What's new

A truly multi-cultural India is a myth

Yes. . it was an act of Racism.. . yes it was sad and Shameful. . . yes we are sorry. . yes we are against this evil that prevails in every corner of our society :hitwall:

Now, show us the solution. . . show us the way to get over it. . . all i can see is criticism( easiest thing to do in the world ). . . :angry:

Good, you complain of trivialisation of racism suffered by Blacks and then you go onto trivialise the emotional hurt suffered by someone.
Your subjective perception of offense does not dictate what racism is.
I am not calling for overt political correctness. Neither am I self falgellating or self loathing. But your "there is absolutely no racism' in India remark is so unbelievable.
When you had Indian posters here who called Africans inferior to Indians, intelligence wise culture wise.

As I said the words in India are not loaded with hatred. Calling you a mallu, does not mean I think being a malayalee is something bad. It is just a shortened convenient usage of words. What we do in our homes with our loved ones. giving them nicknames.

What you are doing is sharpening fault lines by picking up normal behavior and defining them as pathological. You are perpetuating a sense of persecution where there is none. You are laying the ground work for future civil wars and break ups.

Those who negatively generalize people are definitely racists and moreover act on those negative beliefs.

I m from assam and belong to Bodo-kachari tribe..

Bodo accent seems similar to Bengali and Assamese. Since you guys use Devanagari script, its not difficult to identity the accent. :)

Please as I said you go by words without understanding their meaning. When Indians ask for segregation on the basis of race or different laws on the basis of race or want to enslave people on the basis of race, then you tell me. Else heh, I felt discriminated against when my mother made me help her in the kitchen but my brothers got away scotfree, should I complain of racism against her?
Tell me honestly, when it was the last time you saw a "Lodha" or a "Munda" in a five star hotel reception? Am sorry I have to go blunt this time.

Tell me honestly, when it was the last time you saw a "Lodha" or a "Munda" in a five star hotel reception? Am sorry I have to go blunt this time.

What is a Lodha and a Munda? Munda as far as I know is a punjabi word for a boy, and there are plenty of men in reception in the hotels.

Munda people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lodha people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ah okay so now that is your definition of racism. Like how Bollywood chooses light color actress, the military chooses people over a certain height to induct into army, the Air Force chooses people with 20/20 vision. Hmm, I can understand your sense of grievance.

Ah okay so now that is your definition of racism. Like how Bollywood chooses light color actress, the military chooses people over a certain height to induct into army, the Air Force chooses people with 20/20 vision. Hmm, I can understand your sense of grievance.
Nothing wrong in selecting the strongest man to fight for his country and himself. Bollywood do have dark colored actors. It has nothing to do with my "grievance".

Nothing wrong in selecting the strongest man to fight for his country and himself. Bollywood do have dark colored actors. It has nothing to do with my "grievance"

Oh really? Now you dont consider these "discrimination." Do you not want people to correct themselves and fine the military for taking only tall people and mostly people from mountainous regions. We should ban Bollywood until all lead actresses are dark in color. Air Force should be made to ground all their planes until they stop their discrimination against people with lesser than 20/20 vision.

Oh really? Now you dont consider these "discrimination." Do you not want people to correct themselves and fine the military for taking only tall people and mostly people from mountainous regions. We should ban Bollywood until all lead actresses are dark in color. Air Force should be made to ground all their planes until they stop their discrimination against people with lesser than 20/20 vision.
My God!!! What does fitness attributes necessary for war have to do with mental perception about beauty?

My God!!! What does fitness attributes necessary for war have to do with mental perception about beauty

Just merely having a different perception of beauty does not a racist make. Just like the army, here too the best person suited for a dumb job is put forward.

As far back I can remember the cutest and the prettiest girl used to be called Chini Gudiya or Japani Gudiya. Even the Hindi word Chini means sugar. So all associations with the word Chini, Chinki, and Chinese were always positive. Even considering them to be inherently capable of gravity defying martial arts was a credit to them. Considering Bengalis and Assamese were also intermarrying with people from Northeast India, there was absolutely no divide.

So where in came these negative associations with those words? Where from came this feeling of not being considered an equal to the rest of the country?

Has adopting English as our language of communication also imported the cultural and social memes of the English-speaking countries to the extent that our people have forgotten their own history and cultural associations and subsumed it to the ones of English speaking countries. While a "chink" may have been used as a slur in US and the Chinese humiliated and made to feel inferior, was not that the doing of the American society?

Transposing the guilt of the whole Western world on to India has been an unfortunate fallout of this. It does not take a minute to call someone a Nazi though Indians have never indulged in slaughter of Jews. It does not take a minute to call someone fascist though Indians have never had imperial ambitions. Now all Indians are supposed to know about all of the negative associations in the rest of the English world so as to not offend anyone.

Bheja ghar pe rakhke aye ho kya ?

calling your buddies names is always meant to be a joke BUT calling North easterners as chinkis out of racism is not a pleasant thing indeed neither the two are comparable

You are right -
The term 'Chinki' is a racial slur and rightly banned in India -

Call a Northeastern 'Chinki', be jailed for 5 yrs - Times Of India

‘Five yrs in jail for calling people ‘chinki’? Not enough!’ | Firstpost

Bodo accent seems similar to Bengali and Assamese. Since you guys use Devanagari script, its not difficult to identity the accent. :)
The language is tibeto-burman actually and script was adopted very late in 60s after lot of opposition from christian bodos who were advocating roman script . Before that we used to use assamese script .. The bodo language is same with dimasa and other kachari tribes of assam as wellas kokborok of tripura , garo of meghalaya , konyaks of nagaland and some tribes of AP..All differ slightly and belongs to tibeto burman subgroup.
Bodo language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
i am from NE,,,let me start with the fact that India truly is a multicultural society....
i have been to a no. of indian cities,,,,had a few bad experiences,most of them in north India :p:,,,, there is racism in our country,yeah its a fact too.....being in denial wont solve anything....
spent a lot of time in Delhi,,have alot of frnds there,...
last year,i was working in a govt. Hospital in west delhi,...........six of us(3 boys 3 girls ) went to district center,janakpuri(which is nearby)......we watched some movie....then on the way out,a group of about 10boys started teasing the girls,about being with chinkis.....,chanting chinki-chinki n making lewd remarks about the girls....we ignored them...
after some shopping,we parted with the girls n bought some beer :p: ....alot of guys sit near district center n drink beer,,,police dont seem to notice :p:
while we were enjoying cold beer n bhel puri(love the combination),that same group came towards us n started teasing us.....we cudnt take that shit anymore(thodi chadh bhi gayi thi :p:)..after some dhakka mukki...nearby ppl stopped us...guess what ...ppl were on our side...those guys left the scene after getting stern warnings from the crowd....
end of story.

@scorpionx
let thm live in lalaland n be happy.......
mods close this thread.....yeh @LoveIcon ISI ka agent hai....indians ko ladwane ke liye yeh thread khola gaya hai....is loveicon Ki toh.....:mad:

Back
Top Bottom