What's new

Afghanistan opens first ever train route

Dude as if ISI phone was dead when Osama was killed and when there are drone atackes in pakistan, its the point to note that there are more bomb explosion happening in pakistan then in Afghanistan..look out for you ISI and their phone...till then dont boast too much about your lady ISI....and it can be only pakistan which will will get joy in derailing a already derailed economy and nation..shame on u guys.

You Bhartis still do not understand my post and are bringing in other issues unrelated to the rail line, can't you simply understand that the point was to counteract any indian centric opinions.

Coming to OBL good riddance, why would ISI phone need to be active for him. Drone attacks, it is not the job of ISI to stop this but our armed forces so you should be talking about the army phone line here.

I don't need to talk about lady ISI, you bhartis do that every day she has been 81tch slapping you for a while and will continue to do so.

Have i or any pakistani stated we will enjoy or will derail an economy NO

Get it into your thick skulls that we would love a prosperous Afghanistan, my points were on the basis that if such infrastructure was used as a tool against Pakistani interests it COULD be taken care of very easily. This point was made on the basis of this good news being twisted by bhartis to put a bharat centric viewpoint NOT merely congratulating on this very good milestone for Afghanistan. Shame on you pea brains for doing this.

congrats to Afgani people. may you prosper in your future.. and become economically self reliant.

Ghulam Bilour saab ab to aapke Afghanistan mein bhi trains agayin hain. Ab toh sudhar jao.

a few basic things:

first of all, I laugh at those who are treating this as a "snub" of sorts to Pakistan when in all actuality --as I said in my last post quite clearly -- Pakistanis (govt. and population) would welcome anything that improves the economic situation in the troubled and at times troublesome neighbour country.

second, you ought to learn that the media views and treats things on a very narrow and superficial prism. Why not look at what's also going on BEHIND the "scenes" -- somethings they will fail to mention.

being a land-locked country, Afghanistan relies 100% on receiving its supplies via its neighbours. Traditionally, the lower portion of the country has received/exported via road/sea link of Pakistan while in north it was via CARs and of course via Iran --which also plays an important role in Afghanistan.

there are major talks and initatives going on to link Pakistan, Afghanistan and the CARs --the Silk Route initiative which IFIs like the World Bank are taking keen interest in.

talks are pretty much finalized to connect Uzbekistan to Afghanistan via rail (Uzbekistan to Hairatan to Mazar e Sharif)....Concurrently there would also be crucial rail-lines linking Pakistan to Afghanistan (via 2 railways) --- (Kandahar to Spin Boldak to Chaman to Quetta & Jalalabad to Peshawar)

these can be very promising initiatives provided that there is security and other mechanisms and authoritative bodies in place to ensure smooth operation

I am confused. Just because the US supply stopped by Pak force US open railway bring army materials for nato...will the train route be used by locals.

Back
Top Bottom