What's new

Advanced destroyers boost combat capability of PLA

Though they are named differently, the external design and armaments are virtually the same.

proxy

P15
navy-destroyer-visakhapatnam-650_650x400_71429181441.jpg

P15B

Indians keep calling it Kolktata, because it only got the title of Vizag class very recently.
oh I know why he made the mistake, and in reality it's not a big deal, or anything really. Doesn't bother me. But if one is going to make the claim he stands for facts, he better be able to back it up. He can't.

Well if they were planning he should be able to provide the link which says the IN is "planning" to build cruisers, unless he just made it up.

There's nothing official, but considering India want to operate 3 carrier groups, I doubt it will stop at Vizag.

There's nothing official, but considering India want to operate 3 carrier groups, I doubt it will stop at Vizag.

Is that just your opinion or do you have any credible info? As far as i'm aware IN doctrine has never included cruisers + carriers....the current naval doctrine is aircraft carriers + destroyers + frigates....Even the Russians are finding it hard to justify having cruisers, when less expensive and as effective destroyers do the same function.

As someone in the industry, its news to me that india is planning to build cruisers!

Is that just your opinion or do you have any credible info? As far as i'm aware IN doctrine has never included cruisers + carriers....the current naval doctrine is aircraft carriers + destroyers + frigates....Even the Russians are finding it hard to justify having cruisers, when less expensive and as effective destroyers do the same function.

As someone in the industry, its news to me that india is planning to build cruisers!

Not cruisers, I meant to say destroyers. I dont think there will be a big gap between Vizag class, and the next line of destroyers. Though, atm, nothing official.

think I saw it as a tweet, don't think it's from official news, maybe a journalist. Could be wrong.

Not cruisers, I meant to say destroyers. I dont think there will be a big gap between Vizag class, and the next line of destroyers. Though, atm, nothing official.

Well your compatriot said india was planning to build cruisers, I'm asking him to provide credible links to prove that statement. Cruisers have a very different function to destroyers, it requires very thought through naval doctrine and at the moment it doesn't really fit the IN needs.

Right now the IN needs sub surface vessells, and anti-sub corrvettes far more then it needs cruisers....it sounds like fan boy comment from him.

Well your compatriot said india was planning to build cruisers, I'm asking him to provide credible links to prove that statement. Cruisers have a very different function to destroyers, it requires very thought through naval doctrine and at the moment it doesn't really fit the IN needs.

Right now the IN needs sub surface vessells, and anti-sub corrvettes far more then it needs cruisers....it sounds like fan boy comment from him.

I just figured he meant destroyers and self-ignored the cruiser bit.

Nope he specifically said india was planning to build crusiers! Well, I take it he was just being a fan boy....

I know what he said, but like I said, I just self ignored it, and thought maybe he meant destroyers. Cruisers arent in IN horizon. I'll just end this here.

Back
Top Bottom