What's new

AAP- the real deal

Wind turbines also has cons too. It affect wind current. Gujarat model of Solar power plants is way better. Modi already proposed solar plant in Thar desert.

It will will be a great step. I don't know why Congress led govt. didn't took this step.

Yadav — a key architect of AAP's spectacular poll debut in Delhi polls alongside Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal and others — said AAP, which until recently didn't have "much clarity" on issues such as reservation, is very much in favour of a quota for SC/STs and OBCs.

Read more at:
AAP to seek more quota for lower castes, women: Yogendra Yadav - The Economic Times

I have a question for the AAP supporters. What do you think about the direct democracy they want, how realistic is it really and at what fields would you personally would have a say in government politcs (be it at state or national level)?

It has been shown to work elsewhere. Norm in most western countries. In India people say 'it doesn't work' and point out to the ward system. Fact is that in India grass roots decision making never really happened because devolution of power never really happened to the extent to which it should. I think AAPs plans may have serious falws, but it's a very good expermient- try it, see what's the issue and then fix it. The alternative is to proceed with the same system and risk nothing, learn nothing. Mohalla Sabha is actually an adaptation of the twon hall system what works very well in the US, so it has some precedence.

Kejriwal has no right to speak about corruption any more

http://www.firstpost.com/youspeak/i...rruption-any-more_4451.html?utm_source=hp-lhs

7 myths about Arvind Kejriwal

Myth 1: He’s a middle class phenomenon

The 2011 August Kranti agitation led by Anna Hazare was a middle class phenomenon. In 2012, when Kejriwal took on the likes of Robert Vadra and Nitin Gadkari, then the middle class was cheering him on.

Even when the Aam Aadmi Party was launched, it seemed like a party of, for and by the middle class. However all Kejriwal’s association with the middle class ended there. AAP campaigned in the jhuggi jhopdis, among autowallahs and the like.

Their major promises of free water, electricity bill cuts and 500 schools have absolutely no bearing on the middle class but the lower classes. Most of the middle class stayed with the BJP and that’s why they are the biggest party in the Delhi Assembly.

Myth 2: He represents a new kind of politics
Go through the AAP manifesto and you will find that it has more ideological similarities with the Communist Manifesto released in 1848 rather than the post-1991 liberalized India of today.

Most of the voters do not bother to go through manifestoes and check with ideologies and that’s why the AAP has got away on this count.

You may as well call him Arvind Karl Marx.

Myth 3: He has great ideas for the country
Freebies and subsidies are destroying the country and we are facing a financial collapse. So how will increasing freebies and subsidies make things better? Even something like 500 new schools is impractical in Delhi where land is at a premium.

How about beefing up the water and electricity supplies, modernizing them and cutting down on wastage and theft? Even if they want to do that they will not be able to do that thanks to this dole system. And how about improving the standards of the government schools in operation rather than building new ones?

They oppose nuclear power without giving any clarity on how we are going to meet our power shortfall. Prashant Bhushan also talked of giving Kashmir away which would be a highly disastrous move.

Myth 4: He’s an alternative to the BJP
When we got Independence, we were a firmly Left-leaning nation with all political parties, intellectuals, editors, historians, NGOs and civil society activists occupying that space. The only alternative to that is the BJP which leans to the Right.

Kejriwal and AAP also lean to the Left, so how are they an alternative to the BJP? AAP is an alternative to the Congress, CPM, SP, BSP, Trinamool…

Myth 5: He’s a PM candidate for 2014

When Goa got its first Chief Minister, the Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party stormed to power and not the Congress. The Asom Gana Parishad came to power in 1985 in the very year it was formed. Chief Minister Prafulla Kumar Mahanta was in his early thirties then.

The most sensational debut in an Assembly was NT Rama Rao and the Telugu Desam Party. Within a year of formation, it won a whopping 201/290 seats in Andhra Pradesh. The truth is that AAP is not the greatest debut as it is being made out to be.

But the national scene is a different thing all together. C Rajagopalachari was our first Indian Governor General after Independence. But his Swatantra Party became the chief Opposition only in 1967.

The Congress was formed in 1885 and the RSS in 1925. Even the Left parties, around since before Independence, got their best electoral show in 2004. If you said that AAP could be the third largest party in the Lok Sabha after Congress and BJP in 2019, then it’s slightly possible.

Plus how is AAP going to rule if it keeps swearing at all parties and says it will have absolutely nothing to do with them?

Myth 6: He’s the outsider
Kejriwal was a bureaucrat and it is the bureaucracy which is running the country. Then he was part of civil society which is also close to the establishment.

In that manner people are trying to compare him to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi calling them both outsiders, but that is totally wrong.

AAP is the darling of the ruling establishment in India and if you notice then he has the mainstream media eating out of his hands.

Myth 7: His is a party with a differenceIf you combine the above factors then you’ll realize that there’s not much to differentiate between the AAP and other parties. They all try to woo the voters with freebies and take the secular path even if that brings them in close proximity fundamental hardliners.

The AAP has taken outside support from the Congress, something they said they would never do. They have been high on name calling too.
Post script…

The entire anti-Modi industry first leaned on Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi as the great new hope and then even someone like BJP patriarch LK Advani briefly. They also flirted with Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Chouhan but their latest darling is Kejriwal.

If aam janta like you and me can understand that then why not those who want a khalistan,Telangana & bodoland???
I say give them what they want and let them all rot in hell.Yes thats how I feel when I see the dirty politics in play and how these politicians remain intransigent towards the idea of a united India.

That is not the way to rule a country . Because if we give into any of their demands , it will never stop .

Dealing the separatist with an iron hand is the only solution .

Ofcourse I understand that.
The ppl are constantly fed with sectarian crap every now and then by these politicians so that they could be agitated.
Ours is a democracy permeated with corruption and garden variety of pests called netas(aka politicians).

Another way of dividing people along caste and religious lines is reservation .

Lets see what AAP has to say about it .

AAP to seek more quota for lower castes, women: Yogendra Yadav - Economic Times

Yes I know that too.
Masdar city in Abudhabi which'll open up soon will be completely dependent on renewable sources of energy.A city of 6km2 will need a solar power plant of .21km2.
And so I understand that right now NPP(the running NPPs) are necessary evils.
But new projects like kundakulam can be avoided.
I am so positive that theres a better source of energy than this.why dont they work on famed Tesla's model??or just anything new and better??

I know that too. :)

NPPs are the only solution for near future .

Its better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.(sorry i cant think of anything better to quote right now:sick:).
Jist is ...its better to have tried and failed than not try at all.If we've been patient enough to allow the rapacious governments of BJP and Kaangrass to rule us for 65yrs (taking turns) then why not AAP???
Write it down on a stone...their ghotalas are going to be of far lesser amount.
AAP might fail....AAP and its governance might be a complete disaster but still they'd have managed to bring in some change in Indian polity.And they've already managed to mortify the behemoths....BJP and Kaangrass.
(I want to use a distorted name for BJP too but BJP supporters here will split & slice me.lol.)

Already backing off from their own promises , I don't think so .

Okay I wasnt expecting a "Basanti" act from you:lol:

:D

My hindi classes start here and now...
Bachha its meri hindi...not "mera".Hindi is given a female gender.And you can guess why.:)

Looks like it will be better if I don't speak Hindi .... :P

Kurup you are very optimistic.
And I am sure you knew I'll show you this pic:coffee:

View attachment 12925

And this...

View attachment 12928

Well my point was that NPP are not as evil as it is portrayed to be .... :agree:

That is not the way to rule a country . Because if we give into any of their demands , it will never stop .
I understand that Kurup.I too dont want India breaking up into small parts.

kurup said:
Dealing the separatist with an iron hand is the only solution .
And I am wondering why wasnt the iron fist used on maoists for so long.Now that they've mushroomed in so many states Govt brought in the army.

kurup said:
Another way of dividing people along caste and religious lines is reservation .

AAP to seek more quota for lower castes, women: Yogendra Yadav - Economic Times
I hate reservation of all kinds whether its for women/religion/caste.Ppl should be selected on the basis of their merits.
I have a personal grudge too.This happened after my classmate got selected for AFMC despite his marks being lower than mine.Not just mine but his marks were low compared to many.But still that guy got selected because he belonged to SC/ST.:angry:And thats how i joined engg.:D
I dont've anything against the SC/ST ppl but the reservation system.

kurup said:
NPPs are the only solution for near future .
I hope you haven't missed this

sandy_3126 said:
Sorry to butt in, with 46.5 meter blade systems on Mitsubishi turbines, (75 meter offshore blades are capable of even more), each system is capable of producing 3 Mw of energy, name plate energy of 3.8 , so for so you can be looking a 70 Turbine wind farm providing excess of 250 MW, and 4 such Wind farms,
all four of these wind farms will cost you less than a 1000 MW Nuclear reactor, when you combine the initial cost, Operational cost, Technology cost, Risk mitigation, insurance.

Additionally from the wind farms you wont produce any toxic waste, zero risk to the environment, setup will provide employment to large number of non skilled and semi skilled workers, and lesser nuclear waste in general is good thing.

kurup said:
Looks like it will be better if I don't speak Hindi .... :P
Nahiiii:lol:

kurup said:
Well my point was that NPP are not as evil as it is portrayed to be .... :agree:
Then we should prepare ourselves for extinction of our species.
Amen.:)

I understand that Kurup.I too dont want India breaking up into small parts.

Good . Then don't vote for AAP , vote for BJP ..... :D

And I am wondering why wasnt the iron fist used on maoists for so long.Now that they've mushroomed in so many states Govt brought in the army.

Army has not been brought in . If that was the case , the outcome would have been different .

I hate reservation of all kinds whether its for women/religion/caste.Ppl should be selected on the basis of their merits.
I have a personal grudge too.This happened after my classmate got selected for AFMC despite his marks being lower than mine.Not just mine but his marks were low compared to many.But still that guy got selected because he belonged to SC/ST.:angry:And thats how i joined engg.:D
I dont've anything against the SC/ST ppl but the reservation system.

One more reason to rethink your love for AAP .

I hope you haven't missed this

I read it . But the fact is we have some 20+ NPPs in various stages of construction in different parts of the country and to be in the verge of starting construction .

OTOH , the wind farms .... :undecided:

:devil:

Then we should prepare ourselves for extinction of our species.
Amen.:)

That is one area I don't agree with you ....:mad:

There are no AAP supporters here, just Congressis masquerading as AAP supporters :lol:
I am quite disenchanted by the congress and I do support AAP.I also feel BJP's leadership is far superior to that of congress.

I have a question for the AAP supporters. What do you think about the direct democracy they want, how realistic is it really and at what fields would you personally would have a say in government politcs (be it at state or national level)?
I will try and answer when i get a chance today.

Good . Then don't vote for AAP , vote for BJP ..... :D
Oh my you support BJP??

kurup said:
Army has not been brought in . If that was the case , the outcome would have been different
But recently I read some 20000/30000 commandos were sent to areas with maoist influence.Cant remember which thread.

kurup said:
One more reason to rethink your love for AAP
Love is loss of valuable energy and I dont waste it on political parties....be assured.:angel:

kurup said:
I read it . But the fact is we have some 20+ NPPs in various stages of construction in different parts of the country and to be in the verge of starting construction .
We're doomed if those become functional.

kurup said:
OTOH , the wind farms .... :undecided:

Just yesterday I read a report which said somewhere in Europe few wind farms could produce energy more than 20NPPs.I'll find it and post it some time later.

kurup said:
That is one area I don't agree with you ....:mad:
You're living in denial Kurup.:devil:

Oh my you support BJP??

You didn't knew it .... :woot:

But recently I read some 20000/30000 commandos were sent to areas with maoist influence.Cant remember which thread.

All para-military not army .

Love is loss of valuable energy and I dont waste it on political parties....be assured.:angel:

Good .

We're doomed if those become functional.

They willsurely become functional .

Construction of 4 IPHR-700 has already started , 16 more are planned , locations identified and work will start soon .

That's just the IPHR-700 ..... :D

Just yesterday I read a report which said somewhere in Europe few wind farms could produce energy more than 20NPPs.I'll find it and post it some time later.

OK

You're living in denial Kurup.:devil:

It is necessary for the growth of our country . There is no other way in the near future to discard NPPs .

Wind turbines also has cons too. It affect wind current. Gujarat model of Solar power plants is way better. Modi already proposed solar plant in Thar desert.

It will will be a great step. I don't know why Congress led govt. didn't took this step.

Yadav — a key architect of AAP's spectacular poll debut in Delhi polls alongside Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal and others — said AAP, which until recently didn't have "much clarity" on issues such as reservation, is very much in favour of a quota for SC/STs and OBCs.

Read more at:
AAP to seek more quota for lower castes, women: Yogendra Yadav - The Economic Times
Kejriwal has no right to speak about corruption any more

http://www.firstpost.com/youspeak/i...rruption-any-more_4451.html?utm_source=hp-lhs

7 myths about Arvind Kejriwal

Myth 1: He’s a middle class phenomenon

The 2011 August Kranti agitation led by Anna Hazare was a middle class phenomenon. In 2012, when Kejriwal took on the likes of Robert Vadra and Nitin Gadkari, then the middle class was cheering him on.

Even when the Aam Aadmi Party was launched, it seemed like a party of, for and by the middle class. However all Kejriwal’s association with the middle class ended there. AAP campaigned in the jhuggi jhopdis, among autowallahs and the like.

Their major promises of free water, electricity bill cuts and 500 schools have absolutely no bearing on the middle class but the lower classes. Most of the middle class stayed with the BJP and that’s why they are the biggest party in the Delhi Assembly.

Myth 2: He represents a new kind of politics
Go through the AAP manifesto and you will find that it has more ideological similarities with the Communist Manifesto released in 1848 rather than the post-1991 liberalized India of today.

Most of the voters do not bother to go through manifestoes and check with ideologies and that’s why the AAP has got away on this count.

You may as well call him Arvind Karl Marx.

Myth 3: He has great ideas for the country
Freebies and subsidies are destroying the country and we are facing a financial collapse. So how will increasing freebies and subsidies make things better? Even something like 500 new schools is impractical in Delhi where land is at a premium.

How about beefing up the water and electricity supplies, modernizing them and cutting down on wastage and theft? Even if they want to do that they will not be able to do that thanks to this dole system. And how about improving the standards of the government schools in operation rather than building new ones?

They oppose nuclear power without giving any clarity on how we are going to meet our power shortfall. Prashant Bhushan also talked of giving Kashmir away which would be a highly disastrous move.

Myth 4: He’s an alternative to the BJP
When we got Independence, we were a firmly Left-leaning nation with all political parties, intellectuals, editors, historians, NGOs and civil society activists occupying that space. The only alternative to that is the BJP which leans to the Right.

Kejriwal and AAP also lean to the Left, so how are they an alternative to the BJP? AAP is an alternative to the Congress, CPM, SP, BSP, Trinamool…

Myth 5: He’s a PM candidate for 2014

When Goa got its first Chief Minister, the Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party stormed to power and not the Congress. The Asom Gana Parishad came to power in 1985 in the very year it was formed. Chief Minister Prafulla Kumar Mahanta was in his early thirties then.

The most sensational debut in an Assembly was NT Rama Rao and the Telugu Desam Party. Within a year of formation, it won a whopping 201/290 seats in Andhra Pradesh. The truth is that AAP is not the greatest debut as it is being made out to be.

But the national scene is a different thing all together. C Rajagopalachari was our first Indian Governor General after Independence. But his Swatantra Party became the chief Opposition only in 1967.

The Congress was formed in 1885 and the RSS in 1925. Even the Left parties, around since before Independence, got their best electoral show in 2004. If you said that AAP could be the third largest party in the Lok Sabha after Congress and BJP in 2019, then it’s slightly possible.

Plus how is AAP going to rule if it keeps swearing at all parties and says it will have absolutely nothing to do with them?

Myth 6: He’s the outsider
Kejriwal was a bureaucrat and it is the bureaucracy which is running the country. Then he was part of civil society which is also close to the establishment.

In that manner people are trying to compare him to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi calling them both outsiders, but that is totally wrong.

AAP is the darling of the ruling establishment in India and if you notice then he has the mainstream media eating out of his hands.

Myth 7: His is a party with a differenceIf you combine the above factors then you’ll realize that there’s not much to differentiate between the AAP and other parties. They all try to woo the voters with freebies and take the secular path even if that brings them in close proximity fundamental hardliners.

The AAP has taken outside support from the Congress, something they said they would never do. They have been high on name calling too.
Post script…

The entire anti-Modi industry first leaned on Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi as the great new hope and then even someone like BJP patriarch LK Advani briefly. They also flirted with Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Chouhan but their latest darling is Kejriwal.

You're a paid BJP bot

Hello,

AAP and the myth of direct democracy.

The notorious double D :) , Direct Democracy or pure democracy is one of the those terms that hold the idealistic rhetoric with mass confusion especially when it comes to executive decisions for policy, justice and central affairs.

AAP’s rhetoric doesn't suggest the holistic direct democracy, but divulging of administrative and civic infrastructure planning from central and state commissions to a more populist framework within the constitution of representative democracy.

AAP fought and won the elections in representative democracy, but the unfortunate mis-articulation, which is a case among the novice politician is being capitalized by the seasoned politicians in the English media, to try and raise fear among the literate media about AAP’s intention of altering the very definition of our tried and tested representative democracy. When AAP says direct democracy, they do not mean Dark Knight returns styled public hearing and walking on thin ice for guilty, but just divulging the authority of the counsellors and corporators of wards to Mohalla sabha.

Why is such devolution of decision making authority is needed? The answer two fold :

1> The type of people who occupy the positions of municipal councilor, Corporators and gram panchayats . These are most often relatives of the MLA’s, Zamindars in farming communities, Student Wing political cadres trying to enter main stream and sometime outright local goons trying a hand at politics as these positions as launch pad.

2> Civic/Town Infrastructure planning work is done by bureaucratic members and elected political representatives and more often than less, the actual need of people is overlooked,

The AAP’s approach is not to rid the system of it’s all it’s evil but to bypass the ineffective system and let people have a say in the system. If 10 elders in a mohalla believe that instead of a statue of a leader, a bus stand needs to be constructed then be it, these are smaller tactical decisions where management and expediting skills are needed instead of incredible finesse in political caliber. These reforms provide instant results to the problems of the common man. For more complex and specialized problems of central planning, government budget, foreign policy, defense, agriculture, power, etc, the system of respective ministries already exist and the representative leadership is already elected for it. The objective to include the people is to create better synergy of situational awareness of the aspirations of the people in this country within the existing legislative system.

AAP is not suggesting the common people as a part of direct democracy start making all complex decisions which will shape the future of the nation , instead it is suggesting is an inclusive democracy for solving problems which have been constantly overlooked by consecutive governments over the years.

I would also like to mention that devolution of power to grass root levels is not the only agenda for the AAP, it also includes other issues, There were 17 issues that the AAP decided by consensus in delhi,in other states it would be different according to local needs.... so in essence AAP’s agenda are people’s issues, and that is the difference it is bringing.

Instead of polarizing the people within caste community language and heritage, AAP is actually consolidating the issues of the people and contesting for people across the traditionally demarcated areas of interests....

Hello,

AAP and the myth of direct democracy.

Don't want to comment as of now, would like to hear more other views and opinions first and my rating of your post is also no agreement to your view (as of now), but because it's very informative. Thanks!

Pakistanis should learn and form a party along the similar lines AAP is the way forward , for once leaders are appointed by the people

Back
Top Bottom