What's new

Afghanistan has broken chains of slavery - PM Imran Khan

Interesting statement from someone whose political gimmick is based upon alleged advantage of having lived and worked abroad.

Some say even the Swiss find him cheesy.

Well, it is imperative to raise the teaching standards as well as fix the existing incompetence in the Govt. run educational institutions ... implementing "maadri zubaan" as the sole medium of instruction and teaching will not do unfortunately.

Exactly the point. This whole charade is designed to give the willfully ignorant sheep another useless topic to passionately debate and then pretend that something is being done while the country and its education system remain burning in the background.

Urdu absolutely deserves to be the medium of everything in the country. It's an absolute shame when our brightest cannot read Nawaiwaqt. The regional languages too deserve a far greater role in literature if not all of academics. However, like I said, there's a whole lot else that needs to be done and discussed before the medium of instruction. This is so embarrassing that I refuse to explain any further, where would I begin? Can't expect more when illiterate imbecilic politicians are left to govern education in a country where the public demands Pol-Sci professors be kicked out for their political views expressed in a tweet.

Then, Urdu has no academic base, it was never built. The handful of universities in the country which do deserve to be called universities are all English oriented. They are built and run on the research and work available to them in English from the rest of the world. Force Urdu on them and watch them too become embarrassments to academics. An Urdu Literature grad from a two room "university" in Toba Tek Singh cannot just translate research papers on Combinatorics.

I think you have the Pakistani mindset that everything white is superior to everything brown. Almost by definition your own language is the language of jahalt while the language of the white master is superior.

Dude, virtually every country in the world educates its people in universities in it's own language. I was in Lithuania a while back (population 4 million), but rememmber they are white men. Do you know what the language of education is in universities? Amazingly it's Lithuanian. What a surprise. And so throughout Europe.

No, white men don't worship English.

Please reread what I wrote and point out exactly where I state my problem with Urdu. I cannot entertain تنکوں کا آدمی.

But that has never stopped our national national sycophancy from claiming otherwise. :D

1629311825314.png

Last edited:
For those who are busy in criticising Pakistan for not taking Afghan Refugees

¶ Pakistan still hosts 3+ Million Afghan refugees.
¶ Pakistan has issued thousands of visas for journalists, patients & others during Fall of Ghani Regime.
¶ Pakistan kept its borders open for trade.

I read your post. Thinking someone else's culture is better than yours is not necessary for learning.
You would never learn unless you think what you are going to learn is something better than what you have known. Otherwise what is the purpose of learning? Going backwards?

Exactly the point. This whole charade is designed to give the willfully ignorant sheep another useless topic to passionately debate and pretend that something is being done while the country and its education system remain burning in the background.

Urdu absolutely deserves to be the medium of everything in the country. It's an absolute shame when our brightest cannot read Nawaiwaqt. The regional languages too deserve a far greater role in literature if not all of academics. However, like I said, there's a whole lot else that needs to be done and discussed before the medium of instruction. This is so embarrassing that I refuse to explain any further, where would I begin? Can't expect more when illiterate imbecilic politicians are left to govern education in a country where the public demands Pol-Sci professors be kicked out for their political views expressed in a tweet.

Then, Urdu has no academic base, it was never built. The handful of universities in the country which do deserve to be called universities are all English oriented. They are built and run on the research and work available to them in English from the rest of the world. Force Urdu on them and watch them too become embarrassments to academics. An Urdu Literature grad from a two room "university" in Toba Tek Singh cannot just translate research papers on Combinatorics.
Valid points indeed but we would not ask an Urdu Literature grad from a two room "university" in Toba Tek Singh to translate scientific research papers...as a recent news article cite (please see below) an exercise of translating the summery of technical research thesis into Urdu for layman and Journalist to better understand the crux of research is carried out; I would say a similar endeavor is needed to explain in detail the research thesis to the student audience BUT by the science and technology faculty itself...

1629326422230.png

Link to the news article.

Not sure why there is raging debate over this, studies have proven, complex scientific subjects are best comprehended and internalized when taught/learnt in native languages. Hence the push for instruction in Urdu.

I used Google translate on English to Urdu words such as viscosity, volume, radius and many more..I can read and write Arabic so I find this hilarious... :lol:

radius = رداس
volume = حجم

so essentially you'd be teaching kids science in English directly translated to urdu.
Poor kids :lol:

You would never learn unless you think what you are going to learn is something better than what you have known. Otherwise what is the purpose of learning? Going backwards?

If I learn Italian, I don't need to feel Italian culture is superior. If I learn to code Python from someone, I don't need to feel their culture is superior. Implanting an inferiority complex is part of colonialism not learning.

I used Google translate on English to Urdu words such as viscosity, volume, radius and many more..I can read and write Arabic so I find this hilarious... :lol:

radius = رداس
volume = حجم

so essentially you'd be teaching kids science in English directly translated to urdu.
Poor kids :lol:

Well that is why it is advised to read and get information from various credible sources so that you can make informed opinions ... see below:

1629330553401.png

1629330598711.png

Link to the article.

If I learn Italian, I don't need to feel Italian culture is superior. If I learn to code Python from someone, I don't need to feel their culture is superior. Implanting an inferiority complex is part of colonialism not learning.
Ah, different definitions about what is superior. To me the thing that will benefit me more than what I have known is superior. It is superior to what I have known. Otherwise it would bring me no benefit. It is not inferiority complex. It is pure utilitarian. What you learn is to augment what you know, not to replace it. It is enrichment.

Well that is why it is advised to read and get information from various credible sources so that you can make informed opinions ... see below:

better to read and comprehend before you act smart and condescend.

There isn't a single mention of science in the UNESCO report. I never said education in native language wasn't possible or is bad or good. I implied learning a technical subject in urdu will be challenging for children because technical terms do not appear to have an equivalent in urdu. I know the Chinese, Japanese and the Koreans all successfully teach technical subjects in their native language. For the Chinese, unlike urdu the Chinese have direct equivalent technical terms in their native language. the difficulty arises when they collaborate internationally, study non Chinese technical material or publish their scientific work outside China. The word nucleus is Hé but it also means core and so the context is important while also adding to the complexity,
So if they are reading a scientific paper in english they have to decide if the author meant nucleus or core depending on the context.

better to read and comprehend before you act smart and condescend.

There isn't a single mention of science in the UNESCO report. I never said education in native language wasn't possible or is bad or good. I implied learning a technical subject in urdu will be challenging for children because technical terms do not appear to have an equivalent in urdu. I know the Chinese, Japanese and the Koreans all successfully teach technical subjects in their native language. For the Chinese, unlike urdu the Chinese have direct equivalent technical terms in their native language. the difficulty arises when they collaborate internationally, study non Chinese technical material or publish their scientific work outside China. The word nucleus is Hé but it also means core and so the context is important while also adding to the complexity,
So if they are reading a scientific paper in english they have to decide if the author meant nucleus or core depending on the context.
You must be kidding me right ... did you read carefully what the UNESCO report states OK I will post it again with an underline:

1629334016170.png

IF you can please define what "subjects across the curriculum" means I will be very grateful...btw I apologize also if I came across condescending ... not my intention AT ALL...

Indian media is reporting one sentence from a long speech the PM gave today about education.

He was at the official launch of the Single National Curriculum. During his speech he was talking about mentality, and especially slave mentality. He talked about how the Pakistani education system encouraged a slave mentality through the English Medium curriculum. He said it was bought originally to create brown Englishmen for the Empire. He said post independence we adopted it and kept that same culture where our culture/language is considered inferior to those of Westerners.

He talked about the class divide between the students of religious seminaries, Urdu medium and english medium. He said he wanted to unify the nation by bridging these divides. He said the single national curriculum is step 1 and the status quo will fight it. He said we'll need to burn our boats in order to implement these changes.

During this speech he went on to talk about how in higher education people adopt English culture and become mental slaves to this foreign culture. He said mental slavery is worse than actual slavery. It's an acceptance of foreign culture as superior to yours. He said breaking the chains of mental slavery is very difficult. He said Afghanistan has broken the chains of physical slavery. He said the mental slavery is hard to break.

You can see this part of his speech here -

starts at 6:30.
The Islamic curriculum IK wants to integrate he should also integrate topics that directly tackle what the atheists are writing in their books. Yes we need Islamic history too. But we need to tackle theological offensive that is being launched in our universities.

Back
Top Bottom