What's new

Adolf Hitler and Narendra Modi, what are the similarities?

Not much similarity I think.

Hitler was a thug from the start to the finish, check out the Beer Hall Putch in 1923. He just went around with his "gang" (the Stormtroopers), violently attacking and murdering his political opponents as well as Jewish businesspeople.

And despite the urban myth, Hitler did not "save" the German economy. His only real claim to fame was reducing unemployment levels, however overall living standards and real wages PLUMMETED in the years leading up to 1938. To the point where ordinary German people were forced to live on rationing!

That was one of the fundamental reasons for his policy of "Lebensraum" (living space), he wanted to plunder Eastern Europe and take their resources, at a time where Germany itself was running out of resources, and forced into rationing. The lack of resources in Germany during Hitler's rule was a key factor which led to the beginning of the war itself.

Modi on the other hand has managed a major Indian province (Gujarat) for 10 years, with an average growth rate of above 10%! Gujarat was the only major Indian province to achieve such a feat in the past decade. Modi was a strong and consistent administrator, whereas Hitler was more of an unstable and over-glorified gang leader.

Not much similarity I think.

Hitler was a thug from the start to the finish, check out the Beer Hall Putch in 1923. He just went around with his "gang" (the Stormtroopers), violently attacking and murdering his political opponents as well as Jewish businesspeople.

And despite the urban myth, Hitler did not "save" the German economy. His only real claim to fame was reducing unemployment levels, however overall living standards and real wages PLUMMETED in the years leading up to 1938. To the point where ordinary German people were forced to live on rationing!

Employment figures were carefully manipulated by omitting the jews and women. Workers were awfully underpaid and the Governments net income never surpassed it's expenditure.

Modi on the other hand has managed a major Indian province (Gujarat) for 10 years, with an average growth rate of above 10%! Gujarat was the only major Indian province to achieve such a feat in the past decade. Modi was a strong and consistent administrator, whereas Hitler was more of an unstable and over-glorified gang leader

Slightly disagree with the growth part. States like Maharashtra, Tamilnadu,Uttarakhand had done marginally better or almost equal in terms of growth figure with Gujarat. Although statistical figures does not yield much enthusiasm for a skeptic like me but what might have been admirable is sustaining a continuous growth rate for the last ten years in a state which was already maintaining a high rate of growth. Electricity reform was an excellent achievement during this ten years rule.Land acquisition does not yield much headache for officials,which draws heavy industries towards this state. Character comparison does not hold much meaning between the two leaders but there are certain things.only time will prove in future;hopefully we preserve our opinions till then.

Employment figures were carefully manipulated by omitting the jews and women. Workers were awfully underpaid and the Governments net income never surpassed it's expenditure.

Slightly disagree with the growth part. States like Maharashtra, Tamilnadu,Uttarakhand had done marginally better or almost equal in terms of growth figure with Gujarat. Although statistical figures does not yield much enthusiasm for a skeptic like me but what might have been admirable is sustaining a continuous growth rate for the last ten years in a state which was already maintaining a high rate of growth. Electricity reform was an excellent achievement during this ten years rule.Land acquisition does not yield much headache for officials,which draws heavy industries towards this state. Character comparison does not hold much meaning between the two leaders but there are certain things.only time will prove in future;hopefully we preserve our opinions till then.

I took the growth figures from The Economist, I'm not sure if they are exactly correct or not, but from the official numbers it seems that Gujarat is the only major Indian state that grew at an average of double-digits over the past decade. Uttarkand and Sikkim also grew at double-digits though they are smaller states. Interestingly, all three were administered by the BJP.

India in figures - an interactive guide | The Economist

indiagdp2.png

As for character comparison, I believe someone who could administer an entire province well for an entire decade without going crazy, is probably not going to go crazy. Hitler was pretty much crazy from the start, and consistently crazy too.

