What's new

Af-Pak annual trade volume dropped from $2.5 bln to $0.7

Pakistan literally had monopoly on the Afghan market but they blew it away because of their sheer ignorance and attitude. Now they can cry refugees, terrorism all they want, it's a loss of a billion dollars in foreign reserves hard cash. Good for India and Iran though.

The thing is nobody is crying. Yes you are dancing and all that. Short live celebrations. We all know that.

But none of us are crying.

Less economic interests and stakes means Pakistan less interested in peace and stability of Afghanistan, after all we will not have anything to lose or gain. For now, fencing and control of border, and sending back Afghans should be the highest priority along with same standard of revenge of every attack like we have on eastern border.

Last edited:
Mortal enemies India and pakistan have done more trade. I don't understand the logic why pak and Astan need to close down trade.

Pakistan literally had monopoly on the Afghan market but they blew it away because of their sheer ignorance and attitude. Now they can cry refugees, terrorism all they want, it's a loss of a billion dollars in foreign reserves hard cash. Good for India and Iran though.

The trade between them is miniscule when cpec is taken to account

Better leave them like that

Less economic interests and stakes means Pakistan less interested in peace and stability of Afghanistan, after all we will not have nothing lose or gain. For now, fencing and control of border, and sending back Afghans should be the highest priority along with same standard of revenge of every attack like we have on eastern border.

Agreed. The security of Pakistan takes priority over all things. One of the most greatest aspect that hit the trade between Pakistan and Afghanistan has been the fencing and security. The strictness of visa policy and fencing and gates has obstructed the free trade atmosphere and the constant attacks which saw border closure happen continuously was obviously going to have a negative effect.

2billion trade loss is very much acceptable to make sure the days of 2009 never return and the border is fenced and secured. That takes priority.

Let's face it. Afghanistan has hated us since our inception. Its madness has always interfered in our matters, it has invaded us in the 60s and it stands the only country that allowed two super powers to walk in and claim its sovereignty just to hit pakistan only to see them fail. The million dead in this 40 year old civil war is nobody's fault but Afghanistan's. To this day it stands divided and broken.

Quite frankly we should hurry up with the fence. No matter what the cost...

Between you and me. I would trust India far more. There is mad hatred in Afghanistan. India is far better and alot more reasonable. I say recover the billion from india by enhancing trade with them. :p

The trade between them is miniscule when cpec is taken to account

Better leave them like that
Indians are targeting their exports and remittance,if you see major chunk of these two happen with only few countries and you can see the last few years and see both are coming down

We will not stop.fencing the border. I wish this trade comes to 0 so that we will hve zero tolerance policy against afghanistan. They can have their trade with iran and india from chahbahar if they can afford.

Trade is good but not at the cost of terrorist attacks. Can't have both.

Especially when the northern alliance leadership openly spew against you and actually support terrorists emanating from their soil.

Until ties improve, Pakistans duty is to protect its citizens over and above any proxy trade.

Good to see Pakistan is putting security before money. You'll make more more money in the long run anyway due to increased security and creating a stability to attract investment.

That would be beyond your auqat. But still we wish that you manage to do so.

Try... let's see your guts

Pakistan is very happy we want you sucked in. It's where empires go to die.

we're not there to occupy them or enforce our policy on them which Pakistan did and trying. We're only interested in trade.... the minerals

Try... let's see your guts

we're not there to occupy them or enforce our policy on them which Pakistan did and trying. We're only interested in trade.... the minerals
no my simple neighbor. you are probably a good person that still believes that the politicians are people who have your interest at heart. in fact every politician globally is a trained liar and lies until he achieves his personal goal. you will see later on how the afghans will kill your people in afghanistan. why do you think Pakistan doesnt cross the border even though we have the same Pushtoons who are Pakistani.

Good news. Now seal the border, expel the millions of Afghan refugees to either Afghanistan or to India via Wagah border.

Good for us now we can fence the boarder and mine it too....plz take back your shitty refugees

India bangladesh border is fenced. Still there beliteral trade is 7-8 billion dollars a year. Only a fool will need decline in trade to justify fencing. Both are as separate as sun and earth.

Sher malang just do us a favour and take back your refugee afghan beggers.just have some self respect and take these sgit back pls.then close the boarder permanently for forever.I dont want see any afghan haramkhoor on my soil.

Discuss trade. Refugees are here since 1979. Its our stupidity that they are still here but again, that isn't the topic.

Which means Afghanistan is losing big time. Pakistan hardly cares about what comes and goes into A'stan.

Talking about trade. Our exports are down to 15-16 billion dollars. Every penny matters sir.

India bangladesh border is fenced. Still there beliteral trade is 7-8 billion dollars a year. Only a fool will need decline in trade to justify fencing. Both are as separate as sun and earth.

Discuss trade. Refugees are here since 1979. Its our stupidity that they are still here but again, that isn't the topic.

Talking about trade. Our exports are down to 15-16 billion dollars. Every penny matters sir.
Bangladesh is not suffering terrorist from india. We are from afghanistan and no 1-2 billion is nothing to compare for security and lives of our people. Now india can send shipment in afghanistan.let them have a taste. We are protecting what is of highest priority.

Bangladesh is not suffering terrorist from india. We are from afghanistan and no 1-2 billion is nothing to compare for security and lives of our people. Now india can send shipment in afghanistan.let them have a taste. We are protecting what is of highest priority.

Ok. Now as trade is declining on fast pace. I am expecting no more terrorist attacks and its blaim on afghanistan. If we can 'really' stop infiltration by reducing trade and fencing. Good luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom