What's new

Aero India 2021 Thread: News & Discussions

The AMCA is truly the project I was rooting for in hopes they cancel this failed project LCA. Unfortunately, they are now jeopardizing AMCA to drag the LCA on.

If you said that 6 years back, I would have agreed.

The present dispensation is in no mood to engage shenanigans of IAF & will force it to follow through AMCA, just like they did with LCA few years back.

The singed agreement for 83 LCA's is a clear indicator that the program will be built on to cater to India's needs.

1612413928143.jpeg

@Chhatrapati @Chanakyaa is it a High Altitude Pseudo Satellite?

@Chhatrapati @Chanakyaa is it a High Altitude Pseudo Satellite?
I doubt it. Especially when weaponization of space is something looked down up on.

I don't see a jet propulsion system, ailerons are pretty much useless in space (the round off)

I doubt it. Especially when weaponization of space is something looked down up on.

I don't see a jet propulsion system, ailerons are pretty much useless in space (the round off)
1612418053575.jpeg

doesn't require the trainer to actually land on carriers
The RFI Specifically mentions, the aircraft should have carrier operations capability.

Last edited:
Lol is the B-1B for you ??? its just a flyby show off
She is resting at Bangalore Airport😉.
Major defence companies now know that in terms of MMRCA India for the last 10 years has played them. Like the Indians you get in car show rooms, loving the attention from the salesman, pretending they are serious about buying, kicking the tyres than walking off quietly after the salesman gets bored of their 87th question on price.....
Can’t agree more
HAL RUAV-200🇮🇳
1612418813050.jpeg

LOL, @Yasser76 ask you guys that why there is no Boeing/LM/SAAB in aero India, so your countrymen @Zapper post stupid clip of B-1B/Tejas flying past, is USA selling B-1B to India???
1. Due to Pandemic, the no. Of exhibitors have been reduced.
2. No one said US is selling or India is buying any B1B Lancer.

LOL, @Yasser76 ask you guys that why there is no Boeing/LM/SAAB in aero India, so your countrymen @Zapperis USA selling B-1B to India???

I wonder if India would be interested if USA put up a few B-1B’s for sale.

I know.. wouldn’t happen, but I was just curious.

Also, on a personal note, I also find those bombers to be beauties.

I wonder if India would be interested if USA put up a few B-1B’s for sale.

I know.. wouldn’t happen, but I was just curious.

Also, on a personal note, I also find those bombers to be beauties.
Nah, Russia offered us Tu22M3 but we didn’t purchase it as we never had a requirement, yes there are many news reports that confirm India purchased 4 Tu22M3s in past but they have never been seen with IAF colours, maybe they are present with IAF secretly just the way IAF hig the notorious MiG-25 Foxbat for almost 25 years and its existence in IAF was revealed when the Foxbats were retired, Foxbats were recommended to be acquired by our then Air Chief Marshal Idris Hassan Latif sir and Indira Gandhi government purchased them off the shelf, so maybe 4 Tu22M3s are in active service secretly or I’m just overthinking. Anyway we don’t need bombers as it is not a part of IAF doctrine.

@Indos what do you think? Malaysia’s Light Fighter Requirement Competition?

Nah, Russia offered us Tu22M3 but we didn’t purchase it as we never had a requirement, yes there are many news reports that confirm India purchased 4 Tu22M3s in past but they have never been seen with IAF colours, maybe they are present with IAF secretly just the way IAF hig the notorious MiG-25 Foxbat for almost 25 years and its existence in IAF was revealed when the Foxbats were retired, Foxbats were recommended to be acquired by our then Air Chief Marshal Idris Hassan Latif sir and Indira Gandhi government purchased them off the shelf, so maybe 4 Tu22M3s are in active service secretly or I’m just overthinking. Anyway we don’t need bombers as it is not a part of IAF doctrine.

@Indos what do you think? Malaysia’s Light Fighter Requirement Competition?

Very informative response, thank you.

But seriously tho, You don’t think there would be at least a little bit of temptation to pick up a couple of B-1B Lancers if India had the chance to acquire them?

Back
Top Bottom