What's new

AESA Equipped Pakistani JF-17 Fighters Coming to Israel’s Border? Egyptian Air Force Shows Interest

Please address my concerns:

1. Report is from Moscow, not Egypt and are the views of a Think Tank over EAF procurement of Mig-29/35

2. No-where does it say a Light weight fighter is EAF requirement.

3. The requirement mentioned by analyst is of a multi role fighter, which Mig-29 fits properly. Furthermore its said that Mig-29 carries more weaponry than F-16 and similar to Rafale.

4. Russia seems to be a committed supplier as per the report. So diplomatically there won't be any issues of spares, logistics etc.The report doesn't mention ToT.

5. I reckon JF-17 offers AESA and maybe ToT, but EAF has tilted towards Mig-29 already. High end Fighter: Rafale. Mid-tier- Mig 29 and Low to mid tier- F-16. EAF already maintains F-16 as single engined jet and has jumped towards double engined as new procurement.
There are also around 70 Mirage V.. add it to the Mig-21 and J-7 and you see that 160 lightweight fighter have to be replaced somehow.. Rafales to replace the Mirage 2000 and the F-4s and Mig-35 to replace the oldest F-16s in a defensive role..yet they are Multirole,..and all these are Medium-weight fighters.. which still leaves 160 old lightweight fighter to be replaced..

There are also around 70 Mirage V.. add it to the Mig-21 and J-7 and you see that 160 lightweight fighter have to be replaced somehow.. Rafales to replace the Mirage 2000 and the F-4s and Mig-35 to replace the oldest F-16s in a defensive role..yet they are Multirole,..and all these are Medium-weight fighters.. which still leaves 160 old lightweight fighter to be replaced..
Bhai,

Mirage-V, Mig-21 and F-7 being light weight having to be replaced with a light weight fighter aircraft OR that EAF needs a LWF is your categorization, not EAF's. I would have been hopeful about JF-17 in EAF had i seen EAF's statement on inducting a LWF.

Bhai,

Mirage-V, Mig-21 and F-7 being light weight having to be replaced with a light weight fighter aircraft OR that EAF needs a LWF is your categorization, not EAF's. I would have been hopeful about JF-17 in EAF had i seen EAF's statement on inducting a LWF.
It is my personal assessment based on the interest EAF has shown for the JF-17 since 2009.. I even think it is a requirement..given two facts, first that Usrael operates more than 1000 fighters and second, there is no other LWF in the world other than the JF-17..the rest are at best advanced trainers.. but we better wait and see..
There are also news/rumours about Pakistan being interested in 30 retired Egyptian Mirage-V..

Last edited:
This is actually depressive :(
Not really, they are good attack planes that Pakistan can upgrade or use as spare parts.. do you know how many of them Pakistan operates in fairly good conditions? and they have longer range and more payload than the JF -17..so why not?

Not really, they are good attack planes that Pakistan can upgrade or use as spare parts.. do you know how many of them Pakistan operates in fairly good conditions? and they have longer range and more payload than the JF -17..so why not?
This fighter is good, im not arguing on this, but its old now and the depressing part is not letting go of Mirage-III and Mirage-V. I am waiting for that to happen.

This fighter is good, im not arguing on this, but its old now and the depressing part is not letting go of Mirage-III and Mirage-V. I am waiting for that to happen.
They need a good replacement..but what is on the market today?

The frames of those 70 Mirage-V's will be used on Rose-II and Rose-III Mirage-V's of PAF's premier attack formations.

They need a good replacement..but what is on the market today?
All this has been discussed to death any way. Cost being the major issue.
SU-35, SU-34, EF2000, FC-20.

Pakistan needs to setup military base in egypt to detter any israeli aggression against Muslim world

Pakistan needs to setup military base in egypt to detter any israeli aggression against Muslim world
Actually Egypt is very powerful.. it only needs some nukes for deterrence sake..Usrael after the 1973 nightmare war.. will never dare to provoke Egypt .. it needs to have the US 100% support on its side, but that is not possible nowadays either, since Egypt is a US strategic ally too..

The frames of those 70 Mirage-V's will be used on Rose-II and Rose-III Mirage-V's of PAF's premier attack formations.

All this has been discussed to death any way. Cost being the major issue.
SU-35, SU-34, EF2000, FC-20.
But now we are jumping from LWF to HWF and MWF.. which of these will be the best replacement?

Good idea of military base .
But you need strong economy for that .
Better fix your economy first which is in dire straits.

Last edited:
by the way Morocco and Sudan has also shown interest in buying JF -17... given the number of interest shown by all the African countries, i will not be surprised to see JF -17 running taxi service in Africa soon..
Better than no service at all and being towed on a back of a truck. Indian airforce now doesnt want the canopy on the tejas...fact is they dont want the tejas but is being forced to take it.

Actually Egypt is very powerful.. it only needs some nukes for deterrence sake..Usrael after the 1973 nightmare war.. will never dare to provoke Egypt .. it needs to have the US 100% support on its side, but that is not possible nowadays either, since Egypt is a US strategic ally too..

But now we are jumping from LWF to HWF and MWF.. which of these will be the best replacement?
Ohh you are asking for EAF ? Sorry i thought we started discussing PAF.

EAF seems to be sticking to Mig-35 and Rafale.

Ohh you are asking for EAF ? Sorry i thought we started discussing PAF.

EAF seems to be sticking to Mig-35 and Rafale.
I am asking for PAF..EAF got the Migs and Rafales, but they are not enough in numbers to replace 160 lightweight fighter out of service or soon to be..

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom