What's new

Aero India 2021 Thread: News & Discussions

who would have be;ieved tejas would build this eco sysyem

Many believed the LCA program was necessary, the stepping stone or the foundation on which technologies would be developed, brought into production, and bring larger numbers of private players into the picture to bring exponential growth.

Those who knew that imports and licensed production would bring only know-how but not know-why and without that we would never be able to leap to the latest generation in house.

For all those who kept saying that the LCA is a failed project, the facts on the ground didn't matter. It is now visible. There is so much going on that it's hard to even keep track of developments.

Just check out the missile programs..it's mind boggling, the number of programs that DRDO has right now. They cover everything from short range to intercontinental ballistic missiles, Submarine launched ballistic missiles, ATGMs, MANPADs, AShW missiles, SAMs, drone killers, BVRAAMs, WVRAAM, NG-ARMs, PGMs, ALCMs, etc..it's truly astonishing.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
Quite an exciting time to be an Indian defense enthusiast. We need to pick up our game fast or we"ll be left behind. I know I sound like a prophet of doom, which nobody likes, but I'm genuinely afraid for our future. We need a robust economy.
I agree. The only weakness in India is an embarrassment of riches or options. Pakistan can definitely get its economy in order (a huge market, plenty of skills at home and abroad, etc), but our obstacle is governance.

We fix our governance and instill a good work-ethic and killer-instinct in our leadership, we'll look a lot better very quickly. Unfortunately, I don't see a sea change on that front based on the current environment.

Aero India is a show of plastic models and computer renderings for mental masterbation of a country
So is every defence exhibition in any part of the world.

USAF testing India’s indigenous ACID system!
1612454502958.jpeg

ns is an Indian aerospace company.

Aero India is a show of plastic models and computer renderings for mental masterbation of a country
And these are not plastic models.
1612454757174.jpeg

Last edited:
Where are the foreign participants.
We don't see aircraft from all the potential sellers like Boeing, MiG, SAAB and Dassault.

We don't see aircraft from all the potential sellers like Boeing, MiG, SAAB and Dassault.
They are very well there, this time due to pandemic there has been a number of reductions and plus this year’s theme is Make in India, else there are Pratt and Whittney section pushing for F-15EX with Boeing and United Aircraft Corporation of Russia too, there is SAAB as well as MBDA and BAE. ETC ETC.

Many believed the LCA program was necessary, the stepping stone or the foundation on which technologies would be developed, brought into production, and bring larger numbers of private players into the picture to bring exponential growth.

Those who knew that imports and licensed production would bring only know-how but not know-why and without that we would never be able to leap to the latest generation in house.

For all those who kept saying that the LCA is a failed project, the facts on the ground didn't matter. It is now visible. There is so much going on that it's hard to even keep track of developments.

Just check out the missile programs..it's mind boggling, the number of programs that DRDO has right now. They cover everything from short range to intercontinental ballistic missiles, Submarine launched ballistic missiles, ATGMs, MANPADs, AShW missiles, SAMs, drone killers, BVRAAMs, WVRAAM, NG-ARMs, PGMs, ALCMs, etc..it's truly astonishing.

All designs are evolutionary. Like for LCH, once LCA was done, it was going to evolve into diffeent platforms.

I'm deeply troubled about that.

Nah, Russia offered us Tu22M3 but we didn’t purchase it as we never had a requirement, yes there are many news reports that confirm India purchased 4 Tu22M3s in past but they have never been seen with IAF colours, maybe they are present with IAF secretly just the way IAF hig the notorious MiG-25 Foxbat for almost 25 years and its existence in IAF was revealed when the Foxbats were retired, Foxbats were recommended to be acquired by our then Air Chief Marshal Idris Hassan Latif sir and Indira Gandhi government purchased them off the shelf, so maybe 4 Tu22M3s are in active service secretly or I’m just overthinking. Anyway we don’t need bombers as it is not a part of IAF doctrine.

@Indos what do you think? Malaysia’s Light Fighter Requirement Competition?
What, we know about the reconnaissance version of the Fox bat almost as soon as it was inducted. We actually had discussions in 1997 at an online forum about how a Fox bat flew over Islamabad and turned back as we at the time did not have high altitude air defence assets.
Most people agreed that if it had stayed further we would have shot it down with our assets but that thing was fast!

where do you come up with this stuff!

K

What, we know about the reconnaissance version of the Fox bat almost as soon as it was inducted. We actually had discussions in 1997 at an online forum about how a Fox bat flew over Islamabad and turned back as we at the time did not have high altitude air defence assets.
Most people agreed that if it had stayed further we would have shot it down with our assets but that thing was fast!

where do you come up with this stuff!

K

No Foxbat turned back. In fact, they generally loitered inside far longer just to screw with you guys.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
Quite an exciting time to be an Indian defense enthusiast. We need to pick up our game fast or we"ll be left behind. I know I sound like a prophet of doom, which nobody likes, but I'm genuinely afraid for our future. We need a robust economy.
Indian def industry is going to grow by leaps and bounds in this decade. Pakistan is playing catch-up as is and I doubt will be able to keep the gulf from widening more.
The US B-1B is a very serious strategic signal to China but it affects Pakistan as well. They will help India modernize and expand it's local def industry, beside just off the shelf purchases.
Tough times ahead for us in the mid to long run

Back
Top Bottom