What's new

A View about India Written by Pakistani Journalist Dr. Farrukh Saleem

States ka to pata nahi bhai par UK ka London office main Indians hi Indians dikhtey hain. Theres Vada-paw and Dosa on the official canteen menu :P

The brits are pissed with us. Like reaaaaally pissed. Most of the chaps here are on deputation and they eat with their hands. Tch tch :D

If I am not wrong, IBM in India has close to a 100,000 employees...so the 28% doesnt look wrong to me.

The ability to interfere in every other country in South Asia and destroy them internally through propaganda and purchased politicians, cultural and media personalities and intellectuals who have no hesitation to betray the country and the national interest ....

What you are posting is related to Geo politics and every country does that. Internal destruction is not apt in this case as BD is doing well economically and is progressing.

This is a my-di@k-is-bigger-than-yours thread!! WTF have the Ambanis and their ilk gotta do with the millions of Indians who manage just one square meal a day? Ambani has an AC mansion with swimming pools, six storied car park etc but for every Ambani and Azim Premji, there are a million Indians living on footpaths and under bridges.

What is the percentage of these billionaires to India's population? This just shows there is NO inclusive growth in this country. The rich are getting richer and the poor are stagnating if not getting poorer. All this talk of a 'fast' expanding middle class is mostly hogwash. At the present rate it'll take another 100 years for India to be truly called a developed country. Till then we can continue competing with Sub Saharan Africa in most aspects. (Except, of course, for the Ambanis).

And yes, India is not Ambani and Ambani is not India! Period!

Imagine, 12 percent of all American scientists are of Indian origin; 38 percent of doctors in America are Indian; 36 percent of NASA scientists are Indians; 34 percent of Microsoft employees are Indians; and 28 percent of IBM employees are Indians.

Hi,

The reason for that is because indian education system is similar to the u s---indian graduates spend the same amount of time in school as american graduates.

this influx of indians started in the 50's---whereas the indian govt played proxy to the communist russia---the indian civilians were getting green cards to the u s on education visas---. In the 70's and 80 and now----the universities in the mid west have many an indian teachers.

Basically terrible relationship between the indian govt and u s govt---but great relationship between the indian civilians and u s civilians.

My stupid pakistani brethren failed at every step----they cherished great relationship with the u s govt----and thus the pakistani civilians did not give a rat-s ar-se about developing good relationship with the american counterparts.

Truly---my countrymen are only good in the art of looting and plundering the nation.

This is a my-di@k-is-bigger-than-yours thread!! WTF have the Ambanis and their ilk gotta do with the millions of Indians who manage just one square meal a day? Ambani has an AC mansion with swimming pools, six storied car park etc but for every Ambani and Azim Premji, there are a million Indians living on footpaths and under bridges.
What is the percentage of these billionaires to India's population? This just shows there is NO inclusive growth in this country. The rich are getting richer and the poor are stagnating if not getting poorer. All this talk of a 'fast' expanding middle class is mostly hogwash. At the present rate it'll take another 100 years for India to be truly called a developed country. Till then we can continue competing with Sub Saharan Africa in most aspects. (Except, of course, for the Ambanis).
And yes, India is not Ambani and Ambani is not India! Period!

This article was basically a rant by a pakistani journalist disillusioned by the state of affairs out there.I did happen to research the writer and this piece does not do him justice in any way.

While I do agree with most of your post, the bit about the middle class Indians struck a chord and I'm forced to disagree. You see yours truly comes from a lower middle class back ground. We couldn't afford a car till the late 1990s. Dad had a kinetic honda scooter and me and sister used to pillion ride to our schools till about std 9. That was then. Now things have changed. We both draw high seven figure salaries, drive mid-range sedans and can afford the "tam-jham" of the malls. Things that were beyond our dreams and we were envious of just 10 years back. All this thanks to the the growth of the service and manufacturing sectors in India.

This is the story of millions of other Indians like you and me. Yes there is poverty. There is still an overwhelming percentage of have-nots in our country, but comparing the same with sub-saharan regions is a bit much.

I'll leave you with a paper published by Oxford University Press that explains this phenomenon much more lucidly and with much less emotion than I did.

http://www.epw.in/system/files/pdf/1964_16/15/the_middle_class_in_india.pdf

Cheers

Last edited:
Been here for ages mate. Probably the oldest member in this thread barring @BATMAN . Do have a look at my joining date. Never posted much but I believe I know most of the members here.

