What's new

Achievements those who migrated for Pakistan empty handed & what they achieved for dream of Pakistan

Let us not forget the millions of ordinary Indian born Pakistanis who migrated empty handed, lost everything including loved ones in a lot of cases, but helped build Pakistan with their blood and sweat.
Their contributions may be invisible and unrecognised but they are nonetheless considerable.

D7pN9BbWwAEiPEg.jpg

Dr. I. H. Usmani (1917–92)
Born 15 April 1917 Delhi, India

Died 17 June 1992 (aged 75)
Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan

Dr. Ishrat Hussain Usmani, one of the earliest bureaucrats of Pakistan and father of Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission, who paved the way for Pakistan to attain nuclear technology and later space technology, is being remembered on his death anniversary today.

Dr. Ishrat Hussain Usmani, (I.H.Usmani) was born on April 15, 1917 and educated at Bombay University where he did his BSc (Hons) in 1937, MSc in 1938 and PhD from London University. In 1942, Dr. Usmani joined Indian Civil Service and migrated to Pakistan in 1947 and continued to wok as a Civil Servant in the newly created country on different important posts for five years. He laid the foundation of Pakistan Institute of Nuclear Science and Technology. Dr. Usmani worked as Adviser Science to the President of Pakistan. Later, in 1960, he was appointed Chairman, Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission which he headed till 1972. During his tenure as chairman, he engaged and trained a number of young scientists who later played pivotal role in the advancement of Nuclear Technology in Pakistan.

He was the one to have laid foundation of PINSTECH and initiated Karachi Nuclear Power Plant that became functionary in 1972. At Faisalabad, an Institute called Nuclear Institute for Agriculture (NIAB) was also established by Dr. Usmani. Likewise, he was responsible for establishing Nuclear Research Institutes for Medicine, Industry and Mineralogy at different cities such as Karachi, Lahore, Tando Jam, Dhaka, Chittagong and Memon Singh.

It was at his initiation that a separate Ministry called the ‘Ministry of Science and Technology’ was created by the Government of Pakistan in 1972. Establishment of the Pakistan Foundation was also one of his achievements. Dr. Usmani remained Senior Adviser for Nuclear Technology in UNO for eleven years. He has published a good number of research papers in quality research journals of international repute. He was conferred with Sitara-i-Imtiaz by the Government of Pakistan.

Dr. Usmani died on June 17th, 1992.

https://www.samaa.tv/news/2011/06/dr-i-h-usmani-s-death-anniversary-today/

Well, This guys is little controversial :)

19b1a77b04c7e04b85dc6ba85a339abc.jpg

Pervez Musharraf is a Pakistani former four-star general and politician who became the tenth president of Pakistan after the successful 1999 Pakistani coup d'état. He held the presidency from 2001 until 2008, when he tendered his resignation to avoid impeachment. Wikipedia

Born: August 11, 1943 (age 76 years), Old Delhi, Delhi, India

maxresdefault.jpg

Parveen Shakir was a Pakistani poet, teacher and a civil servant of the Government of Pakistan. She is best known for her poems, which brought a distinctive feminine voice to Urdu literature, and for her consistent use of the rare grammatical feminine gender for the word "lover". Wikipedia

Born: November 24, 1952, Karachi
Died: December 26, 1994, Islamabad

الله سبحانه وتعالى. had brave Muslim races living already on the land that became known as Pakistan. These defenders kept Islam and Pakistan alive and strong never allowed any Hindu to cross or settle in our heartlands known as Pakistan now. Arabs have oil it brings them no strength or security. Afghani ran from Russian invasion again ancient Muslim races of Pakistan rallied to Islam. Dialect of Pakistan is made of many tongues . Nominating this pacific one for national language was to bring harmony amongst each fierce ethnic group rivalry in there own. So it’s not a great surprise it dominates air waves in entertainment industry. I love my pakistani Shalwar kameez baggy worn with a cap. Not this tight sissy looking coloured ones i see men wear.

I must share this story from my khandan.

One of my uncle was the lone survivor as a 4 year old boy with his parents massacred by Hindu terrorists of India, during the journey towards Pakistan. All he remember, he told me, that being lost on the railway station upon reaching Pakistan. He started his journey with his family, reached Pakistan as orphan. He doesnt even have recollection of his family, only vague images his mind as he was only a child, there are no family belongings, everything was looted.

Now, Masha Allah, he is living quiet life in his mansion in DHA Karachi as a retired banker. What I find the mindset among the first generation of Pakistanis is truly amazing. I asked him don't you feel bitter or any regret in you that because of Pakistan your family was taken away from you. None what so ever was his reply, infact he went on to say that his situation was kinda similar to Prophet (PBUH) who was also orphaned as a four year old, middle of nowhere in the dessert, and Allah has looked after him, opened the doors for him and he never had any failures in his life. Smooth sailing since.

My grandmother (may Allah grant her Jannat), once jokingly told me that if she hadn't acted with quick thinking and stopped to collect her lose chappals, while running away from the Hindu terrorists mob, with my father in one hand and my aunt in another, me and her wouldn't be having this conversation. :)

I can write a whole book on this particular subject, my family is full of individuals who sacrificed a lot. Some went from riches to rags, but I have never come across anyone regretting migrating to Pakistan. Entering Pakistan from India felt like a bird released from the cage. Those who went through the trauma still carry this feeling of freedom.

I must share this story from my khandan.

One of my uncle was the lone survivor as a 4 year old boy with his parents massacred by Hindu terrorists of India, during the journey towards Pakistan. All he remember, he told me, that being lost on the railway station upon reaching Pakistan. He started his journey with his family, reached Pakistan as orphan. He doesnt even have recollection of his family, only vague images his mind as he was only a child, there are no family belongings, everything was looted.

Now, Masha Allah, he is living quiet life in his mansion in DHA Karachi as a retired banker. What I find the mindset among the first generation of Pakistanis is truly amazing. I asked him don't you feel bitter or any regret in you that because of Pakistan your family was taken away from you. None what so ever was his reply, infact he went on to say that his situation was kinda similar to Prophet (PBUH) who was also orphaned as a four year old, middle of nowhere in the dessert, and Allah has looked after him, opened the doors for him and he never had any failures in his life. Smooth sailing since.

My grandmother (may Allah grant her Jannat), once jokingly told me that if she hadn't acted with quick thinking and stopped to collect her lose chappals, while running away from the Hindu terrorists mob, with my father in one hand and my aunt in another, me and her wouldn't be having this conversation. :)

I can write a whole book on this particular subject, my family is full of individuals who sacrificed a lot. Some went from riches to rags, but I have never come across anyone regretting migrating to Pakistan. Entering Pakistan from India felt like a bird released from the cage. Those who went through the trauma still carry this feeling of freedom.

Respect to you and your family. May Allah bless all those - who got shaheed while on the way and who successfully made into Pakistan.

As someone said: All gave some. Some gave all.
:smitten:

Respect to you and your family. May Allah bless all those - who got shaheed while on the way and who successfully made into Pakistan.

As someone said: All gave some. Some gave all.
:smitten:

Indeed bro, but we the second, third generation and coming lot are born free. We will not know the trauma and stress the first generation of Pakistan went through. All we can do is to ensure that chain is not broken and our children are aware of the sacrifice for Pakistan. I have made my children aware.

The biggest sacrifice these Pakistani made was when they left everything just to come to Pakistan.

My grandparents and their relatives (maternal/paternal) moved in from UP only to see a bloodied train on Wagha that arrived before they did. They were horrified to say the least after losing everything they had and started anew in different parts of Punjab and Sindh.

My maternal grandfather just died recently and he always loved Pakistan regardless of what life threw at him. My paternal grandfather fought in the Pakistan Army and held the country in high regard. They didn't complain unlike the new generation.

Bano Qudsia:disagree:

FOUNDER OF PAKISTAN'S ELITE COMMANDO UNIT, SPECIAL SERVICES GROUP (SSG) OF PAKISTAN'S ARMY.

658ffcf971cd2dfd3779411a01146e43.jpg

Aboobaker Osman Mitha, popularized as A.O. Mitha, SPk, SQA, was a two-star rank army general who is considered a legend in the Pakistan Army, and a "stay behind" conceptual founder of Special Services Group.
Wikipedia
Born: June 1, 1923, India
Died: 1999, Islamabad, Pakistan
Years of service: 1942–72
Education: Indian Military Academy
Books: Unlikely Beginnings: A Soldier's Life, Fallacies & Realities: An Analysis of Lt. Gen. Gul Hassan's "Memoirs"
Battles and wars: World War II, Burma campaign, MORE
He was a Bombay Memon

@xeuss

I don't know whether you followed this thread or not. So many heroes who migrated from so many parts of India and served this country in so many ways

Delhi, Bombay, Hyderabad, Rajasthan, Punjab, madras, Gujarat, UP, Bihar

A good read for Indian Muslims too. And there are still so many whom that haven't been added to this thread

@xeuss

I don't know whether you followed this thread or not. So many heroes who migrated from so many parts of India and served this country in so many ways

Delhi, Bombay, Hyderabad, Rajasthan, Punjab, madras, Gujarat, UP, Bihar

A good read for Indian Muslims too. And there are still so many whom that haven't been added to this thread

Thanks. I know of many Indian Muslims (including some from my extended family as well) who migrated to Pakistan in the 60s and 70s because they could not get jobs in India, and were promised good jobs in Pakistan. They all did well there.

Also, until the 1980s, some Indian Muslims would go to Pakistan on a visit visa, and if they could find a job there, they would stay back. If nothing worked out, they came back to India or headed to the Middle East.

As with all stories, there are some that did not work out. I know of one person (my parents knew of him actually) who migrated to East Pakistan from Bihar. He came back to India after the 1971 war, because Pakistan would not accept them, and they did not want to stay in Bangladesh.

14b301b24e2dabd91c9c05631852229b.jpg

6bd210edcd42f7892360d76d891d0933.jpg

Rashid Minhas

Pilot Officer Rashid Minhas NH, was a military officer in the Pakistan Air Force. Minhas was the only PAF officer to receive the highest valour award, the Nishan-e-Haider. He was also the youngest person and the shortest-serving officer to have received this award.

On 20 August of that year, in the hour before noon, he was getting ready to take off in a T-33 jet trainer in Karachi, Pakistan. His second solo flight in that type of aircraft. Minhas was taxiing toward the runway when a Bengali instructor pilot, Flight Lieutenant Matiur Rahman, signalled him to stop and then climbed into the instructor's seat. The jet took off and turned toward India.

Minhas radioed PAF Base Masroor with the message that he was being hijacked. The air controller requested that he resend his message, and he confirmed the hijacking. Later investigation showed that Rahman intended to defect to India to join his compatriots in the Bangladesh Liberation War, along with the jet trainer. In the air, Minhas struggled physically to wrest control from Rahman; each man tried to overpower the other through the mechanically linked flight controls. Some 32 miles (51 km) from the Indian border, the jet crashed near Thatta. Both men were killed.[9]

Born: February 17, 1951, Karachi
Died: August 20, 1971, Thatta

220px-Jaun3.jpg

Syed Sibt-e-Asghar Naqvi, commonly known as Jaun Elia (Urdu: جون ایلیا‎, 14 December 1931 – 8 November 2002), was a Pakistani Urdu poet, philosopher, biographer, and scholar. He was the brother of Rais Amrohvi and Syed Muhammad Taqi, who were journalists and psychoanalysts. He was fluent in Urdu, Arabic, English, Persian, Sanskrit and Hebrew.[citation needed] One of the most prominent modern Pakistani poets, popular for his unconventional ways,[1] he "acquired knowledge of philosophy, logic, Islamic history, the Muslim Sufi tradition, Muslim religious sciences, Western literature, and Kabbala."[2]

Born 14 December 1931
Amroha, United Provinces, British India

Died 8 November 2002 (aged 70)
Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaun_Elia

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom