What's new

Aero India 2013

Rustom-2+MALE-UAV's+CAD.jpg

I'm going to guess the second one is the Samyukta electronic warfare system

Samyukta Electronic Warfare System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Abingdonboy, stop showing off you are 19 year old. if people call you sir, just accept it and let it pass :)
damn- I was going to speculate it was some sort of EW/ELINT system but thought better of it!

+lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought initially it might be something like that but the fact the missiles weren't loaded threw me!
@Dillinger as a 19 year old, I hardly think I deserve the title of "sir" just yet mate!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! So we are the young ones on defence.pk then hunh? Although, you've got an impressive post count! That other pic has poor visibility with regard to the "forward clamp like-missile holding structure" and the color scheme is different so it threw me off too. Btw with regard to the Akash system, here's an in-depth pdf article outlining the design challenges met during the program- radar development information complete with pictures of array developments- and rudimentary diagrams of the modernized carriers for the missiles and the radars. http://aeroindiaseminar.in/admin/technical/pdf/_1358752950ChandramoulilatestAEP-20-1-13.pdf

Aero India 2013 Photo Report

1L121E mobile 3D radar covers full hemisphere, with on-the-move surveillance, detecting a wide range of threats including guided weapons and mini-uavs. This new radar supports air defense assets. Tamir Eshel, Defense-Update

1L121E-mobile-3D-radar.jpg

The Indian Air Force First Embraer 145 AEW&C Aircraft. Credit: Angad Singh

ANET-4361.jpg

The U.S. Air Force C-17 Globemaster landing at Aero India 2013. Credit: Angad Singh
ANET-4446.jpg

The attack version of indigenously-built Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) ‘Rudra’. Credit: Angad Singh
ANET-5002.jpg

EL/M-2052 showing the two module architecture of the new system, designed to fit into compact spaces like the LCA nose cone. Tamir Eshel, Defense-Update
ELM-2052.jpg

EL/M2052 AESA radar to be integrated in the LCA. Tamir Eshel, Defense-Update

ELM2052-AESA-radar.jpg

Aero-india was the world debut for the Iron Dome missile – the real thing, just unarmed and defuelled. The photo clearly shows the ogive that blows off when the missiles nears its target, exposing the seeker that is responsible for the missile’s terminal effect that has demonstrated over 500 kills in recent months. Tamir Eshel, Defense-Update

iron-dom3-tamir.jpg

Nice video on AMCA by ada

The Tejas LCA shown with Derby and Python 5 missiles for the first time. Tamir Eshel, Defense-Update

LCA-Tejas-python-5-derby.jpg

Mobile version of the Iron Dome can cover a wider area and rapidly reposition against new threats. Provided with a full multimission radar, it can also perform air defense missions. Tamir Eshel, Defense-Update
mobile-iron-dome.jpg

SA-17 BUK-M2E air defense missile system. Note the EO/IR camera above the main radar, providing the system continuity of engagement even under heavy electronic attack. Photo: Tamir Eshel, Defense-Update

SA-17-BUK-M2E.jpg

The Rafale on a display pass. Credit: Angad Singh

ANET-4764.jpg

Back
Top Bottom