What's new

Advanced destroyers boost combat capability of PLA

3 Type052D and 6 Type052C destroyers, PLAN now are considered best in Asia Navy. JMSDF got only 4 kongo and 2 atago destroyer. Not enough to match our 9 destroyers.

DDG 175 looks in same completetion mode as 174, just short of pennant number painted and crew ready. I believe it will joined the fleet after Chinese new year next year.

View attachment 279388
(175 is behind 174 in this picture)

Yeah, More Aegis DDGs for China Navy !

Today, JMSDF is no Match for China Navy. :coffee:
China Navy have become really Powerful these days.

China needs 16 Type 052D and 24 Type 055 in this decade. Also, with additional 30 SSNs such as the Type 093G and Type 095.

The DF-21D/DF-26 and DF-ZF are the path cleaners against the surface fleet and land military targets. However, China still needs a strong navy to act as the anti-sub fleet.

China needs a Zumwalt.

3 Type052D and 6 Type052C destroyers, PLAN now are considered best in Asia Navy. JMSDF got only 4 kongo and 2 atago destroyer. Not enough to match our 9 destroyers.

DDG 175 looks in same completetion mode as 174, just short of pennant number painted and crew ready. I believe it will joined the fleet after Chinese new year next year.

View attachment 279388
(175 is behind 174 in this picture)

What is the technology gap between 52b vs 52c vs 52d?

The U.S. Navy put one in Japan so...they aren't scared to put one just a little further out eh?

US Navy officials have strongly hinted in the past that they have developed a cyber or electronic attack capability to disable the DF ASBM's kill chains. The US militarily keeps an eye on those weapons, but they are not afraid of them. They operate in the Western Pacific practically on a daily basis.

Not really, the future backbone for the USN will still remain with the Arleigh Burke Flight III/IV, not Zumwalt.

The Zumwalt class has been trimmed down to 3 units from the originally planned 30 units, because it was not a successful design.

:what:
How about its just expensive? Not because it was not a successful design. Otherwise they wouldn't produce two more units and put them out to sea. Its similar to the Seawolf submarines. Are they unsuccessful designs? Look at the Virginia class boats. Based on the Seawolf design but cheaper. Wouldn't surprise me that they would implement a future destroyer or cruiser with this design. Zumwalt will be used as research in new technologies.

How about combining a trimaran design with the Zumwalt.
12gihon157.jpg

:what:
How about its just expensive? Not because it was not a successful design. Otherwise they wouldn't produce two more units and put them out to sea. Its similar to the Seawolf submarines. Are they unsuccessful designs? Look at the Virginia class boats. Based on the Seawolf design but cheaper. Wouldn't surprise me that they would implement a future destroyer or cruiser with this design. Zumwalt will be used as research in new technologies.

How about combining a trimaran design with the Zumwalt.
12gihon157.jpg

Then, the DDG-1000 class should fully replace the DDG-51 class, not with the continuation such as the Flight III/IV.

Then, the DDG-1000 class should fully replace the DDG-51 class, not with the continuation such as the Flight III/IV.

Like I've said it is too expensive. That be like telling me that the Seawolf class submarines should have replaced the Virginia.

Like I've said it is too expensive. That be like telling me that the Seawolf class submarines should have replaced the Virginia.

If you cannot maintain the budgeting control, then this product cannot become sustainable in the long term without being able to pass through the mass production phase in order to cut down the cost.

If you cannot maintain the budgeting control, then this product cannot become sustainable in the long term without being able to pass through the mass production phase in order to cut down the cost.

Obviously thats why I pointed out. Hence the cheaper version.

We have to yet hear the news about the mass produced version.

Thats because they went back to Arleigh Burke destroyer. But in the future they still have plans learning from the Zumwalt for future destroyer. Or cruiser.

Very soon Type052D production will leave JMSDF and IN in dust. IN only planned 3 Kolkata class destroyer and Japan only plan to increase 2 more Atago while those planned are just paper and talk only. Our production of at least 12 Type52D are comfirmed and going full steam ahead.
Sorry to bust your ill-informed knowledge, IN had planned 7 confirmed Kolkata class destroyers in which last four are more upgraded. Further IN is already planning to increase Kolkata class by including third batch as well along with all together new cruiser boat.

I hate to put a number on how many we need. We need as many as possible we can get. There is no fixed number. I hope we continue to build as many as we possibly can.

HLD: purely for the nuclear sub
DL: for the supercarrier and DDG
JN: for the supercarrier and DDG
GZ: for the SSN and DDG

I think this will be the ideal distribution for China's flag ship production lines.
We need more nuclear subs. That is an area that is very concern to me.

Back
Top Bottom