What's new

Achievements those who migrated for Pakistan empty handed & what they achieved for dream of Pakistan

14b301b24e2dabd91c9c05631852229b.jpg

6bd210edcd42f7892360d76d891d0933.jpg

Rashid Minhas

Pilot Officer Rashid Minhas NH, was a military officer in the Pakistan Air Force. Minhas was the only PAF officer to receive the highest valour award, the Nishan-e-Haider. He was also the youngest person and the shortest-serving officer to have received this award.

On 20 August of that year, in the hour before noon, he was getting ready to take off in a T-33 jet trainer in Karachi, Pakistan. His second solo flight in that type of aircraft. Minhas was taxiing toward the runway when a Bengali instructor pilot, Flight Lieutenant Matiur Rahman, signalled him to stop and then climbed into the instructor's seat. The jet took off and turned toward India.

Minhas radioed PAF Base Masroor with the message that he was being hijacked. The air controller requested that he resend his message, and he confirmed the hijacking. Later investigation showed that Rahman intended to defect to India to join his compatriots in the Bangladesh Liberation War, along with the jet trainer. In the air, Minhas struggled physically to wrest control from Rahman; each man tried to overpower the other through the mechanically linked flight controls. Some 32 miles (51 km) from the Indian border, the jet crashed near Thatta. Both men were killed.[9]

Born: February 17, 1951, Karachi
Died: August 20, 1971, Thatta

Correct me if I'm wrong but his ancestors hail from Qila Ahmadabad in Punjab Pakistan. His family moved from there to Karachi, then to Lahore, then to Pindi and then back to Karachi. Don't think they migrated from India to Pakistan.

Correct me if I'm wrong but his ancestors hail from Qila Ahmadabad in Punjab Pakistan. His family moved from there to Karachi, then to Lahore, then to Pindi and then back to Karachi. Don't think they migrated from India to Pakistan.

why are my posts deleted? they should be restored to the thread

You may not like MQM but some of her leaders are really good in history. They can talk, with FACTS.

Corrections for the minister. Orient Airways was a publicly traded private company and not owned by Mr. Ispahani. It was also not gifted to anyone by him since he could not. It was nationalised (through compensation) and merged with PIAC.

Furthermore, The Roosevelt Hotel never had anything to do with Mr. Ispahani, let alone being his gift to Pakistan. PIA leased the hotel in 1979 with an option to buy after 20 years. This option was exercised in 1999. The original deal had some private Saudi investment which was also paid off by PIA in 2005 bringing PIA's share in the hotel to 99%.

I have no idea where the minister is getting his information from.

why are my posts deleted? they should be restored to the thread

That is a question for another mod. I'd advise raising it at GHQ. Apart from that, please feel free to post about any and all people who migrated to Pakistan, from whichever direction.

Last edited:
Asalam Alikum,

The thread of title says it all - You are here to LEARN about the SACRIFICES and CONTRIBUTION of Urdu Speakers and other Migrants (Memon, Gujrati etc) towards PAKISTAN.

Despite being ONLY 8%-10% of whole Pakistani population, the GIGANTIC efforts, sweat and blood was given by Migrants at EVERY need of the hour, UNQUESTIONED.

May be that's why Karachi and Urdu speakers are always taken for granted...Well, that's another topic.

I am honored to be the first guy to start this kind of thread. Being from Karachi myself, I take ABSOLUTE pride of being part of such civilized and educated community who can also actually FIGHT, if need arises, against all odds. There's always a fighting and daring instinct in our blood....We are the SURVIVORS and WINNERS - made this country, traveled all way long, settled in Karachi and urban areas of Sindh and turned them into such a heaven that every other ethnicity left speechless and stunned.

As of now, we are probably in our worst phase but guess what, good times will come and this SHALL too pass, Insha Allah :)

So, you guys can definitely take part in this thread and can discuss and talk and post all personalities from migrants/Urdu Speaking background who did some for Pakistan.

------------
------------

For me, I will start from him - the most respected ; Mr. Edhi

Abdul_Sattar_Edhi.jpg

Born: February 28, 1928, Bantva, India
Died: July 8, 2016, Karachi

Abdul Sattar Edhi was a Pakistani philanthropist, ascetic, and humanitarian who founded the Edhi Foundation, which runs the world's largest volunteer ambulance network, along with various homeless shelters, animal shelters, rehabilitation centres, and orphanages across Pakistan.

He died on 8 July 2016 at the age of 88 due to complete kidney failure after having been placed on a ventilator. One of his last wishes was that his organs be donated for the use of the needy but due to his poor health, only his corneas were suitable for later use in donation. He was laid to rest at Edhi Village in Karachi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdul_Sattar_Edhi#
Don't forget this guy , who finance State Bank of Pakistan and pay the salaries of govt employees from his personal account ...Later how local greedy politicians treated him ..
1598630959154.png

1598631749335.png

Last edited:
Apart from that, please feel free to post about any and all people who migrated to Pakistan, from whichever direction.
it is demeaning. like indian muslims trying to appease the fascists of their patriotism.

Well, This guys is little controversial :)

19b1a77b04c7e04b85dc6ba85a339abc.jpg

Pervez Musharraf is a Pakistani former four-star general and politician who became the tenth president of Pakistan after the successful 1999 Pakistani coup d'état. He held the presidency from 2001 until 2008, when he tendered his resignation to avoid impeachment. Wikipedia

Born: August 11, 1943 (age 76 years), Old Delhi, Delhi, India
Is that a gun-shaped lighter in his hand?

- PRTP GWD

Why are you being spoil sport? The thread is about self masturbating, blowing own trumpets, walking around with expanded chests while looking down at the 95% ignorant, uncouth majority of Pakistan who should be at their feet.

That is clearly not the intention of the OP or this thread.

it is demeaning. like indian muslims trying to appease the fascists of their patriotism.

I can see that. However, I believe this thread's and OP's intention is to silence those who, in their utter ignorance, deny the immeasurable services rendered by migrants to their country.

However, I believe this thread's and OP's intention is to silence those who, in their utter ignorance, deny the immeasurable services rendered by migrants to their country.
Nobody should be forced to pillage the deeds of the dead for livelihood or dignity of human existence.

Isphani family also donated there building in Washinton DC , now its Pakistan embassy .

View attachment 664760

That building in the picture was built and then inaugurated in 2011. From 1951 till 2011 the embassy was located at the Francis B. Moran House which was also not owned by the Ispahani Family.

It might be the building which is the Pakistani Ambassador's official residence in Washington.

Last edited:
1598641337712.png

Mohammad Ikramullah KCMG (hon), CIE ( Pakistan's first foreign secretary considered to be founder of foreign office)

Born into an aristocratic family in the princely state of Bhopal, Ikramullah served as a senior member in the Indian Civil Service for the Government of British India. He went on to join Jinnah's Partition Committee becoming Pakistan's first Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs and Ambassador to Canada, France, Portugal and the United Kingdom. He served as Advisor to the preparatory commissions of the United Nations in London and San Francisco, and at its first general assembly (1945-1946). Appointed Companion of the Order of the Indian Empire (1946). He had been nominated as Secretary-General of the Commonwealth at the time of his death. Married to Kolkata-born Shaista Suhrawardy, a writer and one of Pakistan's first two female members of Parliament.

After independence, he was appointed the first Foreign Secretary of Pakistan in 1947 by Jinnah himself. Ikramullah played key roles in establishing the Commonwealth Economic Committee and had been nominated as Secretary-General of the Commonwealth at the time of his death in 1963.

His younger brother, Mohammad Hidayatullah, was Chief Justice of India from 1968–70, Vice President of India from 1979–84, and served as acting President of India twice.

Corrections for the minister. Orient Airways was a publicly traded private company and not owned by Mr. Ispahani. It was also not gifted to anyone by him since he could not. It was nationalised (through compensation) and merged with PIAC.

Furthermore, The Roosevelt Hotel never had anything to do with Mr. Ispahani, let alone being his gift to Pakistan. PIA leased the hotel in 1979 with an option to buy after 20 years. This option was exercised in 1999. The original deal had some private Saudi investment which was also paid off by PIA in 2005 bringing PIA's share in the hotel to 99%.

I have no idea where the minister is getting his information from.

Strange..Are you sure? Below tweet says it was though jointly owned but Mr. Ispahani was one of the member.

But he did offer his airline to Pakistan for national usage, didn't he?

Regarding hotel, can you quote some references?

Actually, I initially had a different title of thread "Contributions of Migrants and Urdu Speakers for Pakistan" but later it got changed by one Mod into current title. I intend to share of both - Migrants and their off springs as well

CORRECT :)

Zia-ul-Haq (12 August 1924 – 17 August 1988) was a Pakistani four-star general who became the sixth President of Pakistan after declaring martial law in 1977. He served as the head of state from 1978 until his death in 1988. He remains the country’s longest-serving head of state.

Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq
محمد ضیاء الحق
Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq (Pakistan president).jpg
Zia as president, circa 1985
6th President of Pakistan
In office
16 September 1978 – 17 August 1988
Prime Minister
Muhammad Khan Junejo
Preceded by
Fazal Ilahi Chaudhry
Succeeded by
Ghulam Ishaq Khan
Chief of Army Staff
In office
1 March 1976 – 17 August 1988
Preceded by
Tikka Khan
Succeeded by
Mirza Aslam Beg
Personal details
Born
12 August 1924
Jalandhar, Punjab, British India
(now in Punjab, India)
Died
17 August 1988 (aged 64)
Bahawalpur, Punjab, Pakistan
Cause of death
Airplane crash
Resting place
Faisal Mosque, Islamabad
Nationality
British Indian (1924–1947)
Pakistani (1947–1988)
Spouse(s)
Begum Shafiq Zia (1950–1988; his death)[1]
Children
5 (including Muhammad Ijaz-ul-Haq)
Alma mater
St. Stephen's College, Delhi
United States Army Command and General Staff College
Military service
Allegiance
British India
Pakistan
Branch/service
British Indian Army
Pakistan Army
Years of service
1943–1988
Rank
OF-9 Pakistan Army.svg General
Unit
22 Cavalry, Army Armoured Corps (PA – 1810)
Commands
2nd Independent Armoured Brigade
1st Armoured Division
II Strike Corps
Chief of Army Staff
Battles/wars
World War II
Indo-Pakistani War of 1965
Indo-Pakistani War of 1971
Soviet–Afghan War
Educated at Delhi University, Zia saw action in World War II as a British Indian Army officer in Burma and Malaya, before opting for Pakistan in 1947 and fighting as a tank commander in the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965. In 1970, he led a military training mission to Jordan, proving instrumental to defeating the Black September insurgency against King Hussein.[2] In recognition, Prime Minister Zulfikar Ali Bhutto appointed Zia Chief of Army Staff in 1976.[3] Following civil disorder, Zia deposed Bhutto in a military coup and declared martial law on 5 July 1977.[4] Bhutto was controversially tried by the Supreme Court and executed less than two years later, for allegedly authorising the murder of Nawab Muhammad Ahmed Khan Kasuri, a political opponent.[5]

Assuming the presidency in 1978, Zia played a major role in the Soviet–Afghan War. Backed by the United States and Saudi Arabia, Zia systematically coordinated the Afghan mujahideen against the Soviet occupation throughout the 1980s.[6][7] This culminated in the Soviet Union's withdrawal in 1989, but also led to the proliferation of millions of refugees, with heroin and weaponry into Pakistan's frontier province. On the foreign front, Zia also bolstered ties with China and the United States, and emphasised Pakistan's role in the Islamic world, while relations with India worsened amid the Siachen conflict and accusations that Pakistan was aiding the Khalistan movement. Domestically, Zia passed broad-ranging legislation as part of Pakistan's Islamization, curbed civil liberties, and heightened press censorship.[8] He also escalated Pakistan's atomic bomb project, and instituted industrialisation and deregulation, helping Pakistan's economy become the fastest-growing in South Asia.[9] Averaged over Zia's rule, GDP growth was the highest in the country's history.[10]

After lifting martial law and holding non-partisan elections in 1985, Zia appointed Muhammad Khan Junejo Prime Minister but accumulated more presidential powers via the Eighth Amendment to the Constitution.[11] After Junejo signed the Geneva Accords in 1988 against Zia's wishes, and called for an inquiry into the Ojhri Camp disaster, Zia dismissed Junejo's government and announced fresh elections in November 1988. He was killed along with several of his top military officials and two American diplomats in a mysterious plane crash near Bahawalpur on 17 August 1988. To this day, Zia remains a polarising figure in Pakistan's history, credited for preventing wider Soviet incursions into the region as well as economic prosperity, but decried for weakening democratic institutions and passing laws encouraging religious intolerance.[12][13] He is also cited for promoting the early political career of Nawaz Sharif, who would be thrice elected Prime Minister.[14][15]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom