What's new

Afghan Taliban in Kabul; Amnesty announced and Interim setup rumored

The Pakistani intelligence and deep state have orchestrated the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan exceedingly well. One can't help but admire this capability. Now China will keep humouring Pakistan for CPEC and BRI somewhat like US couldn't do anything worthwhile against Pakistan.
Hasha.then You should be happy about that..Why is there a fire in your a..?

IMG_20210815_172117.jpg

Taliban say Kabul 'is surrounded'

The Taliban has said that it has encircled Kabul, in one of its first public statements since news that its fighters were entering the city.

Taliban fighters began entering the city on Sunday after taking control of all of Afghanistan's major cities, apart from the capital, in just 10 days.

A Taliban official said that fighters would not be allowed to conduct celebratory gunfire. He added that members of the Afghan forces would be permitted to return to their homes.

The official was also quoted as saying that the airport and hospitals would be allowed to continue operating and that emergency supplies would not be blocked.

Yes. Propaganda.
And believe me wife and I hosted some Goray friends last night and they asked me about the Afghanistan situation especially about Taliban 'raping' young girls and women in conquered territory. I told them NO. It is not in the Taliban nature to rape. They have a code of honor and they would not spare anyone--even their topmost leadership for such heinous act.

I am sure Pakistan will do very well.
Maybe you should start celebrating 15th of August as the day you lost your 20 years of hard work in one stroke.
Such an competent people you are.
we need to brace for reprisal attacks by Indian sponsored groups and once the chaos dies away the Afghan Taliban must be held responsible for eradicating BLA, ISIS and TTP that are sworn enemies of Pakistan and have carried out many terror activities against Pakistan.

Timeline: Taliban's lightning-speed advance

Taliban militants have taken control of all major Afghan cities except Kabul after a rapid advance through the country.

We look back at how they did it so fast.

Kabul residents 'never been so worried'

A BBC reporter in Kabul has been describing the mood in the city.

Many shops and markets are closed, and some people are saying they have "never been so worried".

Some government offices are also closed with the army and police leaving their duty posts in places.

Small bursts of gunfire have been heard in some areas, but the source is unclear.

Rumours have swirled online that Taliban militants breached Kabul. However, a Taliban spokesman says fighters have been told to stay at the city gates and not attack.

Taking UK and US support out of Afghanistan was "grossly and unbelievable irresponsible", the former UK international development secretary has told the BBC.

The UK and the US have been providing air support to Afghan forces fighting the Taliban - now that line of defence is being removed.

Those aircraft were "a keystone" to their defence and removing them meant "nothing could be held together", Rory Stewart said.

"It's very difficult for an army like the Afghan army to fight without any air support," he said.
But talib fought without any airforce for 20 years. These idiot still don't understand. Occupying forces n their puppies never enjoy local support..it is universal law

Back
Top Bottom