I took the growth figures from The Economist, I'm not sure if they are exactly correct or not, but from the official numbers it seems that Gujarat is the only major Indian state that grew at an average of double-digits over the past decade. Uttarkand and Sikkim also grew at double-digits though they are smaller states. Interestingly, all three were administered by the BJP.

indiagdp2.png

As for character comparison, I believe someone who could administer an entire province well for an entire decade without going crazy, is probably not going to go crazy. Hitler was pretty much crazy from the start, and consistently crazy too.

last year in September, a six member committee came up with a report consisting recommendations on backwardness in per capita consumption, poverty ratio and few other factors. Here is the link and you will find other states have performed relatively better than Gujarat. Modi regime definitely had some bright aspects which could be a model in rest of India but in some areas it is not as excellent as it is preached.

Bihar, MP, UP, 7 others least developed states: Raghuram Rajan report

last year in September, a six member committee came up with a report consisting recommendations on backwardness in per capita consumption, poverty ratio and few other factors. Here is the link and you will find other states have performed relatively better than Gujarat. Modi regime definitely had some bright aspects which could be a model in rest of India but in some areas it is not as excellent as it is preached.

Bihar, MP, UP, 7 others least developed states: Raghuram Rajan report

I hope you are aware that Raghuram Rajan repot is colored by politics.

For per capita consumption it ignores the reality that Gujarat is more or less a completely vegetarian state. In India the changing dietary patterns towards higher protein consumption, meat products are becoming an important part of the food basket for an ever-increasing population. However this is not true for Gujarat.

It measures Poverty Ratio using Genie Coefficient i.e. higher the Genie, higher the inequality. As the genie coefficient calculates the ratio of the wealth of the richest Gujarati man to the wealth of the poorest Gujarati man, Gujarat ration appears skewed since it has Rich Industrialists like Adani and Ambani and very poor migrant population from Bihar.

I would serious advice you to take Raghuram Rajan report with a lot of salt.

Rajan's growth report on states is flawed: Bibek Debroy

Last edited:
We're pro-business. :D

And Congress is always rejecting our FDI offers to India, even though they need the investment.

Modi is an economic right-winger, which means pro-business and pro-investment.
I've been hearing good things about him too, , but lets see iam already assuming he will be the PM and waiting for what wonders he do .... although he is liar :P

anti-modi people call him phenku or feku which means a person who constantly lies and makes false promises

He is not just hitler...he is sara palin of India too....Both makes "history blunders"

We're pro-business. :D

And Congress is always rejecting our FDI offers to India, even though they need the investment.

Modi is an economic right-winger, which means pro-business and pro-investment.

He was one of the idiot who opposed FDI. He said instead of FDI he wanted "Amul Model". But now he is saying that people should take it as a challenge...He forgot Amul Model. Dont falll to this liar...

Congress had to deal with worst opposition and worst coalition parties.

For per capita consumption it ignores the reality that Gujarat is more or less a completely vegetarian state. In India the changing dietary patterns towards higher protein consumption, meat products are becoming an important part of the food basket for an ever-increasing population. However this is not true for Gujarat.

It measures Poverty Ratio using Genie Coefficient i.e. higher the Genie, higher the inequality. As the genie coefficient calculates the ratio of the wealth of the richest Gujarati man to the wealth of the poorest Gujarati man, Gujarat ration appears skewed since it has Rich Industrialists like Adani and Ambani and very poor migrant population from Bihar.

Every statistical survey are bound to go through challenges from opposite set of economists and Raghuram Rajan report (this report has been based on various factors like health care etc) has been no exception. There are plenty of data available on internet over the sluggishness on Industrial growth, the difference between project signed and project implemented which shows this is not an out of the world model as it's being religiously preaching from some corners. Again,as I said I will reserve my comments only when this man gets ample chances to perform and I am strictly against raising the standard beyond his capacity before he assumes PM ship. Till then we can leave these discussions for expert economists.

Its not flawed, Its correct if u take all the points..I can 100% say that state which has more people dont have access to toilet is less developed. Forget all other points.

indiagdp2.png

Have u checked growth of Gujarat before modi? It increased now or decreased? Isnt that necc to check?

Back
Top Bottom