What's new

Aero India 2017

C4nBy-QXAAAqRD0.jpg

@Abingdonboy @Nilgiri @MilSpec @GORKHALI @Water Car Engineer

Now this is something Interesting

You lack one value in your dataset above to determine if the deal was redundant.
How many helos should retire before production rates fully cover retiring frames?
If that number is the same or higher than Ka-226 units gotten, the deal was sound.
Considering not a single Ka-226 is in service as of yet and won't be for the forseeable future whilst the HAL LUH will be in production from 2018 I have to stand by my comment.....the Ka-226 is redundant for India now sir.

So advice to the Indian services, you will have to drill the troops in
the removal of kit prior to boarding because they'll wreck that lovely
interior in one carry with protruding odd sharp bits!

The mock up is of the VVIP variant, I'm sure so-called "VVIPs" will treat their interiors very nicely indeed ;)

The design of the AMCA looks frozen since the
AC models at top of page by proud indian and
the one in the video by lover are identical ...
which is great.
Not really earlier model was
amcabradleyperrett-awstpromo.jpg
main-qimg-3e1ab9ee70474fa5b6f686b533f07a06

Observe at the rear near engine exhaust
this is new,......it has saw tooth like structure and an extended fuselage
upload_2017-2-14_19-53-27.png

@Abingdonboy you views
We....:dance3::dance3::dance3::guns::guns::guns::guns:....haters :blah::argh::blah::argh::blah::argh::flame:

(Right to left ) Indian defense minister Manohar Parrikar, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, and Air Chief Marshal of the Indian Airforce Birender Singh Dhanoa watch the Surya Kirans aerobatic team of the Indian Air Force during an aerial display over the skies of Yelahanka Air Force Station. (AFP)
india-aviation-air-show_9cbc07d4-f2ae-11e6-8b6e-25a65c287ec4.jpg

Indian Air Force's aerobatic team Sarang during a performance. (Shailendra Bhojak / PTI)
11th-biennial-edition-of-aero-india-2017_ab39fb7c-f2ae-11e6-8b6e-25a65c287ec4.jpg

IAF planes perform during the inauguration of Aero India show at the Yelahanka Air Force Station in Bengaluru on Tuesday. (Abhishek N. Chinnappa / REUTERS)
inauguration-bengaluru-yelahanka-station-planes-perform-during_b91b8cf6-f2ae-11e6-8b6e-25a65c287ec4.jpg

Indian Army Chief Bipin Rawat (centre), Air Force Chief Birender Singh Dhanoa (right), and Navy Chief Sunil Lanba arrive at the opening ceremony of Aero India 2017. Aero India is a biennial event with flying demonstrations by stunt teams and militaries and commercial pavilions where aviation companies display their products and technology. (AP)
bipin-rawat-birender-singh-dhanoa-sunil-lanba_88257c3e-f2a3-11e6-bee8-7b74d3637aa8.jpg

Visitors watch the Surya Kirans aerobatic team of the Indian Air Force during an aerial display over the skies of Yelahanka Air Force Station. (AFP)
india-aviation-air-show_9f0fe65a-f2a3-11e6-bee8-7b74d3637aa8.jpg

Indigenously manufactured Indian Air Force Dhruv helicopters fly over flags of participating countries at the opening ceremony of Aero India 2017 at Yelahanka air base in Bangalore. (AP)
india-aero-show_9252448a-f2a3-11e6-bee8-7b74d3637aa8.jpg

Indian Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar speaks at the opening ceremony. (Aijaz Rahi / AP)
manohar-parrikar_ed9c9fd8-f2ae-11e6-8b6e-25a65c287ec4.jpg

The full-scale mock-up of the IMRH was unveiled on February 14. To develop it as a fully certified product, however, is a totally different story, since this requires the industrial cooperation of a strategic industrial partner of foreign origin.

Below are some of the more interesting exhibits.
Combat%2BHawk%2527s%2Barmaments.jpg
DARE-developed%2BEW%2BPod.jpg

This pod (above) was earlier the subject of widespread speculation among several 'desi' internet fanboys in dubious chat-forums who were spreading a false canard about this pod being the SAP-518 from Russia.

DARE-developed%2BInternal%2BASPJ.jpg

DARE-developed%2BMAWS%2Barchitecture%2Bfor%2BSuper%2BSu-30MKI.jpg

SAR%2Bpayload%2Bfor%2BTapas%2BMALE-UAS.jpg
\\

Uttam%2BAESA-MMR-1.jpg

Uttam%2BAESA-MMR-2.jpg

Uttam%2BAESA-MMR-3.jpg

_e1fb21cc-f290-11e6-800c-c780129a337a.jpg

The first indigenously developed airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) system was handed over to the IAF on Feb 14, 2017, the first day of Aero India-2017 in Bengaluru. (HT Photo )

rmspp2015-kTDG-U102120092547NY-250x250@HT-Web.jpg

Rahul Singh
Bengaluru, Hindustan Times
manohar-parrikar_363c4ba0-f2b2-11e6-bee8-7b74d3637aa8.jpg

Defense minister Manohar Parrikar speaks at the opening ceremony of Aero India, 2017 at Yelahanka air base in Bengaluru on Tuesday.(AP Photo)

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...cing-issues/story-cIJj3Bp4i51RBkz31vjPkO.html

Defence minister Manohar Parrikar on Tuesday acknowledged that a multi-billion dollar Indian programme to co-develop a stealth fighter with Russia was facing some issues that needed to be resolved.

The minister’s comments came three days after HT reported that the fifth generation fighter aircraft (FGFA) project was facing an uncertain fate with the government deciding to set up a committee to examine how India would benefit from the programme.

“There are some issues to be addressed in terms of manufacturing, how it will be exported after the project is completed and what approvals will be required,” the minister said, responding to a question on the progress on the FGFA at Aero India-2017.

He said the ministry had constituted a team to look into various aspects of the FGFA and it was likely to submit its report within a month after which things would be finalised. A three-star officer is heading the panel.

The two countries have been discussing the project for several years but are yet to sign a $4-billion research and development (R&D) contract. India has already spent around $22 million on the preliminary design stage (PDS) of the FGFA project.

The Indian Air Force has flagged some concerns about the fighter’s design. It also wants the plane to have a more powerful engine as the existing one doesn’t give it super cruise capability. The ability to super cruise or sustain supersonic speeds in combat configuration without kicking in fuel-guzzling afterburners is a key Indian requirement.

india-aviation-air-show_93904a54-f2b2-11e6-bee8-7b74d3637aa8.jpg

(R-L) Defense minister Manohar Parrikar, navy chief Sunil Lanba, air force chief Birender Singh Dhanoa, and army chief Bipin Rawat during the inaugural day of the 11th edition of Aero India in Bengaluru on Tuesday. (AFP Photo)
A prototype called the T-50, built under the PAK-FA (Prospective Airborne Complex of Frontline Aviation) project is undergoing tests in Russia. The first prototype flew its maiden sortie in January 2010.

India has a requirement for 120-130 such swing-role planes with stealth features for increased survivability, advanced avionics, smart weapons, top-end mission computers and 360-degree situational awareness.

The IAF does not have sufficient number of warplanes to tackle a combined threat from China and Pakistan. The count of IAF’s fighter squadrons has shrunk to 34 compared to a desirable strength of 42, a capability gap the air force is struggling to fill.

The IAF hopes to add more muscle with the induction of French-built Rafales, the indigenous light combat aircraft, more Sukhoi-30s, the FGFA and a medium-weight warplane to be built in India in collaboration with a foreign player.

Considering not a single Ka-226 is in service as of yet and won't be for the forseeable future whilst the HAL LUH will be in production from 2018 I have to stand by my comment.....the Ka-226 is redundant for India now sir.

And yet you didn't answer my remark. I'll check the numbers
and tag you where best when done so as not to OT AeroIndia.
:cheers:

Observe at the rear near engine exhaust
this is new,......it has saw tooth like structure and an extended fuselage

As long as you do that, check the air intakes on that line drawing?
That's what I meant, the general overlay used to shift but is now
fixed and that rear end only shows it to be a sub-system ( TVC )
that cannot be written in stone until it is developed. Besides, in
the images I was referring to from post #106, the engines are
replaced with big metal rings to join the model to the apparatus
serving as its stand and I'll bet that wasn't intended as realistic.

If you get to an image of the TVC end to be used attached to its engine,
I'll be darn interested but for now neither exists.

Still the AMCA has a high body blended wing with trailing stabs and
dual canted tails with moving parts ( for horizontal actuation see below )
a very specific flattened F-35 shape, as has the FC-31 since they
correct the extreme fat cross section & a very specific "race car" like
sloped front end.

Don't focus on derails from presentation videos too much until
real objects appear. This image from around the same time as
yours for example is ...
Untitled 2.png

very suspicious. It may reflect a design choice but not the real thing.
As it is depicted, moment arm and proximity to rudder course will
wreck havoc. The same outlay works on a Raptor because it's bigger.
The specifics will change.

Great day both, Tay.

Back
Top Bottom