What's new

Ababeel SSM - Pakistan gains MIRV technology.

Testing a MIRV capable missile and demonstrating MIRV technology are entirely different.. If Pakistan tested only a MIRV capable missile not MIRV technology, that means some slight modification to existing ballistic missile.. That's all..

:lol::rofl:

Lmfao.

We have been talking about Pakistan's MIRVed missile development since over a DECADE. It's just that poor toiletless indians never believed Pakistani senior posters regarding the project. Now that we have broken a very advance glass ceiling in missile development and capability, indians like you are humiliated and confused---and blabbering about "where did THIS come from?! It's probably China :cry:"

What crying losers. :lol:

No wonder hindus were raped, butchered, and ruled over by superior Muslims for 1000s of years

LOL Pakistan has been working on MIRV tech for a very very long time. This is a lot of blood and sweat we witnessed yesterday. Man, I cannot hide my joyous feelings. First the amazing achievement of Babur III and now Ababeel! We have sent a very clear message to the enemies. You can't fvck around with Pakistan. We are not Afghanistan, Syria or Iraq. We are going to look you straight in the eye if you have anything to say.

lol You never had an unsuccessful test.

This is China's reply to India. Never heard of this missile before. MIRV takes decades of mastery in RV and missile technologies. India is still developing though we have decades of launch experiences with satellites. Now your missile suddenly comes out of a hanger. lol

LMAO Keep burning.

I remember reading something about a no fly zone over all of Pakistan? With the shiny new s400 that India was going to buy?? And according to our Indian friends place them close to the border. Guess what?? OBSOLETE! Before you even have it? How do you like them apples?

The same applies to you. It is fake. Everyone is lying including all the reputable sources around the world. Only Indian sources are right. It was a fake test. Grab a coffee and chill out.
That's not how you debate. You can bring in your evidence to prove me wrong. I would stand corrected.

That's not how you debate. You can bring in your evidence to prove me wrong. I would stand corrected.
Man first of all get on a single agenda. Either decide that it was fake or decide that it was Chinese don't contradict your own statements.

Man first of all get on a single agenda. Either decide that it was fake or decide that it was Chinese don't contradict your own statements.
Sorry but unlike others I don't have preconcieved Notions. I would like to look for the facts myself and not be affected by what others have to say. Baki nationalistic comments to chalte rehte hai. But facts apne jagah pe nationalism apne jagah pe

Don't
Don't you think you guys should actually test MIRV before inviting yourself to the club. As per ISPR they have tested "MIRV Capable" missile not MIRV itself. Theoretically any missile is MIRV capable as long as you remove the unitary warhead and attach multiple small warhead on a bus. Claiming to test a nuke when you just tested a missile claimed to be "Nuclear Capable" is utter foolishness then why is everyone claiming that they tested MIRV tech?

Sure! this time its not the colors it's a Grammer mistake by ISPR? Are u willing to risk your life to find out if it was a Grammer Mistake or an acutall MIRV? Im sure ur navy knows better. Who were actually there monitoring with their fancy radars.

Sorry but unlike others I don't have preconcieved Notions. I would like to look for the facts myself and not be affected by what others have to say. Baki nationalistic comments to chalte rehte hai. But facts apne jagah pe nationalism apne jagah pe
So why do you think that we would test shaheen 2 rocket again. It was MIRV tested the warhead design and MIRV bus was tested.

Hi @Windjammer @Areesh @Devil Soul
can you please have a look at 0:05 to 0:08 look closely a bird comes close to the missile and then flies away from it, the bird should have been minuscule in comparison to missile but the bird look quit large, can you explain or rope in any expert to ? I think it might be camera effect but its a little weird ASSUMING THE MISSILE TO BE 9-10 METERS LONG

NOT TROLLING
The bird is closer to the camera.....

What you need to know about Pakistan's Ababeel ballistic missile
ALI OSMAN — UPDATED 8 minutes ago
WHATSAPP
6 COMMENTS
PRINT
The strategic forces of Pakistan, with the testing of the 2,200 kilometre range Ababeel ballistic missile, have achieved vital technological and deterrence capability with the introduction of a missile with multiple independently targetable re-entry vehicle (MIRV) compatibility.

The Ababeel's MIRV capability means it can carry multiple warheads, instead of a single payload. Hence, it is a single missile that provides the strategic capability of hitting multiple targets with a single launch. Such missiles greatly increase the potency of a country’s strategic nuclear arsenal.

Pakistan has become the seventh country in the world to now posses the technology, which was developed in the late '60s by the Americans and Russians.

India first tested a MIRV capable missile in 2012, with the successful launch of the Agni-V. India conducted its second successful test in 2013. The tests conducted by India had offset the strategic strike balance in South Asia.

In order to maintain that balance, it had become vital for the Pakistani strategic forces to develop MIRV capable missiles.

Pakistan’s strategic deterrence challenged
India’s quest for a ballistic missile defence (BMD) system also challenged the effectiveness of Pakistan’s strategic deterrence. To counter India’s BMD, which is still in development, Pakistan had to develop a viable solution given financial and resource constraints. Although the Ababeel has shorter range when compared with India’s Agni-V, it provides the needed deterrence.

Ballistic missiles equipped with MIRVs release their warheads typically in the post-boost phase, and reduces the effectiveness of a missile defence system, which relies on intercepting individual warheads. While an attacking missile can have multiple warheads, interceptors have a single warhead.

In both military and economic terms, the cost of maintaining an effective defence against MIRVs would significantly increase. Multiple interceptor missiles would be required for each incoming offensive missile. The defending side also has to factor in the probability of hit per interceptor, and whether the warhead is a decoy or not, hence reducing the effectiveness of such systems manifold.

58878c5f6cac1.jpg

Ababeel ballistic missile. -ISPR

How MIRV-capable ballistic missiles work
In a MIRV-capable ballistic missile, the main rocket motor pushes the warhead containing compartment into a free flight suborbital ballistic flight path. After the end of the boost phase, the compartment manoeuvres using onboard rocket motors and utilises an inertial guidance system for maintaining accuracy in flight.

With a ballistic trajectory achieved, the re-entry vehicles with the warheads onboard releases the munition on that trajectory, and then manoeuvres to release the other munitions on other targets. The process is repeated till all munitions are released on the designated targets.

Accuracy is crucial and the onboard navigational systems ensure accurate delivery within the circular error of probability (CEP). The CEP is simply the radius of the circle that the warhead has a 50 per cent chance of falling into.

Details and technical specifications of the onboard systems and missiles are closely guarded national secrets, in order to limit the counter measures that can be taken against such missiles. It is not yet clear how many MIRVs will be carried by the Ababeel.

So now when the kite high nationalist have calmned down, let me ask this... Did you guys test MIRV capable missile or MIRV itself. Bcoz the video just shows the missile not the MIRV downrange. If it is really an MIRV test then what kind of bus was used? which type of warheads where used?

Also to some learned members out here, how wide will be the MIRV throw considering the missile has range of 2000Km? (ie, the altitude achived by a 2000km balistic projectile is way less than 13000km missile, hence the warheads will be released at a lower altitude and hence a lower glide range)
Going by the limits of the NAVAREA warning, MIRVs would have been deployed as MRVs, in this test. Besides, since this was the first test of the system, it was flown on a much lofted trajectory and much lesser ranger (~1100km), and the focus was on validating performance of all 3 stages and successful ejection of MIRVs. Having said that, your concern doesn't matters because sooner or later Pakistan will demonstrate true MIRV capability. NESCOM didn't go to such lengths just for show.

That's true that the MIRV spread will be lower, but we can only speculate. The lateral spread might not be as much as the horizontal one, but I'd expect it be anywhere from 100-200km apart overall.

Last edited:
Don't
Don't you think you guys should actually test MIRV before inviting yourself to the club. As per ISPR they have tested "MIRV Capable" missile not MIRV itself. Theoretically any missile is MIRV capable as long as you remove the unitary warhead and attach multiple small warhead on a bus. Claiming to test a nuke when you just tested a missile claimed to be "Nuclear Capable" is utter foolishness then why is everyone claiming that they tested MIRV tech?

With my limited knowledge on this subject i can say that every missile cannot be MIRV capable as fitting the canopy with multiple warheads means redesigning the canopy by increasing it's size coupled with adding more juice to the propulsion system to support the additional weight means redesigning the fuel storage. Both these changes mean the whole missile needs to be redesigned. This is just common sense.

And Pakistani scientists are not stupid to spend time and resources on designing an MIRV capable missile if they are not able to produce MIRVs.

Like i said earlier, people in the Indian defense forces surely know what Pakistan is capable of.

Sure! this time its not the colors it's a Grammer mistake by ISPR? Are u willing to risk your life to find out if it was a Grammer Mistake or an acutall MIRV? Im sure ur navy knows better. Who were actually there monitoring with their fancy radars.
Whether Pakistan has mastered MIRV technology given that it merely mentions that the missile is “capable” of being fitted with a MIRV warhead, rather than announcing that it has mastered the technology and developed MIRV payload (Miniaturized nuclear warheads for MIRVs).

All You indian kids are funny. Do you actually think It's possible to fake a missile test in this day and age? With all the spying tools n technology i.e radars, satellites ? Do you actually believe that Pakistan launched a missile into the sky and India didn't know What kind it was? Where it was headed? If India didn't know then i have to say All ur intelligence agencies, Ur militaire, ur airforce and all the junk u spend billions of dollars on procuring from Isreal, Russia, U.S is Absolutely Waste of money n junk.

@All Members,

There was an anti-tank missile tested by Pakistan which was called "Hijara". I am trying to find its reference as like Abbabeel, that name was also taken from the same sura.

Anybody has exact name of that anti-tank missile and specs handy?

That was not an Anti tank missile but rather Runway penetration bomb

No
Runway penetration bomb= Hafar
Air deliver Anti Tank Cluster Bomb= Hijara

Back
Top Bottom