What's new

Af-Pak annual trade volume dropped from $2.5 bln to $0.7

Mortal enemies India and pakistan have done more trade. I don't understand the logic why pak and Astan need to close down trade.

How can we have high trade with a country that claims half of our country on a state level?

Pakistan implemented security measures to check cargo and civillians, in order to prevent Afghan based militants crossing. In a retarded revenge move, they instituted a slew of dumb measures including banning our trade to transit their country. Their country has historically been the trade hub in the region, so its ridiculous for them to implement something like that.

Its not like we are being unreasonable, our security efforts have resulted in one of the worlds most successful reduction in terrorist incidents. The TTP has pretty much been eradicated here, and the yearly deaths went from 12,000 to the current 1100.

Sure we lose out a bit. It's all for our security, it's worth it not to have terrorists crossing over from ungoverned Afghanistan.

I fail to find relation between suspended trade and security. The 2 Billion dollar trade is a legal/documented trade that happens at legitimate border crossing with full checks and measures. Even if you fence the border the trade can still go on through these crossings. And even then fence are no effective countermeasures against humans(super effective for cattles). Terrorists can/will and always have jumped the fences at secluded places. They are not bringing SAMs with them that will require roads. They just need to walk over a hill with a RPG or AK. Look at US-Mexico border. US with all the resources and money cannot stop Mexicans from jumping over. Fences are useless if a person wants to cross. And security patrols can't be everywhere at the same time.

So what is the connection between halted trade and security?

Seriously, your minds are still stuck in medieval period..
In 21st century Economy is everything...!
Says a cow vigalanty. Man I have been to India. Motorways come to a standstill but won't move the cow. And it's our minds in medevil times. Grow up. This is like the isolation of Pakistan story and then the surgical strike story and then there was the air corridor now the port. The first three failed and like arjun and tejas this will fail. One shipment doesn't make it a success.

You Indians are so stupid. It's only a matter of time before the taliban start looting your trucks. :lol:

That will also be on ISI orders.:rolleyes:

Pakistanis would be so dumb to do that.... Don't you think we know where to hurt ??!!:lol:

Yes like today's reports from your politicians that you can take Kashmir any time. All bull hai g fed to lemmings. Pakistan is a land impossible to rule that why NATO didn't dare. India .... No point even mentioning.

Wow.... Did you seriously mentioned a politicians regarding this issue?!! Very wise :rofl:

Ya that's why Pakistani s got too scared and developed a tactical nuke:lol::lol:

Pakistanis would be so dumb to do that.... Don't you think we know where to hurt ??!!:lol:

Wow.... Did you seriously mentioned a politicians regarding this issue?!! Very wise :rofl:

Ya that's why Pakistani s got too scared and developed a tactical nuke:lol::lol:

No. You don't. :lol:

And you are so scared that you will be borrow and kiss anyone's *** to get fighter aircraft tanks and even toilet paper from abroad but put a make in India label on it. Glad you reconiged that we developed tactical nukes. And the reason for tahtbis there are so many cockroaches that it better to kill them in one go. We will save you the firewood for burning your bodies as well. They will be ash Hythe time any survivors get to them. Have a nice day and don't stress.

LOL who would want to engage in trade with the largest narcotic producer in the universe?

Keep the border shut and kick out Afghans. We don't want trade or relations with a snake nation.

We are too busy with CPEC.

I fail to find relation between suspended trade and security. The 2 Billion dollar trade is a legal/documented trade that happens at legitimate border crossing with full checks and measures. Even if you fence the border the trade can still go on through these crossings. And even then fence are no effective countermeasures against humans(super effective for cattles). Terrorists can/will and always have jumped the fences at secluded places. They are not bringing SAMs with them that will require roads. They just need to walk over a hill with a RPG or AK. Look at US-Mexico border. US with all the resources and money cannot stop Mexicans from jumping over. Fences are useless if a person wants to cross. And security patrols can't be everywhere at the same time.

So what is the connection between halted trade and security?

We have been hearing this blah blah blah for decades now. What has Afghanistan to offer apart from opium and AK-47? Afghanistan has nothing to offer in trade apart from refugees and opium. That's the only trade Afghanistan knows.

Pakistan has absolutely nothing to gain from trading with Afghanistan. Zero gain.

How can you be so sure that securing and fencing a border against a hostile nation has no desired impact? A fence is a tremendous aid in preventing terror attacks and narcotics smuggling emanating from Afghanistan.

Also, Pakistan is using the fence to send multiple messages across the border. Afghanistan is under the illusion that parts of Pakistani regions belong to them. The fence serves as a stark reminder that Afghanistan is weak and pathetic. It can't do anything about its claims because Pakistan will fence, mark and protect its areas at will.

Besides, even if the fence prevents just one attack it is worth the hassle. A fence is just one aspect of securing the borders. Pakistan will rely on many solutions to curb instability on the other side of the borders. Comparing the Mexican US border with Pakistan Afghanistan border is like comparing apples with oranges.

Last edited:
Pakistan has absolutely nothing to gain from trading with Afghanistan. Zero gain.

Afghanistan export next to nothing of value. Almost all of that 2 Billion was the money flowing into Pakistan. So you were gaining 2 Billion dollars per year.

How can you be so sure that securing and fencing a border against a hostile nation has no desired impact? A fence is a tremendous aid in preventing terror attacks and narcotics smuggling emanating from Afghanistan.

I can be sure because I have seen it happen all over the world. I have seen videos of Bangladeshis smuggling cows over two layer barbed wire fence. Militants still get into Indian side of Kashmir through similar fences. And narcotics still flows into US like a river totally unaffected by fence/wall. And Palestinians have mastered the art of making fences useless.

Also, Pakistan is using the fence to send multiple messages across the border. Afghanistan is under the illusion that parts of Pakistani regions belong to them. The fence serves as a stark reminder that Afghanistan is weak and pathetic. It can't do anything about its claims because Pakistan will fence, mark and protect its areas at will.

Has Indian fence in Kashmir been effective in sending "the message" to Pakistan over all these years? How will this be any different.

good news lets make it 0.00 and seal border go to hell trade we need peace first

Says a cow vigalanty. Man I have been to India. Motorways come to a standstill but won't move the cow. And it's our minds in medevil times. Grow up. This is like the isolation of Pakistan story and then the surgical strike story and then there was the air corridor now the port. The first three failed and like arjun and tejas this will fail. One shipment doesn't make it a success.
As I said...you're stuck with cows,arjun and tejas...which are no way related to the thread!

India bangladesh border is fenced. Still there beliteral trade is 7-8 billion dollars a year. Only a fool will need decline in trade to justify fencing. Both are as separate as sun and earth.

Discuss trade. Refugees are here since 1979. Its our stupidity that they are still here but again, that isn't the topic.

Talking about trade. Our exports are down to 15-16 billion dollars. Every penny matters sir.
Don't quote me with ur stupid ideas. We need to fence and mine border and correct our house first than we can do trade as well.and shitty afg refugees are namak haram peoples we need to deport them first.

No one gives a F**K of Af- Pak trade. Pakistan should concentrate of exporting to serious buyers who are many. Afghanistan is nothing but a country full of trash & Indian paid wh*res.

Afghanistan export next to nothing of value. Almost all of that 2 Billion was the money flowing into Pakistan. So you were gaining 2 Billion dollars per year.

I can be sure because I have seen it happen all over the world. I have seen videos of Bangladeshis smuggling cows over two layer barbed wire fence. Militants still get into Indian side of Kashmir through similar fences. And narcotics still flows into US like a river totally unaffected by fence/wall. And Palestinians have mastered the art of making fences useless.

Has Indian fence in Kashmir been effective in sending "the message" to Pakistan over all these years? How will this be any different.

The 2 billion is peanuts compared to the terror and drugs being smuggled into our borders. India has utilized the border area to its advantage by sending over Afghan suicide bombers. We are not going to allow that anymore. Afghanistan has no trade potential. Afghanistan is a failed narcotic state where the government doesn’t even control 10% of the territory. You want Pakistan to trade with such a nation?

You haven’t read my previous post quite well. The purpose of building this fence is manifold. It is not only meant to secure and mark the border, but also flex muscle and let the Afghans know who owns this place. Basically, it is about getting the message across. Do something about it if you can.

The Afghans resorted to shelling after we started fencing the border. We returned the favor and the Afghans now understand the score. It will be an eye for an eye.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom