What's new

Aero India 2013

misc2.jpg

I like the color scheme very patriotic Bleed Blue.

Can't really say anything on that topic Sir. But if the TD-3 had flown there would have been exhaustive news and blog articles mentioning the same. Not to mention that the various "defense analysts/journalists" have been following the LCH program even more keenly than the LCA program, we would have definitely had Prasun Sengupta or Ajai Shukla reporting on it. Even the Tarmaak007 page isn't listing the presence of the TD-3 in Aero India 2013. But this pic definitely represents what the final article will look like to a great extent.

1) The reinforced wing stubs.

2) Refined gun mount/pod

3) The non-retractable landing gear has been provided a camouflaged shroud/covering.

Q- Is there any chance that we will see the integration of an off the shelf fire control radar like the AN/APG-78 Longbow Fire Control Radar with the LCH, or is it not required/envisaged?

The deployment of an exhaust shroud to further mask IR signatures and a comprehensive self protection suite will make this machine a real pain in the ### for any prospective opponents.

Please don't call me sir . I am just a military enthusiast nothing else.

Is there any picture of new LCH design showing engine exhaust ??

Please don't call me sir . I am just a military enthusiast nothing else.

Is there any picture of new LCH design showing engine exhaust ??

Currently the engine exhaust outlets are uncovered and since the exhaust does have a thermal variance with the 'air' around the hepter it will contribute to the IR signature of the hepter. Similar projects started out the same way and an exhaust shroud was added later- In the pic below (Denel Rooivalk) if you direct your attention to the area behind the rotor blades towards the aft, you can clearly see that the exhaust outlets have been diverted upwards- in fact the separation between the shroud and the main body is visible too.

sYL4pd4.jpg

Ummm. I'm 21 years old so I just tend to assume that the senior members here are older than me and thus the "Sir" follows our of respect for age.......Its an ingrained habit.

Currently the engine exhaust outlets are uncovered and since the exhaust does have a thermal variance with the 'air' around the hepter it will contribute to the IR signature of the hepter. Similar projects started out the same way and an exhaust shroud was added later- In the pic below if you direct your attention to the area behind the rotor blades towards the aft, you can clearly see that the exhaust outlets have been diverted upwards- in fact the separation between the shroud and the main body is visible too.

sYL4pd4.jpg

Ummm. I'm 21 years old so I just tend to assume that the senior members here are older than me and thus the "Sir" follows our of respect for age.......Its an ingrained habit.
IR suppressors are not that hard to design- the LCH team have rightly left this till a later stage. The IAF already has extensive use of such suppressors.

Currently the engine exhaust outlets are uncovered and since the exhaust does have a thermal variance with the 'air' around the hepter it will contribute to the IR signature of the hepter. Similar projects started out the same way and an exhaust shroud was added later- In the pic below (Denel Rooivalk) if you direct your attention to the area behind the rotor blades towards the aft, you can clearly see that the exhaust outlets have been diverted upwards- in fact the separation between the shroud and the main body is visible too.

The engine exhaust of LCH is also diverted upwards but I was more interested in something like Apache.

The Apache is also designed to evade heat-seeking missiles by reducing its infrared signature (the heat energy it releases). The Black Hole infrared suppression system dissipates the heat of the engine exhaust by mixing it with air flowing around the helicopter. The cooled exhaust then passes through a special filter, which absorbs more heat. The Longbow also has an infrared jammer, which generates infrared energy of varying frequencies to confuse heat-seeking missiles.

Just 2 years older than you .............:D

Rafael SYPDER (mounted on a TATA truck- this is meant to be the configuration that has been delivered to the IAF):

DSC_00641.jpg

ALH.jpg

Bell.jpg

Pilatus.jpg

bel.jpg

lch.jpg

ms.jpg

tata.jpg

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom