What's new

Achievements those who migrated for Pakistan empty handed & what they achieved for dream of Pakistan

So, I started a bloody thread regarding Urdu speaking people and their contribution and this dude from England is talking about soldiers....

@BHarwana @Jungibaaz Would you guys allow the thread to derail?

Bro, am retired from mod duties. Can't help you since your tagging me here. Nice thread by the way. :tup:

Will be opened after moderation,

@PaklovesTurkiye

Told you not to create this thread

It isn't worth it
Sir, these are just internet warriors. What matters is the common folk. I have lived in karachi for almost a decade now, urdu speaking, sindhi, baloch, Gilgiti, Kashmiri, seraiki we all live in unity. We take care of one another, some people try and divide us on sect and casts. Urdu speaking or any community doesn't have to prove their loyalty, i would say thats not the aim here. So this thread will go on and any off-topic troll will be dealt with.

There were no urdu speakers in Punjab shortly after independence. Refugees in Punjab came from Eastern Punjab and surrounding areas and were mostly punjabi speaking. Those were mainly butchered by Sikhs and punjabi hindus. You may you read about trains full of dead bodies coming at Lahore station but at Karachi station? I think not. Those who reached Karachi were from Lucknow thus gathering of urdu speaking made it a centre of urdu speaking population. Even those who reached Lahore station later migrated to Karachi.

I am aware of a large of Urdu speakers who migrated from Urdu speaking areas into Sargodha. Additionally, I once went to Lalian (Dist Chiniot) to attend a wedding, it was then full of migrants from Ambala (Haryana) who spoke a dialect of Urdu.

There may have been no Urdu speakers in Punjab before 1947, but quite a few Urdu Dailies were issued from Lahore. Lahore had the largest Urdu Bazar in the pre-partition subcontinent and a very large number of Urdu writers & poets were from Punjab.

How can we ignore Allama Iqbal, Krishan Chander, Manto, Hafiz Jallandhari, Hafeez Hoshiar puri, Faiz Ahmad Faiz, Sahir Ludhianvi, Ahmed Nadeen Qasmi, Maulana Zafar Ali Khan, Imtiaz Ali Taj, Abdul Majeed Salik, Nasim Hijazi, Agha Hashar Kashmiri and many more? The Mother tongue of the Punjab region was undoubtedly Punjabi but Urdu was quite prevalent among the educated class even then.

Indian Muslims are far more educated and talented than our so called mahajirs and Urdu speakers.Even being in large number they could not get the due share.But on the other hand Urdu speakers in Pakistan did the wonders.Reason they were provided the best opportunities to flourish.Their language was made official language.Country,s best school ,colleges,universities and hospitals were at their disposal.They got settled in urban areas. Thay always had a lion share in the bureaucracy and other govt postings.They always held important ministries.But still they are not satisfied.They always behave like a cry baby.Actually they miss Altaf bhai very much and they think they are incomplete without him.Otherwise in today,s Pakistan !!!!
President of Pakistan--------------Urdu speaker
Chief Justice of Pakistan--------------Urdu speaker
Attorney general of Pakistan--------------Urdu speaker
Federal law minister-------------------------Urdu speaker
Federal Minister for water and power-------------------------Urdu speaker
Federal minister for planning-------------------------Urdu speaker
Federal minister for port and shipping-------------------------Urdu speaker
Federal Minister for IT-------------------------Urdu speaker
Chairman Pakistan cricket board -------------------------Urdu speaker
Governor of Sindh-------------------------Urdu speaker
Chief of air staff-------------------------Urdu speaker
Chief of general staff-------------------------Urdu speaker
I can add few more.But it would be useless.If we compare with India,s twenty crore Muslims. Out of 29 states only one sate has Muslim Governor and at union level they have only one second class none elected minister.

Karachi does not miss Altaf bhai...If we were, then would never had voted for PTI - Imran Khan

Everyone got the idea of this thread but you didn't...Feel sorry for you

If you have nothing relevant to post then please don't divert/derail the thread

Indian Muslims are far more educated and talented than our so called mahajirs and Urdu speakers

As per many reports and studies Indian Muslims rank lower than even Dalits when it comes to education and other factors

https://amp.scroll.in/article/81227...ate-of-enrolment-in-higher-education-in-india

Now you are saying those who migrated to Pakistan are worse than them who are worse than Dalits

So we can say that Pakistani state either didn't provide education to migrants and kept them uneducated and worse than Indian Muslims who are worse than Dalits

Or what you said is bullshit

Take your pick

Need to get out of this victim mentality. My maternal/paternal side moved in from UP to Lahore and were fortunate enough to have not got ripped to pieces as they landed in Wagha, the previous train was drenched in blood. Lost everything they had, lands, animals, belongings. Started anew, got some land, lost it somewhere down the road due to sheer bad luck but are still proud urdu speaking folks living in Lahore.

Proud Pakistani ban k jio! :pakistan:

You still didn't get the idea of this thread :)

If you can contribute positively, then please do so

I’ve always said that the first Pakistanis among us were those that left their homes, livelihoods, ways of life and even forfeit their own life, to move to Pakistan. Let’s remember, this state was barely a state at the time, a fledgling dream. It shows their great faith and resolve that they sacrificed so much to come to Pakistan.

I’ve always said that the first Pakistanis among us were those that left their homes, livelihoods, ways of life and even forfeit their own life, to move to Pakistan. Let’s remember, this state was barely a state at the time, a fledgling dream. It shows their great faith and resolve that they sacrificed so much to come to Pakistan.

Not only this....Let me say, This hard travelling and sacrifice instilled the love for country in such a sense that may be other communities never experience it

Only Migrants, who shed their blood and sweat, for a place, actually knows what a country is worth for.

We have made this country/city our home...and We are not going anywhere no matter how hard our rights are violated, we will still fight :)

Moin-Akhter-154444.jpg

Moin Akhter, was a Pakistani television, film and stage artist, humorist, comedian, impersonator, host, writer, singer, director and producer who rose to fame in the era of Radio Pakistan along with his co-actors Anwer Maqsood and Bushra Ansari. Wikipedia

Born: December 24, 1950, Karachi
Died: April 22, 2011, Karachi

I consider all people of Pakistan to be equal

The Distinction of Karachi is due to it being a port city and trade hub , for Pakistan for 70 years
So naturally , being a trade hub it enjoyed big schools , art centers and educated people

:pakistan:

Once you are in Pakistan , you can go anywhere and build a home and live your life

Now you are saying those who migrated to Pakistan are worse than them who are worse than Dalits
I think you have some comprehension issues.Where did I say that some body is worst and some body is not.Neither I talked about the peoples who migrated from India after 1947 as well.I just talked about the living and working environment available to current generation Indian Muslims and Pakistani Urdu speakings .PAK Urdu speakings as compared to Indian Muslims had better environment to utilize their talent .That,s why they were able to contributed a lot in all walks of life.Where as the matter of comparison between two communities of almost same origin is concerned.I stand by my analysis.Indian Muslims are very talented peoples.Talent has nothing to do with literacy.Since living in Canada for last 20 years .I have met so many of Indian Muslims here in Canada and USA.I found them very upright. Well mannered, knowledgeable,articulated and very helpful peoples.Socially they always try to connect with Muslims specially from Pakistan.I just shared my observation it could be wrong.One more thing till today in spite of all kinds of persecutions I could not find any Indian Muslim saying any bad thing about India.Where as 90% of anti Pakistan propaganda is done by people like Altaf Hussain,Haqqani and Tariq Fateh etc.Who are they!!!
BTW keep your bullshit with you and enjoy.

Karachi does not miss Altaf bhai...If we were, then would never had voted for PTI - Imran Khan

Everyone got the idea of this thread but you didn't...Feel sorry for you

If you have nothing relevant to post then please don't divert/derail the thread
Sure Karachi does not miss Altaf but its supporters do:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom