What's new

Abdul Sattar Edhi Passes away

We should start a campaign against Mr. Eidhi's state funeral because he doesn’t want any recognition from the corrupt Govt.

We will be not forgiven if we will not replicate our heroes.

Bichra kuch is adaa se k rut hee badal gayi

Ik shakhs saare sheher ko veeran ker gaya

We should start a campaign against Mr. Eidhi's state funeral because he doesn’t want any recognition from the corrupt Govt.

I would say let it be.

It was his greatness that he doesn't want anything for himself, but lets give him whatever you can just "once".

I would say let it be.

It was his greatness that he doesn't want anything for himself, but lets give him whatever you can just "once".
Every person should have right of last wish and he refuses any state support.
i rest my case with that.

Every person should have right of last wish and he refuses any state support.
i rest my case with that.

I agree.

Perhaps a huge donation by awam to his foundation would be a good tribute.

Ensure the foundation dont fall part or in wrong hands.

Hope he lives on through his foundation, a great human being indeed.

5 Extraordinary Facts About Abdul Sattar Edhi
Abdul Sattar Edhi is no unknown name in Pakistan, and around the globe. One of the most active philanthropist, social activist, and humanitarian in Pakistan, he hails from British India and moved to Karachi at the age of 20.

A lot can be said about this man, who is the epitome of compassion, perseverance, and courage. He has been a guiding light, a ray of hope, and a hero to many around the world. Here are some facts about him that are a true source of inspiration, and motivation to millions of individuals world over.

1. His life’s success- Edhi Foundation
Edhi-foundation--640x434.jpg

One of the world’s largest ambulance service, and now the biggest humanitarian foundation in Pakistan, Edhi began his investment on merely 5,000rs. Today, the foundation entails having over 300 clinics, 2000 ambulances nationwide, 8 hospitals in Karachi alone, a cancer hospital, mobile clinics, free legal aid services and so much more. Thousands of lives have been saved through this one foundation.

2. He himself is extremely humble and leads a simple life
Edhi-with-his-wife-.jpg

Several interviews, and a documentary on him showcased how the head of a million dollar foundation leads his life. He lives in a very ordinary, humble dwelling of a two bedroom apartment. He says he has only two pairs of clothes, and has never taken a single penny from the foundation.

3. He spends a lot of time with people in need
Edhi-with-students--640x480.jpg

His day to day tasks involve spending time and educating orphaned children, traveling occasionally with ambulances at unfortunate events, bathing the handicapped, and spends his evenings having meals with the poor at the ‘Langar’ (free community meals) his organization’s setup.

4. He faces traveling issues
Edhi-and-his-wife-.jpg

While traveling to foreign countries, he has been detained many times at several airports. He was detained for 16 hours at Toronto airport, interrogated for over 8 hours at JFK Airport, (New York,) arrested by Israeli troops while entering Lebanon, and denied entry to Gaza by the authorities.

When asked about his usual detentions, Edhi believes that this disrespect is due to his dress and his beard.

5. He loves M&M’s
Edhi-Abdul-Sattar.jpg

We found this interesting fact through an article online where a documentary film maker spent months in Pakistan filming Abdul Sattar Edhi, and his work. The film maker, Bassam Tariq, in the interview mentions that getting Edhi to give his personal time was a heavy task to accomplish. After two trips from America, constant cries for a one-on-one interview, and showing their own persistent, it was the M&M’s that might have won Edhi’s heart.

Pakistani philanthropist Abdul Sattar Edhi dies aged 88
  • 1 hour ago
  • From the sectionAsia
_90337317_033970083.jpg
Image copyrightAP
Image captionAbdul Sattar Edhi had suffered from kidney problems
Renowned Pakistani philanthropist Abdul Sattar Edhi, who dedicated his life to the poor, has died at the age of 88.

Mr Edhi's family said he had died at a medical centre in Karachi where he had been having treatment for some weeks.

Mr Edhi began his charitable work as a young man.

The Edhi Foundation now provides a broad range of free social services, including ambulances, orphanages and support for the elderly and disabled.

Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif expressed his sorrow at Mr Edhi's death and said he prayed that he would have "the best place in paradise".

"We have lost a great servant of humanity," Mr Sharif said.

"He was the real manifestation of love for those who were socially vulnerable, impoverished, helpless and poor."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36752208

Pakistan's humanitarian Abdul Sattar Edhi dies
The man often referred to as “Pakistan’s Mother Teresa” has died from renal failure at a Karachi hospital.
Prominent Pakistani philanthropist Abdul Sattar Edhi has died from renal failure, his family has said. He was 88.

Earlier on Friday, Faisal Edhi told a news conference that his father was in critical condition at the intensive care unit of a Karachi hospital.

His condition took a turn for the worse in the afternoon when he faced difficulty breathing while undergoing dialysis at the Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation. Doctors had put Edhi on ventilator, his son Faisal said.

Edhi's war was against prejudice, cruelty. No politics, no fatwas, no greed. Just humanity for the sake of humanity. pic.twitter.com/i8jLW2UfuZ

In June, he reportedly declined an offer from former president Asif Ali Zardari for treatment abroad, saying he would only be treated in a government hospital in Pakistan.

Edhi, was born in 1928 in a village called Bantva inside what is now India’s Gujarat state.

He received the Ramon Magsaysay Award for public service in 1986. The Edhi Foundation operates ambulance services, orphanages, women’s shelters, dispensaries and morgues in several Pakistani cities.

Additional reporting by Alia Chughtai in Karachi.

Source: Al Jazeera

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/...n-abdul-sattar-edhi-dies-160708184523940.html

I have no words to explain my pain but I have my eyes full of tears and Prayers for this Great Man , The Legend and Real Hero of Pakistan , Sir May ALLAH Forgive your Sins and Grant you Place in Jannat .

Although our hero don't want any state Funeral , because he lived very simple life , BUT I will say we have to give The Greatest Pakistani a full State Funeral , He was and he is Our Hero .

Pakistan mourns Abdul Sattar Edhi's death
The Edhi Foundation head breathed his last at SIUT after prolonged fight with illnesses following kidney failure
By News Desk
Published: July 9, 2016
1138006-Edhi-1468004638-855-640x480.jpg

The Edhi Foundation head breathed his last at SIUT after prolonged fight with illnesses following kidney failure. PHOTO: FILE

Philanthropist, social worker, a slogan of welfare and humanity, Abdul Sattar Edhi is no more.

The head of Edhi Foundation breathed his last at the Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT) on Friday after kidney failure.

The philanthropist was brought to SIUT after he had trouble breathing and was subsequently put on ventilator.

Social media quickly lit up in honour of the man whose work uplifting the nation’s destitute and orphans cemented his place in the hearts of Pakistan’s masses.

Abdul Sattar Edhi passes away in Karachi

“He was a real gem and asset for Pakistan. We have lost a great servant of humanity.”

Others lauded him as “the greatest Pakistani”, calling his death a “national tragedy”.

The nation expressed grief soon after the news broke out.

Here are some of the reactions on Twitter following the announcement of the philanthropist’s death:

Gen Asim BajwaVerified account ‏@AsimBajwaISPR 2h2 hours ago

With legendary Edhi sahib passing away not only Pakistan but the world will mourn the loss of a great human being.May he rest in peace-Ameen

Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri‏@TahirulQadri 2h2 hours ago

My heart and sympathies go out to the family of #Edhi sahib. I pray to Allah Almighty to rest his soul in eternal peace.

Ramiz RajaVerified account ‏@iramizraja 3h3 hours ago

Edhi RIP end of a great innings. In pursuit of ppls welfare he hit politics for 6, yorked colour & religion,ran out terrorism by direct hit

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1138006/pakistan-mourns-abdul-sattar-edhis-death/

Pakistani philanthropist Abdul Sattar Edhi dies aged 88

_90337317_033970083.jpg

Image caption Abdul Sattar Edhi had suffered from kidney problems
Renowned Pakistani philanthropist Abdul Sattar Edhi, who dedicated his life to the poor, has died at the age of 88.

Mr Edhi's family said he had died at a medical centre in Karachi where he had been having treatment for some weeks.

Mr Edhi began his charitable work as a young man.

The Edhi Foundation now provides a broad range of free social services, including ambulances, orphanages and support for the elderly and disabled.

Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif expressed his sorrow at Mr Edhi's death and said he prayed that he would have "the best place in paradise".

"We have lost a great servant of humanity," Mr Sharif said.

"He was the real manifestation of love for those who were socially vulnerable, impoverished, helpless and poor."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36752208

Edhi was truly an asset for Pakistan: PM Nawaz

l_133443_070449_updates.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minster Nawaz Sharif expressed deep sorrow and regret at the passing of Pakistan's most revered philanthropist Abdul Sattar Edhi.

Immediately after Mr Edhi passed away, PM Nawaz said that the philanthropist was a true asset of the country. In a statement he said that the world had been deprived from a person who had served humanity to the utmost.

PM Nawaz also expressed the hope that Allah may forgive Mr Edhi and ease his path to the Hereafter.

Senate Chairman Raza Rabbani spoke to Geo News and disclosed that he had met Mr Edhi a couple of days ago. He said that Edhi had worked for humanity without any regard to religion, race, cast or creed.

Senior MQM leader Dr Farooq Sattar also spoke to Geo News and termed Mr Edhi's death as an irreparable loss.

"I don't think there can be another person like Mr Edhi who can do what he did," he said. "The void created after his death may never be filled."

Farooq Sattar also stated that Edhi had worked for the poor and the needy without any sort of discrimination.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/133443-Edhi-was-truly-an-asset-for-Pakistan-PM-Nawaz

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom