What's new

Ababeel SSM - Pakistan gains MIRV technology.

The launch pad for test flights is separate from the erector, by design. The erector is lined up with the pad and and the missile is erected on it, afterwards the erector is towed away. The reason is obvious that a test launch can be (and has been) a hazardous activity, so risks to all related assets are minimized.

However for operational TELs (like the ones pictured above), the pad is a part of the whole erector assembly, remains attached to the TEL during the launch and is disposed off later.

Only Launch Pad is disposed off, TEL can be reused ?

I was having doubts how the rear wheel tyres withstand the heat ..

Yeah. Take a look at the following image. The 'pad' is designed to deflect the exhaust away from the vehicle. Observe that curved plate at the back of the pad.

full

Yeah. Take a look at the following image. The 'pad' is designed to deflect the exhaust away from the vehicle. Observe that curved plate at the back of the pad.

full
Sir dont you think ababeels bus needs 2M dia booster(first stage) with next generation propellant(solid fuel grain).

This one is MIRV capable tested for the first time, can carry multiple warheads & strike multiple targets. It enhances first strike capability and is difficult to be countered by any missile defence system.
View attachment 371453
Wow, hope we increase its range little more around 3000km. Also this is better answer to counter India S400 threat.

Generally speaking, the TEL wheels and the entire rare section are specially made with refractory materials. The tires are reusable but I think they might be taken off for repair or recycle (depending on the condition) once the vehicle returns to its station.

Back
Top Bottom