and maturing reasonably fast as well

COAS at MKU stall, checking out what has been ordered by the IA:

N-LCA taxing:

xair-force-chief-tejas-14-1487068691.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Q13bpVYibN.jpg

@Abingdonboy HAL LUH turning out to be a very good platform

I don't think we need russian LUH/LOH anymore
your take?

and maturing reasonably fast as well
Been saying this for a almost a year now- the HAL LUH will beat the KA-226 into service and the entire point of the foriegn RSH/LOH buy was to get a interim solution to cover until the HAL LUH was in service, makes the KA-226 deal entirely redundant, the full 600 units of LOH/LUH required by the IA and IAF should now just be given to HAL, they could deliver all by 2030 (their brand new Temkur plant will have an installed capacity to pump out 60 LUH/year).

I think the LUH will also have huge success outside of the IA/IAF, many sate police forces want a helo, the CAPFs also would be very interested as would many civlian agencies and entities. The LUH could be India's Bell 407. I think the HAL LUH will be the first Indian aircraft that will cross 1000 units delivered.

Having said that, the Ka-226 deal may survive- it was an overtly poltical deal (throwing the Russians a bone) by this GoI.

Been saying this for a almost a year now- the HAL LUH will beat the KA-226 into service and the entire point of the foriegn RSH/LOH buy was to get a interim solution to cover until the HAL LUH was in service, makes the KA-226 deal entirely redundant, the full 600 units of LOH/LUH required by the IA and IAF should now just be given to HAL, they could deliver all by 2030 (their brand new Temkur plant will have an installed capacity to pump out 60 LUH/year).

I think the LUH will also have huge success outside of the IA/IAF, many sate police forces want a helo, the CAPFs also would be very interested as would many civlian agencies and entities. The LUH could be India's Bell 407. I think the HAL LUH will be the first Indian aircraft that will cross 1000 units delivered.

Having said that, the Ka-226 deal may survive- it was an overtly poltical deal (throwing the Russians a bone) by this GoI.

even imagining having 1000 pieces of this giving me goosebumps.
:cheesy:

You lack one value in your dataset above to determine if the deal was redundant.
How many helos should retire before production rates fully cover retiring frames?
If that number is the same or higher than Ka-226 units gotten, the deal was sound.

Not by the way at all but just for kicks, this image :
IMG201702141503541-500x667.jpg

... awoke the ancient Staff-Sargeant in me.

So advice to the Indian services, you will have to drill the troops in
the removal of kit prior to boarding because they'll wreck that lovely
interior in one carry with protruding odd sharp bits!

Ask parents that took 5 to 7 age-challenged becleated human gnomes
to and fro a soccer game slash picnic in a spanking new SUV interior if
they didn't regret renting a delivery van w/stripped int. instead for the job! :hitwall:

:p: Tay. 8-)

Back
Top Bottom