What's new

Afghan president dismisses Pakistani training offer

self contradiction , if you were not 'worried' then why 'pray' for a change ? :cheesy:

Look after the 300 million poverty stricken indians and forget about getting one up on Pakistan , your anti-Pakistan investments in afgahnistan with fetch you no ROI , unfortuantley

I think you are reading selectively what you like....I have already mentioned after kandahar Hijacking. Does it make sense?
Regards

Give it sometime. Let the US & Nato forces get out of Afghanistan, and then we'll see how long he lasts.

The fact remains that he is openly anti-Pakistan, and takes every opportunity to let the world know. He says all this crap about how we don't do enough to combat terrorism. When we try to take steps to ensure that terrorists don't crossover from their side, Karzai "lambasts" our plans.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6214513.stm

I can't wait for the day that he has to fend for himself with all the 'help' he's currently getting. And I have a feeling that day isn't too far.

I mean, he talks with US supervision, so whatever he says is like what the USA is saying.

And I actually agree with what he said in that link you provided, that will not help yet will create an uproar in our Pashtun community in Pak And Afg.

I mean, he talks with US supervision, so whatever he says is like what the USA is saying.

And I actually agree with what he said in that link you provided, that will not help yet will create an uproar in our Pashtun community in Pak And Afg.

That might be true. The decision might not have been very popular with the Pashtun community, but IMO it would have reduced the flow of terrorists from Afghanistan, and make it easier for us to corner them and kill them from our side, instead of them crossing over to Afghanistan.

This is off-topic though. The point I was making was that Karzai is a huge nuisance, to put it simply, and I don't think he's going to be in power for very long.

That might be true. The decision might not have been very popular with the Pashtun community, but IMO it would have reduced the flow of terrorists from Afghanistan, and make it easier for us to corner them and kill them from our side, instead of them crossing over to Afghanistan.

This is off-topic though. The point I was making was that Karzai is a huge nuisance, to put it simply, and I don't think he's going to be in power for very long.

I agree with you. I visit this Pashtun website, pashtunforums.com and everyone there hates him, so it shows that the popular view of pashtuns is not in his favor he is a puppet.

but i agree with u.

India supported it?

yes, during the Soviet Union era Pakistan and India chose sides. India chose the SU and We chose the Americans.

India was up to its eyeballs deep involved with the Soviet Union going even as far as offering them a naval base in secret. ISI found out and leaked it to the Americans and the Indians backpeddled.

This is another very BIG reason for the Indian love affair with the Karzai.

If you guys remember, prior to 2001 Afghanistan was divided into two sections. The people we see in power now (KARZAI) were the Northern Alliance .............. DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER THAT?

The Northern Alliance were in the small North Eastern region of Afghanistan which was still favorable to the Russians. Which is why everyone in the western world didnt trust them.

When the Americans went into Afghanistan in 2001 they simply helped the Northern Alliance take over Afghanistan and the people we see in power are THOSE Northern Alliance people who favored Soviet/Russians in the past and had interests in line with Indo-Russia.

Pakistan didnt favor Northern Alliance at that time hence they dont want to favor Pakistan now they are in power.

Last edited:
^But Afghanistan has always been ruled by Pashtuns, And Pakistan always supported Pashtuns, NA was just a group who thought they could rule Afghanistan and the Taliban with the help of the U.S.A and Pakistan put them in check. To a point where their commander even got killed.

That is interesting.

I think its good that Pakistan stays away from Afghan National Army.

Afghan National Army are almost all Tajiks, Uzbeks, and Hazaras, theres no Pashtuns in the Afghan National Army. Afghan Taliban is mostly Pashtun.

Pashtuns are the warrior race, even Pakistanis call Pathans the warrior race.

Afghan National Army will never succeed if they dont have Pashtuns serving in the army.

^But Afghanistan has always been ruled by Pashtuns, And Pakistan always supported Pashtuns, NA was just a group who thought they could rule Afghanistan and the Taliban with the help of the U.S.A and Pakistan put them in check. To a point where their commander even got killed.

That is interesting.

yes and thats why we didnt favor the NA. even though they were right next to nwfp they cut themselves off from Pak and rest of Afghanistan.

When the Americans went in, they needed someone to take over the power in the country so they gave it to NA. and by doing that the people Americans put in power will listen to the Americans. so two birds with one stone.

I think its good that Pakistan stays away from Afghan National Army.

Afghan National Army are almost all Tajiks, Uzbeks, and Hazaras, theres no Pashtuns in the Afghan National Army. Afghan Taliban is mostly Pashtun.

Pashtuns are the warrior race, even Pakistanis call Pathans the warrior race.

Afghan National Army will never succeed if they dont have Pashtuns serving in the army.

Not to mention Pashtun are the majority in Afghanistan. How can they have a National Army without people who make up the majority population?

This is why I think Pakistan and Afghanistan are forever linked. Through the Pashtun.

Not to mention Pashtun are the majority in Afghanistan. How can they have a National Army without people who make up the majority population?

This is why I think Pakistan and Afghanistan are forever linked. Through the Pashtun.

Pashtuns do not want to serve for an Army they are unhappy with and they do not want to be associated with people who dislike them.

There is a famous video on Youtube that has Ahmad Shah Masood watching his commanders ranting about Pashtuns saying They have no status, They are nomads and etc.

So Pashtuns from Afghanistan have always loved Pakistan and I know this because I have lived in Karachi for long time. Pashtuns will not join a pre-dominant Tajik.

In Pakistan, Pashtuns from the border area wether it be Pakistan or Afghanistan they love both countries however, Pashtuns have never really been enemies with Tajiks, for example, plenty of Pashtuns learned Dari to be hospital with Tajiks yet Tajiks neevr want to speak Pashto.

In fact, I can tell from several interactions with Tajiks, that they make fun of us Pashtuns from pakistan for no reason, they post fake videos on youtube saying its pashtuns, they say all pashtuns are homosexual.

so when an ethnic group talks that way, i from pakistan can understand why my brothers across the durrand are so salty towards them.

Long live Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Most of the members here register with fake accounts and say they are afghan pashtun, believe me guys when you see a real afghan pashtun they are the same exact tthing like us pakistani pashtuns, same culture, they speak the same language and we have the same ancestory too. they love pakistan, dont fall for these trolls here.

Like I told members here earlier, if you truly want to see how pashtuns are, you can visit their forums at pashtunforums.com I found out about this website from there, and as a Pakistani citizen I must say, I am impressed with the level of hospatality the brothers across the border offered me.

I just dont want India in our affairs.

you should start with India who supported the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan which turned it into what it is today.

jeeez, talk about a hippocratic tongue.

India neither supported occupation of afghanistan by soviet nor USA. India never intervened and if you know so much about it do enlighten us.

Heck people here even have problem with anybody wishing peace in Afghanistan. what a hypocrites and they claim themselves to be the brothers of Afghans?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom