What's new

AAP- the real deal

Janata Darbar: Kejriwal miserably fails, where other CMs have been doing successfully.

New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has come in for criticism after the failure of his first Janata Durbar on Saturday, which saw uncontrollable crowds. While he has now decided to scrap the idea, CNN-IBN looks at how other Chief Ministers have been successfully having similar Janata Darbars for years.

The Aam Aadmi Party had tried to pitch Arvind Kejriwal's public interaction as something unique. But the fact is that Kejriwal did badly, what other Chief Ministers have been doing well for years.

Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, is famous for his Swagat initiative in the state. The UN award winning system has been in place since 2003. "Swagat has brought governance issues of the people directly to govt attention".

Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy listened intently to the complaint of a kidney patient in Kollam at one of his interactions. For the past three years, Chandy has been holding such mass contact programs and many get their issues resolved. "I am handicapped and came here to request for a two-wheeler. I am happy he has accepted my request," said a Kerala citizen.

In fact, Kerala's multi-layered grievance redressal system has already won a UN award. "I forget everything. I am in the middle of the sufferings of the people. There are a lot of genuine complaints and I am happy that I can solve their problems," Chandy said.

Hundreds have thronged the venue of Chief Minister's mass contact programme expecting that only the CM can solve their problems. Expectations are high but solutions to all problems cannot be found. But the Congress hopes that these initiatives can take them close to the people.

The Janata Darbar in Patna by Nitish is quite an organised event. People patiently wait here for their turn each Monday and Nitish Kumar meets each and every person who comes there with his complaint. This is one experiment which Nitish Kumar started when he came to power and this is a successful experiment.

While Kejriwal may have launched his darbar with publicity, its failure shows he has a lot to learn from other politicians and how it needs a proper system that involves bureaucrats too.

While Kejriwal may have launched his darbar with publicity, its failure shows he has a lot to learn from other politicians and how it needs a proper system that involves bureaucrats too.

LOL. Why would he learn from people he has been bad mouthing his whole life ?

He plans to learn at the expense of the people. Clearly no price is too high for this 'Aam admi'.

Punjab cabinet minister involved in drug trade, says alleged druglord | NDTV.com
So , both kejriwal and Vasundhara took the office along the same time .

AAP’s duplicity exposed: History-sheeter Kundan Singh leads party in Bihar | Niti Central

for starting i would like to say that ur signatures says all why u are upset with rise of aap.

during previous general elections........i saw lots of Internet supporters of bjp ............apprantly they just stayed on internet........and mr. advani remained pm in waiting ......and he is still waiting .
similar stuff is going on here again.

i dont know what is niti central...........never heard of it.

in punjab .......govt of akali bjp are running drug cartel...........will ya wish to vote them???
apprantly all hooligans of ruling alliance run free beating police officials even with the rank of AIG.

people cry about dynstay politics............what about punjab govt?//............doesnt a family doing same here?

think about it

AAp is new .......and i will give it a chance.......no matter what bjp modi fan boys says

Punjab cabinet minister involved in drug trade, says alleged druglord | NDTV.com

for starting i would like to say that ur signatures says all why u are upset with rise of aap.

during previous general elections........i saw lots of Internet supporters of bjp ............apprantly they just stayed on internet........and mr. advani remained pm in waiting ......and he is still waiting .
similar stuff is going on here again.

i dont know what is niti central...........never heard of it.

in punjab .......govt of akali bjp are running drug cartel...........will ya wish to vote them???
apprantly all hooligans of ruling alliance run free beating police officials even with the rank of AIG.

people cry about dynstay politics............what about punjab govt?//............doesnt a family doing same here?

think about it

AAp is new .......and i will give it a chance.......no matter what bjp modi fan boys says

Do you know why I have that signature ??

I voted in 3 elections and never to BJP .

All the time to congress and I regret it very much .

What difference it makes whether you vote for SP , BSP or AAP . All those returns to support for congress .

As of now AAP remains the largest anti-national party with a whole lot of traitors .

Even today another one joined , CPI member Kamal A. Mitra Chenoy joins AAP - Livemint

Bd35lmwCEAAmZuv.jpg

Do you know why I have that signature ??

I voted in 3 elections and never to BJP .

All the time to congress and I regret it very much .

What difference it makes whether you vote for SP , BSP or AAP . All those returns to support for congress .

As of now AAP remains the largest anti-national party with a whole lot of traitors .

Even today another one joined , CPI member Kamal A. Mitra Chenoy joins AAP - Livemint

Bd35lmwCEAAmZuv.jpg

well i never voted congress ...........nor mine family since 84.

but that doesnt mean that i will not look at what happened to my beautiful state in last 5-6 years...............we are totally ruined

as a from medical proffesion..........i see effects of drugs in my state ...........i see unemployment on rise ...............i see cheif minister surrounded by known criminals................i see whole family in politics and at cabinet ranks............i see them running wild on all over the state......industry leaving the state in a panic

we cant got to congress .............and cant let akali bjp to continue..............need a third option.......

and again dont put non-national links as a justification to ur statements mate

well i never voted congress ...........nor mine family since 84.

but that doesnt mean that i will not look at what happened to my beautiful state in last 5-6 years...............we are totally ruined

as a from medical proffesion..........i see effects of drugs in my state ...........i see unemployment on rise ...............i see cheif minister surrounded by known criminals................i see whole family in politics and at cabinet ranks............i see them running wild on all over the state......industry leaving the state in a panic

we cant got to congress .............and cant let akali bjp to continue..............need a third option.......

and again dont put non-national links as a justification to ur statements mate

What non-national link have I given ??

Arvind Kejriwal, shamelessly supports his tained law minister

The Aam Aadmi Party, which recently formed the government in Delhi and has won huge public support for its anti-corruption stand, is now tackling allegations that its Law Minister, Somnath Bharti, influenced a witness and tamper with evidence in a case he handled last year.

The BJP said the lawyer-turned-minister must resign immediately or be removed from office by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.

In August last year, Mr Bharti and his client were fighting a corruption case in a CBI court in Delhi when the judge said their conduct is "not only highly objectionable, unethical, but also amounts to tampering with evidence."

Mr Bharti has denied all charges. "We made an audio CD to expose those making false claims in the Rs. 116 cr case but the court refused to go into the details of the tapes. He however, evaded questions on whether, as a defence counsel, it was unethical for him to contact a prosecution witness.

Meanwhile Mr Kejriwal backed his tainted minister, calling the court observation "completely wrong."

This incident has now put Kejriwal amongst other Chief Ministers who have shamelessly backed their tained Ministers.

"This is a very serious allegation against Somnath Bharti. He misbehaved with his law secretary once. Now there is fresh evidence that he tried to tamper with evidence in an important case," said BJP leader Harsh Vardhan, who was chief ministerial candidate in the December Delhi election.

AAP's alliance partner the Congress refused to comment.

Back
Top Bottom