What's new

Aero India 2013

bel.jpg

ms.jpg

What are these two trucks ????

What are these two trucks ????

Top one is a TATA with some sort of (collapsed at this point) radar mounted. Lookes to be IAF's judging by the paint job.

Second one no idea its purpose but I can tell you that is a TATRA truck it is mounted on! Seems to be a BEL product though- if that helps!

Excellent thread guys keep it up. :tup: Just look at the foreign vendors eying for a deal with India. Even though I hate congress government one thing they done correct is Foreign Policy and excelling at diplomacy.

I can't help but fear that a similar fate may fall on the LUH.

I think it is already dead in services, unless HAL want to develop it for export or tech innovation. ALH is doing greater, performing too many role, in other sense ALH eat LUH. Instead of LUH army should go for ALH & upgrade it by time-time.:confused:

I think it is already dead in services, unless HAL want to develop it for export or tech innovation. ALH is doing greater, performing too many role, in other sense ALH eat LUH. Instead of LUH army should go for ALH & upgrade it by time-time.:confused:

No, the ALH isn't killing off the LUH. The LUH is in a completely different class to the ALH- the LUH is a single engined 3 ton light helo whilst the ALH is a twin engined 5.5 ton Medium lift helo. The Indian forces themselves have a separate requirement for a LUH however it seems the foreign buy, RSH (looking like the Fennec AS-555 at this point), will kill of the HAL LUH as what's the point in 2 different helos occupying the same role? Not to mention if HAL screw up the LUH wrt costs and development like they did with the HTT-40 then it is a slam dunk for the foreign RSH- they will get the entire 384 LUH order instead of just the intial 197.

No, the ALH isn't killing off the LUH. The LUH is in a completely different class to the ALH- the LUH is a single engined 3 ton light helo whilst the ALH is a twin engined 5.5 ton Medium lift helo. The Indian forces themselves have a separate requirement for a LUH however it seems the foreign buy, RSH (looking like the Fennec AS-555 at this point), will kill of the HAL LUH as what's the point in 2 different helos occupying the same role? Not to mention if HAL screw up the LUH wrt costs and development like they did with the HTT-40 then it is a slam dunk for the foreign RSH- they will get the entire 384 LUH order instead of just the intial 197.

Thanks buddy. But can you enlighten more on role of LUH against ALH.

Top one is a TATA with some sort of (collapsed at this point) radar mounted. Lookes to be IAF's judging by the paint job.

Second one no idea its purpose but I can tell you that is a TATRA truck it is mounted on! Seems to be a BEL product though- if that helps!

Sir the top one is a truck mounted Akash SAM launcher without the Akash missiles loaded.

P2152354.JPG

116zx.jpg

Thanks buddy. But can you enlighten more on role of LUH against ALH.

Well it will be used to do communication flights, ferrying of smaller numbers of personnel and will be used as a reconnaissance/scout helo for armored divisions and artillery. Addtionally the IAF/IA required the ability to arm these birds to carry out small-scale armed attack role. Just look at what the Cheetak and Cheetah are doing in the Indian forces right now to see what the LUH/RSH will do in servicve.

Sir the top one is a truck mounted Akash SAM launcher without the Akash missiles loaded.

P2152354.JPG

116zx.jpg

I thought initially it might be something like that but the fact the missiles weren't loaded threw me!
@Dillinger as a 19 year old, I hardly think I deserve the title of "sir" just yet mate!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom