What's new

Afghan Sikhs and Hindus got seat allocation in Parliament

Karzai: Hindus, Sikhs get Afghan parliament seat

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
KABUL, Afghanistan -- Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai has issued a legislative decree that gives minority Hindus and Sikhs a seat in the country's next parliamentarian election.

A statement Wednesday from the presidency said the seat would be in the parliament's lower house. The addition would make the parliament now have 250 seats.

Karzai's decision comes after lawmakers declined to require a special seat for Hindus and Sikhs in the law. Under Afghan law, the president has the power to issue legislative decrees when the parliament is on vacation.

src: KABUL, Afghanistan: Karzai: Hindus, Sikhs get Afghan parliament seat - World Wires - MiamiHerald.com

Afghans are gradually coming into the new era. Good to see the reciprocity of tolerance from Afghans. Let's hope Pakistan doesn't ruin it again and send Afghans back to Taliban stone age era.

Since my community is not there in Afghanistan anymore due to the past horrors, let this at least be a sense of making up.

All the best to Afghanistan.

Afghans are gradually coming into the new era. Good to see the reciprocity of tolerance from Afghans. Let's hope Pakistan doesn't ruin it again and send Afghans back to Taliban stone age era.

Since my community is not there in Afghanistan anymore due to the past horrors, let this at least be a sense of making up.

All the best to Afghanistan.

You can just shut your mouth and don't drag Pakistan into it.

Good news ,steps in the right direction to become a matured nation.All the best.

it would have been nice if their lawmakers had passed it instead of president.

There should not be any reservation on the basis of religion.

There should not be any reservation on the basis of religion.
if their lawmakers themselves did not agree.. brining it as presidential decree is undemocratic... I dont think people there will like it..

if their lawmakers themselves did not agree.. brining it as presidential decree is undemocratic... I dont think people there will like it..

According to the law Afghan President can issue such ordinance

Does it really matter what policies he enacts right now? In a year's time, the Karzai regime will be run out of Kabul and Afghanistan will be restored to Taliban rule. It's simply the political equilibrium for that country.

Back
Top Bottom