The article is indeed shyte as my good friend @FaujHistorian and I both agree.
But do go ahead.
Feel free to contradict any point mentioned in the article with documented evidence to the contrary.

Sir,

That article is not shyte----I will vouch for it.

My countrymen---are a pathetic race---they have failed miserably in the world forum as well as the home front---.

As for you indians---your govt has made the final decision----it cannot feed all of india and cannot take care of their welfare either---so it has decided to focus on the welfare of those who are succeeding---in the end the result will be haves and have not----.

Those who will make it---will get the reward---and the others will be living in their misery.

Sir,
That article is not shyte----I will vouch for it.
My countrymen---are a pathetic race---they have failed miserably in the world forum as well as the home front---.
As for you indians---your govt has made the final decision----it cannot feed all of india and cannot take care of their welfare either---so it has decided to focus on the welfare of those who are succeeding---in the end the result will be haves and have not----.

Sir its an honor to have you commenting on a thread I've started. I've followed your posts for over half a decade on PDF and I've found you to be one of the most scrupulously honest forumers from the other side.

On Topic: We have a new political wave flowing right now called the Aam Aadmi Party. I happen to be an enlisted member. They are looking to address exactly the same issue as you have pointed out.
Lets hope this time around its doesn't crash like the JP Narayan or the VP Singh movements.

Cheers

Last edited:
Sir its an honor to have you commenting on a thread I've started. I've followed your posts for over half a decade on PDF and I've found you to be one of the most scrupulously honest forumers from the other side.

On Topic: We have a new political wave flowing right now called the Aam Aadmi Party. I happen to be an enlisted member. They are looking to address exactly the same issue as you have pointed out.
Lets hope this time around its doesn't crash like the JP Narayan or the VP Singh movements.

Cheers

Hi,

Here is what has happened in india---the state has realized that it does not have the resources to take care of the poor---but it will support those who have made it thru to the promised land.

Now here is the catch that the average joe has not caught onto----india is now depending on you the successful people to help and assist those who are left behind. The indian govt out of reason, by default or just by shear luck has created a situation that will help some of the poor that they could not----by challenging your MORAL OBLIGATION TO YOUR SOCIETY---if you helped them---well and good---the numbers of better offs increase.

Pakistan otoh---is digging up foundations setup by those before them and start anew everytime---thus slipping backwards.

It does not make any difference if the movement crashes---. Once the seed has been sown---once the haves have decided that they are going to help the have not---there is no stopping to it. They will find a way to make the life of one person better and that is all it takes.

We Indians are famous for beating our own drums or blowing our own horns ;) but seriously, it warms the cockles of my heart when the praise comes from the other side.

Damn, inspite of the corruption, hypocrisy and bigotry so very prevalent in our system.... we must have done something right.

Here's the man (Dr. Farrukh Saleem) and this is what he has to say about us.

"Here’s what is happening in India:

The two Ambani brothers can buy 100 percent of every company listed on the Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE) and would still be left with $30 billion to spare. The four richest Indians can buy up all goods and services produced over a year by 169 million Pakistanis and still be left with $60 billion to spare. The four richest Indians are now richer than the forty richest Chinese.
In November, Bombay Stock Exchange’s benchmark Sensex flirted with 20,000 points. As a consequence, Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries became a $100 billion company (the entire KSE is capitalized at $65 billion). Mukesh owns 48 percent of Reliance.

Mukesh is now staying in his new home, Residence Antillia (after a mythical, phantom island somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean ). At a cost of $1 billion this would be the most expensive home on the face of the planet. At 173 meters tall Mukesh’s new family residence, for a family of six, will be the equivalent of a 60-storeyed building. The first six floors are reserved for parking. The seventh floor is for car servicing and maintenance..

The eighth floor houses a mini-theatre. Then there’s a health club, a gym and a swimming pool. Two floors are reserved for Ambani family’s guests. Four floors above the guest floors are family floors all with a superb view of the Arabian Sea On top of everything are three helipads. A staff of 600 is expected to care for the family and their family home.

In 2004, India became the 3rd most attractive foreign direct investment destination. Pakistan wasn’t even in the top 25 countries.

In 2004, the United Nations, the representative body of 192 sovereign member states, had requested the Election Commission of India to assist the UN in the holding elections in Al Jumhuriyah al Iraqiyah and Dowlat-e Eslami-ye Afghanestan. Why the Election Commission of India and not the Election Commission of Pakistan? After all, Islamabad is closer to Kabul than is Delhi .

Imagine, 12 percent of all American scientists are of Indian origin; 38 percent of doctors in America are Indian; 36 percent of NASA scientists are Indians; 34 percent of Microsoft employees are Indians; and 28 percent of IBM employees are Indians.

For the record: Sabeer Bhatia created and founded Hotmail. Sun Microsystems was founded by Vinod Khosla. The Intel Pentium processor, that runs 90 percent of all computers, was fathered by Vinod Dham.
Rajiv Gupta co-invented Hewlett Packard’s E-speak project. Four out often Silicon Valley start-ups are run by Indians. Bollywood produces 800 movies per year and six Indian ladies have won Miss Universe/Miss World titles over the past 10 years.

For the record: Azim Premji–an Ismaili, the richest Muslim entrepreneur on the face of the planet (Ismailis are not considered as Muslims according to Pakistani Constitution), was born in Bombay and now lives in Bangalore. India now has more than three dozen billionaires; Pakistan has none (not a single dollar billionaire).

The other amazing aspect is the rapid pace at which India is creating wealth. In 2002, Dhirubhai Ambani, Mukesh and Anil’s father, left his two sons a fortune worth $2.8 billion. In 2007, their combined wealth stood at $94 billion. On 29 October 2007, as a result of the stock market rally and the appreciation of the Indian rupee, Mukesh became the richest person in the world, with net worth climbing to US$63.2 billion (Bill Gates, the richest American, stands at around $56 billion).

Indians and Pakistanis have the same Y-chromosome haplogroup. We have the same genetic sequence and the same genetic marker (namely: M124).

We have the same DNA molecule, the same DNA sequence. Our culture, our traditions and our cuisine are all the same. We watch the same movies and sing the same songs. What is it that Indians have and we don’t?

INDIANS ELECT THEIR LEADERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And also to mention: They think of Construction of own nation, unlike other nations who are just concerned with destruction of others…

Simple answer to why the Indians fare better than the Pakistanis:

They don’t focus on religion all the time and neither do they spend time and money in devising ways to kill their own and everyone else over religion."

A View about India Written by Pakistani Journalist Dr. Farrukh Saleem | Faithfreedom.org

This thread was posted in good faith. I sincerely request all and sundry not to turn it into a hate or troll fest.

Cheers

you are celebrating for some rich douchebags who dont probably give a rat's asre about you or any of your comrades at all !

you are celebrating for some rich douchebags who dont probably give a rat's asre about you or any of your comrades at all !

Read the The Intel Pentium processor,FDI,Hotmail thingy..

So we should start talking about a South Korean or Chinese industrial mogal buying up the whole of Indian $hit.
Man, which south korean/Chinese mogal is a trillionaire? :rofl: Typical Pakistani.:sarcastic:

And,Economy of S. Korea is half of India.:partay:

Indians and Pakistanis have the same Y-chromosome haplogroup. We have the same genetic sequence and the same genetic marker (namely: M124).

We have the same DNA molecule, the same DNA sequence. Our culture, our traditions and our cuisine are all the same. We watch the same movies and sing the same songs.

Not true . A South Indian , East Indian and North-East Indian have nothing in common with a Pakistani .

We Indians are famous for beating our own drums or blowing our own horns ;) but seriously, it warms the cockles of my heart when the praise comes from the other side.

Damn, inspite of the corruption, hypocrisy and bigotry so very prevalent in our system.... we must have done something right.

The two Ambani brothers can buy 100 percent of every company listed on the Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE) and would still be left with $30 billion to spare. The four richest Indians can buy up all goods and services produced over a year by 169 million Pakistanis and still be left with $60 billion to spare. The four richest Indians are now richer than the forty richest Chinese.
In November, Bombay Stock Exchange’s benchmark Sensex flirted with 20,000 points. As a consequence, Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries became a $100 billion company (the entire KSE is capitalized at $65 billion). Mukesh owns 48 percent of Reliance.

Mukesh is now staying in his new home, Residence Antillia (after a mythical, phantom island somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean ). At a cost of $1 billion this would be the most expensive home on the face of the planet. At 173 meters tall Mukesh’s new family residence, for a family of six, will be the equivalent of a 60-storeyed building. The first six floors are reserved for parking. The seventh floor is for car servicing and maintenance..

The eighth floor houses a mini-theatre. Then there’s a health club, a gym and a swimming pool. Two floors are reserved for Ambani family’s guests. Four floors above the guest floors are family floors all with a superb view of the Arabian Sea On top of everything are three helipads. A staff of 600 is expected to care for the family and their family home.

In 2004, India became the 3rd most attractive foreign direct investment destination. Pakistan wasn’t even in the top 25 countries.

In 2004, the United Nations, the representative body of 192 sovereign member states, had requested the Election Commission of India to assist the UN in the holding elections in Al Jumhuriyah al Iraqiyah and Dowlat-e Eslami-ye Afghanestan. Why the Election Commission of India and not the Election Commission of Pakistan? After all, Islamabad is closer to Kabul than is Delhi .

For the record: Sabeer Bhatia created and founded Hotmail. Sun Microsystems was founded by Vinod Khosla. The Intel Pentium processor, that runs 90 percent of all computers, was fathered by Vinod Dham.
Rajiv Gupta co-invented Hewlett Packard’s E-speak project. Four out often Silicon Valley start-ups are run by Indians. Bollywood produces 800 movies per year and six Indian ladies have won Miss Universe/Miss World titles over the past 10 years.

For the record: Azim Premji–an Ismaili, the richest Muslim entrepreneur on the face of the planet (Ismailis are not considered as Muslims according to Pakistani Constitution), was born in Bombay and now lives in Bangalore. India now has more than three dozen billionaires; Pakistan has none (not a single dollar billionaire).

The other amazing aspect is the rapid pace at which India is creating wealth. In 2002, Dhirubhai Ambani, Mukesh and Anil’s father, left his two sons a fortune worth $2.8 billion. In 2007, their combined wealth stood at $94 billion. On 29 October 2007, as a result of the stock market rally and the appreciation of the Indian rupee, Mukesh became the richest person in the world, with net worth climbing to US$63.2 billion (Bill Gates, the richest American, stands at around $56 billion).

We have the same DNA molecule, the same DNA sequence. Our culture, our traditions and our cuisine are all the same. We watch the same movies and sing the same songs. What is it that Indians have and we don’t?

And also to mention: They think of Construction of own nation, unlike other nations who are just concerned with destruction of others…

They don’t focus on religion all the time and neither do they spend time and money in devising ways to kill their own and everyone else over religion."

A View about India Written by Pakistani Journalist Dr. Farrukh Saleem | Faithfreedom.org

This thread was posted in good faith. I sincerely request all and sundry not to turn it into a hate or troll fest.

Cheers

Most of the Indians settled in USA/UK are those countries citizens. Would they have been able to achieve the same in India? Probably not. That't why they left for greener pastures.

You cannot work for NASA as an Indian. Since it's a US Federal government job, you have to have American Citizenship. They are Americans of Indian origin. Let's get that straight before you start bragging.

Man, which south korean/Chinese mogal is a trillionaire? :rofl: Typical Pakistani.:sarcastic:

And,Economy of S. Korea is half of India.:partay:

And why does that matter? Their per capita GDP is 10 times that of India.

South Korea is a developed industrialized country, not piss poor like South Asian nations.

Actually, the productive worth of 1 South Korean is more than 10 Indians.

Check their per capita in everything.

Arent those people "NRIs" ... only indian by origin?... citizens of those respective countries and not india!!

Also the article is full of crap... inaccurate n moronic..

Not true . A South Indian , East Indian and North-East Indian have nothing in common with a Pakistani .

Nor do north Indians... apart from Punjabis or Rajputs..

The author perhaps a very limited sense of social sciences. His notion that Pakistan and India are of the same 'lot' is not entirely true and this goes through every sense of the word.

Ethnically, our diversity is much different from India. As an example India does not have the number of ethnic Pakthuns and Balochies that we have and taking Paksitan = Punjab + Sindh which has been historically been a part of South Asia is not correct.

Secondly, the demographics of developement in Pakistan were and still are very different: the number of urbanised people that Pakistan had was very low (with Lahore and Karachi being the only major cities in '47) where as India had about 15 or so major urban hubs and thus a vibrant 'middle class' that has been the true tipping point in the balance of power in social, economic and political terms. Pakistan's middle class rose in the late 70s and early 80s, thus, development in all terms would naturally be different.

Thirdly, the factors that both nations faced and the resources with which they could face it were again very different: Pakistan's founding party was voted completely out of power within the first decade of her inception. India enjoyed Congress leadership for a longer time. Pakistan's territory was divided, India had a united territory.

Lastly, Pakistan did not enjoy the fruits of British administrative hold which India did. Infrastructure wise, India got the better part of British legacy whereas Pakistan got the fringe regions which were underdeveloped for the most part and had to put in resources that it did not have in not just social/political development but also infrastructure.

So, the original premise is faulty.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom