What's new

Afghan Army to train in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have a point and Im thinking that the future of Afghanistan will certainly involve some kind of reconciliation with the Taliban. Now if that happens what kinda future will ANA have knowing how much anti-Indian Taliban are. I dont see this as a good idea for ANA to be trained by Indians!

Brother, trust deficit between afghanistan and pakistan is the highest despite the fact that you hosted milions of afghans, you are muslims just like us, you are our neighbour and other issues too, i know pakistani friends always BLAME us, but not everyting is our fault!! Have you ever asked once that what should have pakistan or shouldnt have pakistan done in the past/present to have had good relations and understanding with us? Indians are not our neighbour, they are hindu(majority) and we are muslims, but understanding and trust is very high, public opinon is hugely in their favour, what is the secret? what can pakistan do to engage in a much better relationship with afghanistan? i dont think bullying and snobish attitude will help you, it will even drive afghans further and further from pakistan and alienate them. None of the ethnic groups of afghanistan trust pakistan, Tajiks and other ethnics have been aleniated intentially by pakistan, pashtons on the other hand dont like pakistan either, so what has gone wrong? what should pakistan do to put a better image of itself among the public in afghanistan, what has pakistan done that they were not supposed to do? certainly supporting and creating militia groups dont help you, once there is peace and proper gov, the militias like taliban will vanish automatically, and then what for pakistan? But if you think that pakistan will make sure to keep the fighting and insecurity alive in afghanistna to keep its card playing, i can tell you that insecurity in afghanistan will directly affet your security in paksitan, we are seeing it now and we will see it in the future. It looks like you talk very confidently about the taliban to be under the circle of your influence, believe it or not, they are not friends of pakistan either although they get help from pakistan.

Last edited:
and if it werent for Pak .. Afghanistan wd probably be still ruled by soviets! Is that how we screwed up?

Trust me it was much better, at least we wouldnt have suffered from death and destruction for the last 30 years, our country has gone to dust, our kids, men, women, elderly people are getting killed, we are hungry, dont have schools/hospitals, thanks to the fight against the russians. every houshold is most likely to have lost at least one of their members in this long term conflict. we physically fought the russians(soviets) in our own soil, but fruit was eaten by the west and paksitan.

ANA is trained in Indian military academies for years. Its good choice for them. Indian military has long tradition of discipline, effective training in CI and bravery. In long history of IA there was not single coup while its often among other armies in this region. I think for a soldier its best practice, first rule and his duty to obey his superior whether civilian or military.

I PREFER PAKISTANI RULE. :cheers:

And you don't want Afghans to rule themselves!

You sure are a funny guy.

How would you like it if i said 'PREFER TALIBAN RULE ON PAKISTAN'.
Because that is stupid as well.

Let Afghans rule Afghanistan!
Let Pakistanis rule Pakistan!
That's good enough for the rest of the world.

In my opinion if CIA drones are taking out ppl like baitullah Mehsood and teh likes then I dont see anything wrong with it! BTW I do hope u no these drones are carried out with the consent of PA!

Obama is not shying away u fool..if u read the news lately Kashmir is very much back on the agenda... why do u think ur gov is back on the dialouge process?! precisely due to nudges from the Obama admin!

with regards to nepal and what not I justt gota say this.. provide me a link please cuz i cant comprehend what u are saying! Are there any sane Indians around here who are not fed by local jingoistic press?!

With regards to Aid... We are fighting a war for the west.. why shdnt we ask for money from them in return.. again I see no problem with that! begging or blackmailing whatever .. it still does not answer my question that ur (great as per you) country is also plagued with the same menace we have over which u have no control at all! So please kindly keep ur Jingoism to yourself esp on our forums!

Adios.

Every other american ,UN British French and what not President or Prime minister just requests us,and all these talks are nothing...

Let me tell u ..

As we talk dozens of military operations are going on the norders..
The work on the Dams of the border areas are in full swing..
Seperatists are being punished.. and what not
Kashmir(IOC) is out of the External world's control:azn: here there is only one's rule Indian constitution and if some body dis obeys then AFSPA:mps:

Tell me another stories for CIA withe PA's consent and all ...heard a lot about that.The fact is if CIA want it can even bomb Islamabad and ur gov will say it was in consent with PA..

ANA is trained in Indian military academies for years. Its good choice for them. Indian military has long tradition of discipline, effective training in CI and bravery. In long history of IA there was not single coup while its often among other armies in this region. I think for a soldier its best practice, first rule and his duty to obey his superior whether civilian or military.

Afghanistan has histories of coup. The first military ruler of Pakistan was graduated at Sandhurst but that did not prevent a military coup. The reason India never had a military coup has to do with Indian political culture which is not tribal and feudal and a strong sense of Indian nationalism instead of tribal loyalty.

Afghanistan has histories of coup. The first military ruler of Pakistan was graduated at Sandhurst but that did not prevent a military coup. The reason India never had a military coup has to do with Indian political culture which is not tribal and feudal and a strong sense of Indian nationalism instead of tribal loyalty.

I don't really know why India never faced a coup, I think 20 years stewardship by Neheru did the trick, bad for Pakistan Jinnah died a premature death.

As for Afghanistan, I do feel bad watching the sorry state of affair been carried out there. I read one travelogue of Afghanistan by Syed Mujtaba Ali written when he was appointed there as royal teacher, I don't know if an English version is available. From his description Afghans are religious folks but not the ones who would impose their believe upon others. Taliban ideology really has to demise!

I don't really know why India never faced a coup, I think 20 years stewardship by Neheru did the trick, bad for Pakistan Jinnah died a premature death.

As for Afghanistan, I do feel bad watching the sorry state of affair been carried out there. I read one travelogue of Afghanistan by Syed Mujtaba Ali written when he was appointed there as royal teacher, I don't know if an English version is available. From his description Afghans are religious folks but not the ones who would impose their believe upon others. Taliban ideology really has to demise!

Before the cold war turned to a hot war in our country and our soil, people were not familiar with extremism. As i said befroe, we shouldnt have fought the soviets, that was the start of our all miseries.

Before the cold war turned to a hot war in our country and our soil, people were not familiar with extremism. As i said befroe, we shouldnt have fought the soviets, that was the start of our all miseries.

I agree with you. Corrupted and greedy warlords , tribal leaders could not resist the temptation of billions of petro dollar. This is all about money and power where religion is used as a template.

A fair election and a good Afghan Army with current extreme corruption, not in near future.

I think we should send some of those LCAs for the Afghan Air Force and if possible some of those PAK-FA too in later stages...That will be helpful in carrying out missions against the talibans and in the same time we can also gain some real-time operational experience of using LCA...Crazy idea though,as India is mostly concentrating on economic development and rebuilding projects there like that of the Salma dam..But again,thats just an idea.If ANA soldiers can be trained in India then why cant we provide other forms of support???

I think we should send some of those LCAs for the Afghan Air Force and if possible some of those PAK-FA too in later stages...That will be helpful in carrying out missions against the talibans and in the same time we can also gain some real-time operational experience of using LCA...Crazy idea though,as India is mostly concentrating on economic development and rebuilding projects there like that of the Salma dam..But again,thats just an idea.If ANA soldiers can be trained in India then why cant we provide other forms of support???

India has experience in training other Air forces like they trained Sadam's Air force but to make a air force from nothing is not easy ($$$) hardware, training for technicians, Spares , ground support and then Pilot training. Afghans can't out source all these like rich Arab countries :lol:

Last edited:
To Mr. Cynic Waheed,

It makes sense what you say with regards to our hands being full for now. But I I wdnt mind ANA being trained by China for that mattar. My argument is why India?

China has refused to make any military commitments or anything related to military at all in Asia except its own territory. This automatically leaves India as the second most stable and militarily capable country in the region and with its credentials as the largest democracy, the world community sees it as the only country capable of doing that without hassle.

From a neutral perspective, India makes a very good alternative to China in case the latter is not interested to stabilize the region militarily or offer any military contribution.

Besides, you are telling what you won't mind because China is a strategic partner to your country. However, Afghan government has to see what options it has for the country it governs.

As per reports, the Indians seem to be the largest economic contributors to Afghanistan outside ISAF countries and naturally with a huge aid especially from a newly industrialized country with its own poor people to feed, would have more of a charitable appeal to Afghan government than our European countries who are already better off than Asian countries.

When we know what is likely to happen to ANA and you have acknowledged in your post that Asia is a sensitive place then why make it more sensitive by allowing ANA to be trained by our precieved enemies?

Afghanistan is a sovereign country and not a territory of Pakistan. Its decisions are solely upto its own government's wish and perspectives. Your enemies might not necessarily be Afghanistan's enemies. Also, they would tend to trust a country more who has actually been engaging in infrastructural development that trickles down to common people of Afghanistan (I don't know if you have read but lots of UN reports state the contribution and also many international newspapers including CNN, FOX news, Reuters and BBC have reported it) rather than military-to-military developments as you propose which would have no effect on the down-trodden there.

For instance, Russia had been a threat to United States throughout the Cold War. However, they were nothing to us as we have been always neutral and non-involved in military alignments and therefore Russia could even be our economic partner regardless to our position being that of a Western capitalist country.

Oh and You have missed Russia - Georgia in Europe and also Turkey-Israel recently .. (which some here in the UK consider as more Europeans than Asians!)

Russia-Georgia was a 3 day conflict that lasted before anyone could blink. It didn't involve in hundreds of thousands of troops engaging each other with bombers sending each other's countries to stone age. Which was expected due to Russia's sheer military might and Georgia's impracticality.

Turkey whether they consider it or not are Eurasians--a bridge between us and Asia. So the conflict is not considered continent specific and as Israel is also a middle Eastern country, the issue has been restricted to Middle East and as far as I know, the region is again in Asia.

BTW I do hope you also know it is precisely because of European policies in the 19th century which is why most of the Asia is ridden with this menace. Be it India-Pakistan or Israel-Palestine!

Blaming outsiders is easy while admitting one's own mistake is not. Outsiders'job is to extract benefit out of another person. It is upto the person not to be fooled. Naturally you won't be offering me your house if I plan to break your family as a murderous war between your father and you, isn't it?

Your situation with Indians is simply on the notion that you wanted another country in the name of religion (which is a popular concept on this forum). How was Europe to be blamed when all colonial powers were about to leave?

Countries founded on theocratic principles don't last long especially when that religion is spread over 3 continents, contains people of so many races and cultures and still desires to expand on political lines and concepts. It then breaks away as a religious and political order and becomes a moral concept rather than a political doctrine.

Regarding Israel and Palestine, the Palestinians made similar mistake when the British were about to leave. So how exactly is Europe at fault because of the mistakes your leaders made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom