What's new

Ababeel SSM - Pakistan gains MIRV technology.

posted by some Indian twitter..

39082976_1672493839529460_1818634537769369600_n.jpg

this pic aint photoshop.

Just a general knowledge question,

Why Ababeel is in Vertical Position and erector Horizontal? if its not on the erector or launcher, Missile should not be in a storage flat horizontal position?

Forgive my ignorance, Please.

Please tell me what is that in Orange circle, Shadow of erector? why its not matching with other shadows?

May be I am seeing something different, want to learn.

upload_2018-8-14_16-31-39.png

Just a general knowledge question,

Why Ababeel is in Vertical Position and erector Horizontal? if its not on the erector or launcher, Missile should not be in a storage flat horizontal position?

Forgive my ignorance, Please.

Please tell me what is that in Orange circle, Shadow of erector? why its not matching with other shadows?

May be I am seeing something different, want to learn.

View attachment 492119
Once the erector erects the missile in a vertical position, the missile rests on a "pad" of sorts. Later, the erector is unhinged from the missile and lowered back in the horizontal position. See the following images for reference:

Galleries_Image+Galleries_StrategicArsenel_CNS,Scientist,+Engineers+and+other+with+Shaheen-II.jpg

Ghauri2-3.jpg

Once the erector erects the missile in a vertical position, the missile rests on a "pad" of sorts. Later, the erector is unhinged from the missile and lowered back in the horizontal position. See the following images for reference:

Galleries_Image+Galleries_StrategicArsenel_CNS,Scientist,+Engineers+and+other+with+Shaheen-II.jpg

Ghauri2-3.jpg
Thank you very much for the explanation. I have one more questions or confusion.

in the reference Pictures, looks like Launch pad is joined with the erector, but in satellite image its not. can it be separated? if yes then what is the purpose of having erector so close so close? once the missile has been erected and available to launch at will.

Thank you very much for the explanation. I have one more questions or confusion.

in the reference Pictures, looks like Launch pad is joined with the erector, but in satellite image its not. can it be separated? if yes then what is the purpose of having erector so close so close? once the missile has been erected and available to launch at will.
The launch pad for test flights is separate from the erector, by design. The erector is lined up with the pad and and the missile is erected on it, afterwards the erector is towed away. The reason is obvious that a test launch can be (and has been) a hazardous activity, so risks to all related assets are minimized.

However for operational TELs (like the ones pictured above), the pad is a part of the whole erector assembly, remains attached to the TEL during the launch and is disposed off later.

The launch pad for test flights is separate from the erector, by design. The erector is lined up with the pad and and the missile is erected on it, afterwards the erector is towed away. The reason is obvious that a test launch can be (and has been) a hazardous activity, so risks to all related assets are minimized.

However for operational TELs (like the ones pictured above), the pad is a part of the whole erector assembly, remains attached to the TEL during the launch and is disposed off later.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom