

Nag missile to undergo final trial in summer: Saraswat
Chandigarh (PTI): The army's third generation anti -tank guided missile project 'Nag' is nearing completion and it will undergo one more "user trial" before it is cleared for induction, a top defence scientist said on Tuesday.

"The army is happy with the Nag missile. The first phase of user trials were completed in November and December 2007 and the final trial of this project will take place this summer," DRDO Chief Controller Research and Development (Missile and Strategic systems) Dr V K Saraswat told reporters here.

'Nag' (cobra) is an all weather, top-attack, fire-and- forget anti-tank guided missile, the design work of which was started in 1988 and first tests in November 1990. (so the tests are from last 18 years) It is one of five missile systems developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme. (since cscrapped for non-performance)

Saraswat however said there was a "dire need" to equip the country against threats from land, sea and air by developing a ballistic missile system.

"It is a requirement as more than 31 countries have developed and designed ballistic missiles," he said adding that DRDO had started building technology to detect the flight of ballistic missiles and reach the combat zone in time.

Replying to a question on whether there was a refueling problem with the surface-to-air 'Prithvi' missile, he said the Army had been using it since 1994 and was "very happy" with its functional capabilities.

"Pirthvi missile can be fuelled anywhere though it is generally done in depots. But once this missile is fuelled, it has a life of 10 years," he said

The Hindu News Update Service

So on which time Nag is handing over to Indian Army and going in full scale of production

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom