What's new

AAP- the real deal

Do you think Fukushima kind of evacuation is possible in Kundakulam???

I have one question from anyone who believes that Nuclear power is unsafe because of what happened in Fushikuma-

How many people recieved lethal radiation dose in fushikuma or in other words, how many people died due to fushikuma?

I have one question from anyone who believes that Nuclear power is unsafe because of what happened in Fushikuma-

How many people recieved lethal radiation dose in fushikuma or in other words, how many people died due to fushikuma?

The more pertinent question is;
How many people were evacuated because of the Fukushima disaster?
How many miles around the reactor is still unsafe for habitation?
How many more years to go before these people can return to their homes?

@Indischer has answered you.

The more pertinent question is;
How many people were evacuated because of the Fukushima disaster?
How many miles around the reactor is still unsafe for habitation?
How many more years to go before these people can return to their homes?

Just adding one more question to that list Indischer.
If they will EVER return to that place???

@Anonymous
I dont think even the Japanese govt. would give out the exact numbers.But a disaster of the scale as Fukushima's can affect generations.To me European countries sound smarter because in the aftermath of the Fukushima fallout, several European countries've decided not to extend the lifespan of their nuclear reactors.
Japan itself would close down all its NPP by 2030.And then would switch to wind turbines in sea,geothermal energy and solar power plants.
So why are we regressive in our approach???
Finding an alternate and clean source of power is the need of the hour.
@kurup

Last edited:
@levina I wanted to ask the same, but toned down, lest the Japs pull out some new tech to clean up the place and make me eat my words.:lol:

In Germany, in the aftermath of the Fukushima disaster, 8 out of the 17 reactors (the ones that were constructed before 1981)were stopped even though they were working perfectly well.

There was a very serious debate on Nuclear power generation, and the Govt made it clear that it would decommission ALL reactors by 2022.

But in case of India, I guess Nuclear power is a risk that needs to be taken for at least 2-3 decades more. A plan must be put in place in this period to transition smoothly into renewable/green energy alternatives. Simple tasks like finding land to install wind turbines end up taking years in India.:tsk:

@Indischer
wind turbines placed in sea wont need land acquisition.But I know those must be costlier.

@Indischer @levina
apart from being costly for installing, the maintenance charges are also very high. more ppl are required to keep an eye on the system.
wind turbines can be very noisy and and usually have efficiency issues. i even heard they interrupt the airflow in a bad manner.

@Indischer @levina
apart from being costly for installing, the maintenance charges are also very high. more ppl are required to keep an eye on the system.
wind turbines can be very noisy and and usually have efficiency issues. i even heard they interrupt the airflow in a bad manner.

Yup.They're expensive because of the huge life-cycle costs associated with off-shore wind turbines. A simple procedure like topping up bearing greases will entail sending a technician either by boat or by air, either of which is expensive in itself.

Not sure about them interrupting the airflow though. They just tap into an already blowing wind,which is more due to pressure differences in the atmosphere owing to greater heating of the Earth in the Tropics than in temperate regions.

Terrified Modified Indians trying to discredit newly formed party & govt. without giving them time to perform.

Is it? Plz reply to this.

There was a Shunglu committee report against former Delhi CM Shiela Dixit, on the humongous Common Wealth Games (CWG) Scam of around 75,000 Crores.

But, No Media trials, No chargesheet by Lokayukta, No FIR.. Nothing.

Even the Anti-Corruption Messiah Sir Prophet Arvind Kejriwal is protecting Congress and Shiela Dikshit. Former NAC member (now AAP Core team member) Mr Yogendra Yadav is saying there are no proofs against Congress and Shiela Dixit viz-a-viz CWG Scam.

Even, Prophet Arvind Kejriwal was also heard saying that, he will only order investigation against Congress and Shiela Dixit, only if Dr Harshavardhan, BJP brings any proofs against her.

Cant understand with this kind of open congress supporting, still you guys behaving like dumb *******

@Indischer has answered you.

Just adding one more question to that list Indischer.
If they will EVER return to that place???

@Anonymous
I dont think even the Japanese govt. would give out the exact numbers.But a disaster of the scale as Fukushima's can affect generations.To me European countries sound smarter because in the aftermath of the Fukushima fallout, several European countries've decided not to extend the lifespan of their nuclear reactors.
Japan itself would close down all its NPP by 2030.And then would switch to wind turbines in sea,geothermal energy and solar power plants.
So why are we regressive in our approach???
Finding an alternate and clean source of power is the need of the hour.
@kurup

Hiroshima 2013

la_fig7.jpg

There's already a case on him in the court for his statement.Lets wait for the judgement.

The problem is that if people with such stupid ideas comes to power , India will be 28 countries after their rule .

Plans on this nuclear power plant began way back in Rajiv Gandhi's time,1988(if I am not wrong).The deal was given a new life by Mr.Chidambram in 1998.This was done mainly to get Russia's support.
Many ppl have called it the safest nuclear powerplant in the world.But I dont believe them.
Do you think Fukushima kind of evacuation is possible in Kundakulam???
Infact even SC has given a judgement saying its in the greater interest.Or in short ,life of ppl around the powerplant could be in jeopardy if there's a disaster.
The government is under pressure to get this plant to produce as much power because of the power shortage.
I dont know if the protests are a christian conspiracy or if there are NGOs supported by Americas/Scandinavians to fuel protests.
And yes I do know this powerplant will be of great benefit to Karnataka,Kerala and TN.

As far as the nuke plants are concerned , I don't agree with you .

We have been operating nuke plants for 3+ decades without any serious problem .

Even a BJP govt ın the center had ppl thınkıng in the same lines,but didn't they surprise everyone with their governance.Only towards the tail end did they err.

AAP main focus point was that they are political party different than others .

But the points I raised certainly shows that they are not much different from others .

The only difference is that they are not corrupt but they had only started afterall .

Next time pick up a few arguments in hindi,trust me your hindi would be perfect in a week's time.:)

That's a nice idea . Will give it a try .

Happy to see that AAP has brought BJP & Congress Internet warriors together...............

Back
Top Bottom