What's new

Afghanistan has broken chains of slavery - PM Imran Khan

I don't think it well. How many people are well versed in the Farsi script? Half the people use latin to type out Urdu because it seems easier to them. I don't see Russians doing this, or Iranians, or Arabs as much as we do. Clearly there is trouble.

Before bringing the Urdu language back as a medium of instruction, it needs to be revamped. There needs to be a proper plan in place.
Do you know in karachi we have to learn, write sindhi even it never used in karachi from 6th class to 10th. No one objected to that and it never improved sindh performance either yet we have it in our course. So why there is an issue in urdu?

Also make arabic as compulsory subject from class 1 would be great for our society.

In your country what language do you learn higher education in? In our country higher education courses are only taught in English, a foreign language. Most of our population are hindered from access to higher education because of this.

I concur, just imagine how easy the comprehension would be of difficult concepts IF the higher education subjects are taught in local language with foreign author books translated by Pakistani professors...

Last edited:
I concur, just imagine how easy the comprehension would be of difficult concepts IF the higher education subjects are taught in local language with foreign author books translated by Pakistani professors...

The higher education subjects are taught in Urdu across Pakistan. Would you send your kids to those "universities"?

But how does the new SNC help with correcting that wrong?

Correcting? Whose talking about correcting anything?

Smoke and mirrors.

As in virtually every other country in the world.

The higher education subjects are taught in Urdu across Pakistan. Would you send your kids to those "universities"?

Which Universities just for my knowledge if you can cite plz and definitely if the standard of education is also maintained...

Which Universities just for my knowledge if you can cite plz and definitely if the standard of education is also maintained...

Pick any Urdu-Medium government run university/college/school. Pretty sure the defunct, or rather the non-existent, education system in the country can first do with a whole lot else than using Urdu as the medium of instruction.

Oh hush!

We must wait for the remainder of the term to end to be able to pass judgement on PMIK's performance in office.

Results don't pop out of nothing.

Pick any Urdu-Medium government run university/college/school. Pretty sure the defunct, or rather the non-existent, education system in the country can first do with a whole lot else than using Urdu as the medium instruction.

Smoke and mirrors, how do we not see it?
Well, it is imperative to raise the teaching standards as well as fix the existing incompetence in the Govt. run educational institutions ... implementing "maadri zubaan" as the sole medium of instruction and teaching will not do unfortunately.

Poor Sir Syed Ahmed Khan - the mental slave

You should careful while having urge to write comments considering you are an officer here.

IK is talking about importing forigen culture and being mental slave , not against learning English as a language only.

Mental slavery deviod people of free thinking. Having lived in west for considerable time, and been on this forum, I can see the issue with majority of Pakistanis.

That is NOT slavery. It is only when that acceptance is forced upon, not agreed upon. Every culture is superior with certain conditions. Much like wheels are great on dirt roads while sleds are great on snow/ice. When these conditions of a foreign culture are ready while yours are not, it is perfectly OK to accept that the foreign culture is superior. That is how human beings learn.

That is not learning. That is colonization.

I think you have the Pakistani mindset that everything white is superior to everything brown. Almost by definition your own language is the language of jahalt while the language of the white master is superior.

Dude, virtually every country in the world educates its people in universities in it's own language. I was in Lithuania a while back (population 4 million), but rememmber they are white men. Do you know what the language of education is in universities? Amazingly it's Lithuanian. What a surprise. And so throughout Europe.

No, white men don't worship English.

I think you have the Pakistani mindset that everything white is superior to everything brown. Almost by definition your own language is the language of jahalt while the language of the white master is superior.

Dude, virtually every country in the world educates its people in universities in it's own language. I was in Lithuania a while back (population 4 million), but rememmber they are white men. Do you know what the language of education is in universities? Amazingly it's Lithuanian. What a surprise. And so throughout Europe.

You are right in a sense. Japanese and Chinese do things in their own language as well.

Pakistan too should do things strictly in Urdu.

BUT we need to improve the economy first.

Sir aap ke mon mein ghee shakar ... sola aaney sach baat ki hay aapne ... I can not put it better than that ...

Back
Top Bottom